Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RD speaks

Comments

• Options
    It needs to ramp up and affect his home life daily his families home life daily and to a greater degree his business life in Belgium daily   
    Great what’s your plans? 
  • Options
    If we had followed his wisdom (Chris Wilder) we would be in the Premier league now ("It is the fan's fault").

If we had followed others wisdom (Ebbsfleet Owners) we would be bankrupt now ("I am the saviour").
  • Options
    "Duchatelet subsequently named the asking price as £72m".

If that's his price then we're stuck with RD until he dies.
  • Options
    All sales in the real World are negotiations,so  IF the Rats statement that the price is agreed and IF his statement that 3/4 ex directors have agreed the price to sell the loans then the Rat could pay the other director loans himself (reported as £2.5 million-ish) a fraction of what the few owners would be paying him.

Thats if anything in his statement is actually true---- his Ego lets him negotiate----he visits planet Earth anytime soon.

Said after Wembley those moments / games only come along every decade or so with CAFC and boy do we have to put up with some shit in between those years
  • Options
    “By that she meant to Ebbsfleet’s Stonebridge Road, a non-league stadium which could not even accommodate Charlton’s League One season-ticket holders.”

Roland, hold my beer.
  • Options
    It needs to ramp up and affect his home life daily his families home life daily and to a greater degree his business life in Belgium daily   
    Important we keep it above board though. hasslimg his family and stuff isn't right even though hes a low life. 
    Don't see why they shouldn't be inconvenienced if possible. He's done far worse to us for far longer.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    The saddest part of all this is if night follows day in the wacky world of Roland 
    then the opportunity to ride the momentum will be lost and the outcome will be a return to the bleak days of the early 70's under the apathetic Michael Gliksten with no fan base because they had deserted in their droves as the good late 60's team was sold and not invested in.

Bizarrely in Duchatelet's statement he mentioned the Premier being the goal !
    That's a first, At the strange open day over 4 years ago now, I said to Meire, will we have a Premier team to go with the newly laid  pitch and her eyes glazed over.  

His goal has always been to turn us into Cafc, better known as Crewe Alexandra where Dario Gradi got a bonus as Ashton, Murphy etc were sold from the successful academy teams. So no surprise that Bowyer's draft contract had the playing of academy lads included as a financial incentive.The devil's always in the detail with Duchatelet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The statement refers to talking to LB next week but the rumours are that LB met RD's people this week.  Is it possible that the statement was prepared last week and held back for some reason ?
  • Options
    I agree with his business life but surely it cannot be right involving his family.

Don’t worry about it - they probably hate him as well.
    Lol.
  • Options
    One bit of knowledge to be gleaned from the nonsense of the statement is that he notices and is aware of the range of protest activities.

Good for Roland that he validates such activities.

The high we feel now is diminishing, and come August when we kick off without Bow and Co, and most of the current squad have gone with those left either disinterested or too young to see the bigger picture, and we suffer a few 0-4 home defeats, and 0-6 away defeats then protests will resume.
    Playing in the higher division with more media and live matches and high profile opposition will be the ideal scenario to re-start protests, maybe leading to a few matches abandoned, club fines and playing behind closed doors.
    Oh, and Belgium visits too.
  • Options

Am I missing something ? Apart from the fact I don't think RD wrote this it seems a reasonable statement to me

Then read between the lines.
  • Options
    Oh, and calculate the director loans at 3% since the day they were made when negotiating, Roland can't argue with his own method.
  • Options
    I agree we should stay away from anyone that Peter Varney introduces
    Curious to hear more on that. It seems most here really like PV.
    @I-SAW-POUSO-PLAY can answer for himself but I suspect the point he is making is that Varney allegedly introduced the Spivs to Charlton and the good Doctor to Ebbsfleet both of which ended or are ending badly.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    LenGlover said:
    @I-SAW-POUSO-PLAY can answer for himself but I suspect the point he is making is that Varney allegedly introduced the Spivs to Charlton and the good Doctor to Ebbsfleet both of which ended or are ending badly.
    If it was Varney who introduced Jimenez, Slater and the "third man" Cash then surely that was successful on the field when we ended with 100+ points when Powell and Dyer were allowed to bring in their own players in part with the selling of Jenkinson. 
    Only when the aptly named Cash, started to have cash flow problems because of getting involved with nefarious eastern European folk was the plug pulled on Cafc ambitions as we reached the Championship.

