Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New kit and sponsor (P108, 2021 new 3rd kit)

Comments

• Options
    Coventry win kit of the season for me, looks an absolute quality piece of work seeing it on the TV. 

Hummel as well. 
  • Options
    Dunno... Cambridge away kit (also by Hummel) surely challenges?

• Options

It's nice but honestly a no for me, the cov kit is a rehash of possibly the greatest kit ever. 
    Denmark 86 (also covs kit in 87 FA Cup)

I know we are generally bold red but you don't know how much as a kid I wanted the Charlton badge on that Denmark kit.

I'd have loved to have had the red version of the cov kit as a one off this season and genuinely thought it a possibility when I see the cov kit come out before ours. 
  • Options

It's nice but honestly a no for me, the cov kit is a rehash of possibly the greatest kit ever. 
    Denmark 86 (also covs kit in 87 FA Cup)

I know we are generally bold red but you don't know how much as a kid I wanted the Charlton badge on that Denmark kit.

I'd have loved to have had the red version of the cov kit as a one off this season and genuinely thought it a possibility when I see the cov kit come out before ours. 
    Yeah thats true... Didnt ever think of the Coventry kit as that historic Denmark one - Just love that Cambridge design, completely unique whilst referencing a historic kit of theirs
  • Options
    anyone know if our new away kit is on sale tomorrow (kids sizes)
  • Options
    anyone know if our new away kit is on sale tomorrow (kids sizes)
    It went on sale last Friday and was in the 'superstore' on Saturday 
  • Options
    I want our away kit, but like others... Rules is rules. I shan't buy it til it won't create a profit.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I want our away kit, but like others... Rules is rules. I shan't buy it til it won't create a profit.
    I thought the club shop was outsourced 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Dazzler21 said:
    Til it won’t create a profit for ... who? Roland? He does not get the money from the sale, Hummel does. Sometimes clubs get 10% of a shirt sale but shirt makers sign deals with clubs so that the maker gets shirt sale money. If clubs get any, it is usually a very small amount. 
  • Options
    Fine I'll buy it. You've twisted me arm.
  • Options

I thought I had a pretty good handle on what makes a nice kit, but I’ve seen a few of you saying that this is a nice shirt. To me, it’s hideous, save only for its retro 90s qualities. So I guess I just have to accept I don’t have good taste in kits. 

To me, Denmark, Ajax and Atlético Madrid all tend to have the best kits. I especially like collars too!
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

I thought I had a pretty good handle on what makes a nice kit, but I’ve seen a few of you saying that this is a nice shirt. To me, it’s hideous, save only for its retro 90s qualities. So I guess I just have to accept I don’t have good taste in kits. 

To me, Denmark, Ajax and Atlético Madrid all tend to have the best kits. I especially like collars too!
    Agreed. It's terrible.
  • Options
    All the kits look better in person IMO. 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Noticed that our white away shirt from last season is currently on the JD Sports website for a bargain £10 (medium only by the looks of things)

https://m.jdsports.co.uk/product/white-hummel-charlton-athletic-fc-201819-away-shirt/1268029/
  • Options
    Mrs bought me the away shirt. Theoretically I didn't profit Roland so I'm happy with the shirt and love it. 
  • Options
    Noticed that our white away shirt from last season is currently on the JD Sports website for a bargain £10 (medium only by the looks of things)
    I'll get on that now, cheers.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    ChiAddick said:
    All the kits look better in person IMO. 
    If being worn by an athlete. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Til it won’t create a profit for ... who? Roland? He does not get the money from the sale, Hummel does. Sometimes clubs get 10% of a shirt sale but shirt makers sign deals with clubs so that the maker gets shirt sale money. If clubs get any, it is usually a very small amount. 
    I’m not sure this is accurate. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Ordered through top cashback... Small % of cash back my way something like 50p, but it all adds up. Really recommend it. 

• Options
    Lol just realised it's only 1% cashback on JD Sports Sale Items!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Ordered through top cashback... Small % of cash back my way something like 50p, but it all adds up. Really recommend it. 

Thanks Roland.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Lol just realised it's only 1% cashback on JD Sports Sale Items!
    Top cashback is great, I've made about 600 quid back in a year on there. Ebay you name it order through there and you get something back for your purchase
  • Options
    I didn't really like it at the time but for some reason on Saturday I really took a liking to the Nike, University of Greenwich, white collar kit - maybe it's because I can't really warm to this years one. Maybe I prefer a collar on a football kit. Maybe I am over thinking this.
  • Options
    Just saw someone wearing the new home shirt in Tesco near my work. Definitely looks a lot better in person.
  • Options
    I didn't really like it at the time but for some reason on Saturday I really took a liking to the Nike, University of Greenwich, white collar kit - maybe it's because I can't really warm to this years one. Maybe I prefer a collar on a football kit. Maybe I am over thinking this.
    Easily the best of the Nike shirts. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Easily the best of the Nike shirts. 
    The only good one imo.