Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans Forum - new dates announced for 2021 (p11) - first is 16th Sept

Comments

• Options
    If I was part of the FF I would consider encouraging all other representatives to simply not show at the next meeting and send a message to the EFL afterwards explaining that the directive is being abused. 
    And you expect the EFL would then do what ?
    Easy to organise(well, should be) and is hopefully likely to cause Roland to have another outburst. I would expect the EFL to ask Roland to ensure suitable representation at future meetings. 

You never know, Murray might even show his face. Maybe not but worth trying.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    If I was part of the FF I would consider encouraging all other representatives to simply not show at the next meeting and send a message to the EFL afterwards explaining that the directive is being abused. 
    And you expect the EFL would then do what ?
    Easy to organise(well, should be) and is hopefully likely to cause Roland to have another outburst. I would expect the EFL to ask Roland to ensure suitable representation at future meetings. 

You never know, Murray might even show his face. Maybe not but worth trying.
    RD would either ignore them & they would do nothing about it, or you'll get the same scenario as last night.
    RD would say LDT wasn't available.
    No way Murray would turn up, unless of course he chose to do so.
    The EFL have confirmed they are toothless, despite some great effort by some of our fans.
  • Options
    I feel sick hearing Ravi is a spanner. Always liked him 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Not turning up gives the victory to the regime.

LDT doesn't have to answer any difficult questions, and Wayne/Dodger said he hadn't realised that tough questions were asked by others.

Duchatelet would claim that fans refused to talk and so all miscommunication was down to them, not him "we try to huh communicate, but they won't even meet us. They are crazy, huh".

What worked better was when they tried to make a meeting about the graffiti (which I still think was a put up job) and the FF just said no.
  • Options
    That statement about the average season ticket holder "costing £1000" is so stupid that it actually caused cognitive dissonance for me and I sat dumbfounded in my chair for about 3 minutes, completely inert.
    He might know electronics but he certainly isn't a salesman
  • Options
    Any comment on this from those there?
  • Options
    That statement about the average season ticket holder "costing £1000" is so stupid that it actually caused cognitive dissonance for me and I sat dumbfounded in my chair for about 3 minutes, completely inert.
    When you say 3 minutes, do you mean 41 minutes minus 90 plus that 1,000 x 1 billion plus 4 cats and a toffee apple? If so, I agree with your sums.

Defo feel your pain re cognitive dissonance - probably .
  • Options
    Utter bilge . Total waste of time . Just as expected . What is clear is we are going to be still under RD’s ownership when the season starts , with an extremely threadbare squad . It’s really depressing.
    Err. I think that was being said last year at this time. 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Rob said:
    Utter bilge . Total waste of time . Just as expected . What is clear is we are going to be still under RD’s ownership when the season starts , with an extremely threadbare squad . It’s really depressing.
    Err. I think that was being said last year at this time. 
    And it was true.

We couldn't fill the bench first game.

Eventually we got more players but two things have changed since then.

The transfer window closes three weeks earlier so we have less time.

We got promoted so we're no longer a big fish in a small pond meaning our budget is now the lowest in the division.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    OK.
    I accept that you think that Ravi does not despise the supporters based on you having more knowledge than me.

Ravi is 100% ok.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Any comment on this from those there?
    Anything ?
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    OK.
    I accept that you think that Ravi does not despise the supporters based on you having more knowledge than me.

Ravi is 100% ok.
    Agreed, I have had dealings with him and is an extremely helpful guy.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Can I just ask a few serious question. 

As I understand the "reps" are representatives from diffrent "fan groups" who willingly voluntary their time and effort to attend these meetings.  If that's not correct can someone correct me?

How many members does each rep represent?

Are you trusted to represent your members best interests or do you ask questions on their behalf? Or a bit of both? 

I ask these question both out of curiosity but also to those that say the meetings are a waste of time, they should be boycotted etc, do you have a rep and have you told them you don't wish them to attend? 

Anyone care to answer? 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

As I understand the "reps" are representatives from diffrent "fan groups" who willingly voluntary their time and effort to attend these meetings.  If that's not correct can someone correct me?

Are you trusted to represent your members best interests or do you ask questions on their behalf? Or a bit of both? 

I ask these question both out of curiosity but also to those that say the meetings are a waste of time, they should be boycotted etc, do you have a rep and have you told them you don't wish them to attend? 

Anyone care to answer? 
    None of them "represent" me or anyone I know.

Which is part of the problem.

Those who go as reps, probably in good faith, don't seem to represent anything but their own opinions.

It's a flawed way to feed fans concerns into the club. And the club love it because they aren't listening.
  • Options
    Pico said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Anyone care to answer? 

CAST (Charlton Athletic Supporters Trust) attends the FF. We represent 1100 members. 

We survey members on a number of different matters twice a year to ensure that we are in touch with their thinking.  (Non members also respond to our survey and there is usually very little difference in their response)

Our last survey revealed that 93% of respondents thought it was important that we continued to engage with the club by attending the FF. 

An excellent model.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    OK.

Ravi is 100% ok.
    Ravi was 100% ok till this scum link , that’s disgusting 
    But oohaah, you've got a scum link,
    You watch Charlton at the den from a Millwall hospitality box !
    I'm 100% certain of this ?
    According to your post.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    OK.