As for the owner at Ebbsfleet, his ambition was to build a Disneyland around that area so he appeared to be well healed.
    Plus I thought Peter said it wasn't him ?
    I assumed it might be an associate of the Ebbsfleet owner.

Varney was CEO when we reached 4th in  the premier, numerous staff from that time have told me he was a great boss. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bubble said:
    As with all of the comments he makes on us it’s form of deflection.

So the takeover is held up by the previous directors, not him *

We are using a small budget because other clubs are operating with non-sustainable model * not his fault

Ebbsfleet are in some trouble due to the owner who was recommended by people who CARD respect/involved with - ** I know best

Bowyer needs to agree to the extension of his contract before we can discuss increasing his terms ** not him.

All Charlton really represent to him at the moment is a source of personal embarrassment (Thanks largely to CARD) and everything he says is designed to either deflect blame on to others or highlight largely incorrectly that he was right all along

i can’t wait till he is gone
    Totally agree. On the surface, the statement is (almost) cleverly written to sound reasonable. BUT we know better (as Bubble has said).

Plus his asking price is far more than the club is worth or anyone else will pay. Until he accepts that there is an impasse. One of the main issues is he is a stubbon old b****r who thinks he knows best.
  • Options
    Blucher said:
    A great piece by Airman.

The purpose of Roland's statement is, as ever, to deflect blame and to suggest that nothing is his fault - whether it be the delay in Lee Bowyer signing a new contract, our minuscule Championship budget or prospective purchasers refusing to cover his largely  self-inflicted losses with an exorbitant purchase price. The reference to the former directors' loans is surely another smokescreen in circumstances where the sums in issue are, relatively speaking, peanuts in the context of Premier League Sky money.

Roland's pronouncements are, as ever, inconsistent and contradictory. For example, whilst he says that "there have been some brilliant players to come through our academy this season and we will continue to bring players through next year", he has lamentably failed to contractually tie down players like Grant and Aribo, whilst Anfernee Dijksteel will doubtless be the next Academy player to leave for a knock down price in January or for nothing next summer.

On the subject of small budgets, how much does he think it will cost to replace the BFG, not to mention Aribo, or to find another striker of Lyle Taylor's calibre ?

One of Duchatelet's major problems is that he only ever seems to be capable of  focusing on the expenses of running a football club. He seems incapable of considering, targeting and promoting an increase in turnover.

Finally, I can only interpret his statement that the "owner and fans are stuck together" as some kind of wind up, Perhaps Duchatelet gets off on this and that is enough for him 
    I agree with Blucher as always.
    I was initially thinking that for RD (compared to previous ridiculous rants) it was a reasonable statement.
    But having giving more thought  & having re-read it numerous times, I feel that nothing has changed and we are no nearer a take over.

If RD can run us losing only say £2M this year, he will recover much of this by the interest he is charging on the debt.
    He will have increased revenue of more than £5M this season due to more TV & gate money.
    So if he can keep the costs the same this may be possible.

Then he will continue to wait in the hope that there will be someone somewhere that will eventually pay a price close to what he wants.

If Bowyer, Jacko and Gallen stay I think they may be able to sign enough frees and out of contract players to keep us up.
    But it looks like we may well be in a relegation fight with another 5 or 6 clubs.

If Bowyer leaves then I think RD will feel a massive backlash as big or maybe greater than he has already experienced.
    So RD give Bowyer a decent contract or you may well regret it.

sums up exactly what i think.

• Options
    So,

All of you saying it was a "reasonable" statement yesterday?

Seen it for the pack of lies and spin it is yet?
    Yes, I was wrong.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    kentred2 said:
    Lol and his comms team are supporting him with orchestrated support on Twitter. 

So two  things clear:

1 He wants to make his profit through the land value and,
    2 attendances matter (eg the incentive rumoured in Bowyer’s contract offer) and therefore boycotting does hurt him. 

