Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who missed the winning goal?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Well I left early to beat the rush as soon as our goal went in I legged it straight out of the ground wrestling a few Charlton fans off me who wanted to celebrate ffs
    I knew it was the winner and there was no time left , so got a good head start on the Charlton contingent and by running beat a lot of Mackems in the sprint to the tube and was indoors by 6pm .
    I left a bit before you and was luckily in the car when we scored the winner so didn't miss out at all. Me and the kids cheered as much as if we'd been in the ground, and home by 6.15 with a nice pre-ordered Dominos ready and waiting.
    Is this a wind up? How can you have possibly have celebrated that as much in the car as those in the ground?

Tbf I left after having those half time drinks of gin and beer and was in my local before 5pm so I still had a chance to nab a few free roast potatoes. 
  • Options
    I missed the first goal emptying my pre match beers, incredible sound from the bogs when our goal went in
  • Options
    I left immediately after the National Anthem........can anyone beat that!
    Seemed like most of the Sunderland fans did the same the amount of noise they made 
  • Options
    A guy in front me of me walked out after we conceded, muttering and shaking his head, but he did come back a bit later. He saw both our goals too!
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Yes I missed our winner, nature took its course of events about 30 seconds before we scored.
    Serious question.......(assuming it was alcohol related & not prostate issues).Could you

A) not wait 30 seconds. There was only 4 mins of added-on time & we scored with 5 secs remaining.

b) wonder why drinking so much before & (presuming) during the game has to be something you do.......to the extent you miss THE goal & celebrations that will be talked about for decades.

Don't get me wrong, I like a few beers like the next man & have been out of my box many times. But 76000 people were there to watch a football match. It only lasts 90 mins (plus 4 mins added time as you know to your cost). Time & place for everything. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off_it said:
    golfaddick said:*
    Yes I missed our winner, nature took its course of events about 30 seconds before we scored.
    Serious question.......(assuming it was alcohol related & not prostate issues).Could you

A) not wait 30 seconds. There was only 4 mins of added-on time & we scored with 5 secs remaining.

b) wonder why drinking so much before & (presuming) during the game has to be something you do.......to the extent you miss THE goal & celebrations that will be talked about for decades.

Don't get me wrong, I like a few beers like the next man & have been out of my box many times. But 76000 people were there to watch a football match. It only lasts 90 mins (plus 4 mins added time as you know to your cost). Time & place for everything. 
    I reckon he did it just to wind up people like you. Pure and simple.
    Golfie should have a new nickname.  'The Clock'.
  • Options
    I was right up to top of stand, 80 yard down the stairs

Went to the loo, be ready for extra time.

Coming out of the loo, the stand went mad, we scored.

I did't mind , saw the goal on the stadium screen.

Wonderful day, 40,000 fans, magic day
  • Options
    Sort of missed our 1st goal bit of a blur as was looking up the pitch not expecting a back pass
  • Options
    zzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    I know. Taking a stand on things is so boring.
    The owner thanks you for your support.

You get my respect mate.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Sort of missed our 1st goal bit of a blur as was looking up the pitch not expecting a back pass
    I didn't know you posted on here Dillon 
    Brilliant...take a bow Chizz...👏👏👏
  • Options
    I left immediately after the National Anthem........can anyone beat that!
    I left in 2011 and have sadly missed a shit ton of goals.

On a more serious note, my mum is disabled and was really worried about getting caught in the crush after the Donny home match so she left 5mins early to 'beat the rush' she made it home just in time to watch the penalties on Sky, I don't think she'll make that mistake again!
  • Options
    I missed the first goal emptying my pre match beers, incredible sound from the bogs when our goal went in
    The bogs are alive? Shrieeeeek  ;)