Ravi is 100% ok.
    Ravi was 100% ok till this scum link , that’s disgusting 
    I can remember seeing him at a random away game when we were in the Premier League wearing a Charlton scarf. If he's a spanner then he must be a sleeper agent who's been in deep cover for 2 decades, waiting to be activated.

I will now undoubtedly have a nightmare tonight in which Ravi peels of his mask to reveal that he's actually Terry Hurlock.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pico said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Anyone care to answer? 

CAST (Charlton Athletic Supporters Trust) attends the FF. We represent 1100 members. 

We survey members on a number of different matters twice a year to ensure that we are in touch with their thinking.  (Non members also respond to our survey and there is usually very little difference in their response)

Our last survey revealed that 93% of respondents thought it was important that we continued to engage with the club by attending the FF. 

What have you achieved?
  • Options
    Pico said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Anyone care to answer? 

I

So your membership is about 10% of the season tickets the club claim to have sold and less than 3% of the people at Wembley?

How many people replied to your survey?

I am not "digging out" anyone for anything, I am just questioning the data gathering. 

Isn't it an echo chamber?  As an example Charlton life is a good cross section of fans, but it isn't representative of the whole fan base.  It's representative of the most engaged fans, not the more passive ones.

If you can be arsed to log on to a forum, read comments and then post yourself, you obviously have an opinion.  How many people don't do the first, do the first and not the second, the second not the third etc
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    In order to represent anybody it is difficult to do so if all you rely on is second guessing and gut instinct.
    The Trust is by far the most organised and representative formal organisation of Charlton fans. What else compares? They may not represent fans appropriately but the only way to know that is to try to find out, which is what they try to do.
    It may be seen to be a flawed organisation and the option is for anybody else who feels like it to do better. That doesn't happen.
    The trust is the best we've got, and speaking personally I believe those volunteers who create the structure of the Trust and keep it up and running do a bloody good job.
    I totally agree but do the 3% speak for everyone? 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Cafc43v3r said:
    seth plum said:
    In order to represent anybody it is difficult to do so if all you rely on is second guessing and gut instinct.
    The Trust is by far the most organised and representative formal organisation of Charlton fans. What else compares? They may not represent fans appropriately but the only way to know that is to try to find out, which is what they try to do.
    It may be seen to be a flawed organisation and the option is for anybody else who feels like it to do better. That doesn't happen.
    The trust is the best we've got, and speaking personally I believe those volunteers who create the structure of the Trust and keep it up and running do a bloody good job.
    I'd give it up, certainly if Dushitelet had not had a meeting after all this time.

**Edit**
    Hopefully the Trust will be have a more successful relationship with the new board once we get taken over.

The last 5 years plus would appear to have been not very successful.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    seth plum said:
    I suppose a sample political poll which doesn't speak for everyone, give you some idea rather than no idea, and yes they can be wrong. The trust is a sample of Charlton fans, too large to assume it is entirely made up of known active Charlton fans, and large enough to get some idea about where Charlton fans are at.
    A lone individual giving an opinion has less credibility or claim to be speaking for everyone.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Between 2-4 of the FF attendees are regulars on here and post to threads like this, despite representing other groups, given the number that visit these pages that’s a fairly big chunk of listening.

I think the criteria for attendance of the FF is to have a recognisable group that meets regularly. I don’t know the exact numbers or rules of each group, nor do I think it matters that much myself.

The FF often discusses how it can better represent fans and the last meeting was no exception with some ideas around better communication on the website, during season ticket purchasing, and programme, as well as ways of getting younger fans views (most of the FF are veterans, except the odd spring chicken like me..) ;);) and even getting more fans like Wayne involved.

The Trust follows rules and constitution in terms of voting etc some of which is required to be nationally recognised so it’s a bit different from the other groups. Surveys were conceived during the early days as a way of getting fans actual views and giving weight to the Trusts positions as well as a genuine desire to give fans a voice. They also helped spread the word as many people didn’t know what we were all about, and this was a way of reaching out to them.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Pico said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Anyone care to answer? 

I

So your membership is about 10% of the season tickets the club claim to have sold and less than 3% of the people at Wembley?

How many people replied to your survey?

I am not "digging out" anyone for anything, I am just questioning the data gathering. 

Isn't it an echo chamber?  As an example Charlton life is a good cross section of fans, but it isn't representative of the whole fan base.  It's representative of the most engaged fans, not the more passive ones.

If you can be arsed to log on to a forum, read comments and then post yourself, you obviously have an opinion.  How many people don't do the first, do the first and not the second, the second not the third etc
    You might equally ask why the people who only turned up at Wembley should have any say at all. Or whether the people who are "only interested in the football", whatever that means, even want a say.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Pico said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Anyone care to answer? 

What have you achieved?
    In a recent CAST survey 36% of respondents thought the surveys had achieved a lot, 32% thought they had achieved nothing and 62% were looking for their Wurthers Originals. 23% thought a further survey was needed and 61% said they just loved completing surveys generally, but of those 82%  couldnt understand why they were constantly bomabarded with online marketing from all over the place.

11% fell asleep before they could .....źzzzzzz.......