Well it may well do, but if his income reduces he will reduce the expenses by having a weaker squad.
    So neither he nor the fans win and he can afford to sit it out for life. 
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    If it was Varney who introduced Jimenez, Slater and the "third man" Cash then surely that was successful on the field when we ended with 100+ points when Powell and Dyer were allowed to bring in their own players in part with the selling of Jenkinson. 
    Only when the aptly named Cash, started to have cash flow problems because of getting involved with nefarious eastern European folk was the plug pulled on Cafc ambitions as we reached the Championship.

As for the owner at Ebbsfleet, his ambition was to build a Disneyland around that area so he appeared to be well healed.
    Plus I thought Peter said it wasn't him ?
    I assumed it might be an associate of the Ebbsfleet owner.

Varney was CEO when we reached 4th in  the premier, numerous staff from that time have told me he was a great boss. 
    Who introduced Roland to Charlton?
  • Options
    Blucher said:
    A great piece by Airman.

The purpose of Roland's statement is, as ever, to deflect blame and to suggest that nothing is his fault - whether it be the delay in Lee Bowyer signing a new contract, our minuscule Championship budget or prospective purchasers refusing to cover his largely  self-inflicted losses with an exorbitant purchase price. The reference to the former directors' loans is surely another smokescreen in circumstances where the sums in issue are, relatively speaking, peanuts in the context of Premier League Sky money.

Roland's pronouncements are, as ever, inconsistent and contradictory. For example, whilst he says that "there have been some brilliant players to come through our academy this season and we will continue to bring players through next year", he has lamentably failed to contractually tie down players like Grant and Aribo, whilst Anfernee Dijksteel will doubtless be the next Academy player to leave for a knock down price in January or for nothing next summer.

On the subject of small budgets, how much does he think it will cost to replace the BFG, not to mention Aribo, or to find another striker of Lyle Taylor's calibre ?

One of Duchatelet's major problems is that he only ever seems to be capable of  focusing on the expenses of running a football club. He seems incapable of considering, targeting and promoting an increase in turnover.

Finally, I can only interpret his statement that the "owner and fans are stuck together" as some kind of wind up, Perhaps Duchatelet gets off on this and that is enough for him 
    I agree with Blucher as always.
    I was initially thinking that for RD (compared to previous ridiculous rants) it was a reasonable statement.
    But having giving more thought  & having re-read it numerous times, I feel that nothing has changed and we are no nearer a take over.

If RD can run us losing only say £2M this year, he will recover much of this by the interest he is charging on the debt.
    He will have increased revenue of more than £5M this season due to more TV & gate money.
    So if he can keep the costs the same this may be possible.

Then he will continue to wait in the hope that there will be someone somewhere that will eventually pay a price close to what he wants.

If Bowyer, Jacko and Gallen stay I think they may be able to sign enough frees and out of contract players to keep us up.
    But it looks like we may well be in a relegation fight with another 5 or 6 clubs.

If Bowyer leaves then I think RD will feel a massive backlash as big or maybe greater than he has already experienced.
    So RD give Bowyer a decent contract or you may well regret it.

Correct.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    All sales in the real World are negotiations,so  IF the Rats statement that the price is agreed and IF his statement that 3/4 ex directors have agreed the price to sell the loans then the Rat could pay the other director loans himself (reported as £2.5 million-ish) a fraction of what the few owners would be paying him.

Thats if anything in his statement is actually true---- his Ego lets him negotiate----he visits planet Earth anytime soon.

Said after Wembley those moments / games only come along every decade or so with CAFC and boy do we have to put up with some shit in between those years
    The ex directors haven't agreed a price for their loans.
    David White said he had been contacted recently and he had agreed to discuss his outstanding loan.

RD's weasel words inferred what you are saying and it was deliberately misleading.
    I hold my hands up and admit that he took me in, before David White's clarification. 
  • Options
    The first agenda item on the next fans forum ought to be forensic analysis and deconstruction of this latest owners statement.
  • Options
    I personally think it's the worst statement he's ever done. Which is a strong thing to say!

He's just destroyed all hope.

Making those excuses that it takes ages for other English clubs to get sold.

He could have done this ages ago.

He is rich. It is not like he NEEDS the money.

Sure, he wants to sell the club in a fair way....but rejecting 45million is what C*nts do!!

Completely absurd!

Just sounds like he is far from being finished with us.

It's just my take on it.