Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Soccer Aid 2019

13»

Comments

• Options
    Rest of the World win
  • Options
    5-3 to England overall now
  • Options
    Imagine the World Cup final - it goes to penalties! And up steps Lee Mack for England! It is a dream you would want to wake up from immediately.
  • Options
    Texts aren't the only donation method though.

Tickets, advertising, other donation methods etc.
    I think the total raised was nearly £7million
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Redhenry said:
    Essien still looks decent
    Still playing (in Azerbaijan, I think).

• Options
    Essien is still quality.

Don't think many watching had been to any sort of football match before which made a refreshing change. A group of know f*** all's as opposed to a group of know all's,  as is the usual fair.

"Terry you useless blue c***" from a group of gooners at the end of the aisle didn't go down too well when the equaliser went in.

We had seats up in the gods.
    My mate thought Jamie Redknapp had started. He was the number 6 apparently. Running a bit sluggish we both thought. He's all over the shop. Maybe he took a knock in training? Wouldn't be the first time!

Turns out we were watching some fella from Casualty!!
  • Options
    Essien is still quality.

Don't think many watching had been to any sort of football match before which made a refreshing change. A group of know f*** all's as opposed to a group of know all's,  as is the usual fair.

"Terry you useless blue c***" from a group of gooners at the end of the aisle didn't go down too well when the equaliser went in.

My mate thought Jamie Redknapp had started. He was the number 6 apparently. Running a bit sluggish we both thought. He's all over the shop. Maybe he took a knock in training? Wouldn't be the first time!

Number 6 was a relative of mine haha. He's a bit bigger than casualty... but also his volley was a casualty. He was aiming to be a footballer and was given opportunities as a kid until he got in to acting when breaking a part of his body... But baring in mind he was called in to play late on due to other injured players and was one of the only players who barely trained with the squad.

Saw some comments about him on Twitter, and realized so many people took this charity game too seriously haha.
  • Options
    Essien is still quality.

Number 6 was a relative of mine haha. He's a bit bigger than casualty... but also his volley was a casualty. He was aiming to be a footballer and was given opportunities as a kid until he got in to acting when breaking a part of his body... But baring in mind he was called in to play late on due to other injured players and was one of the only players who barely trained with the squad.

Saw some comments about him on Twitter, and realized so many people took this charity game too seriously haha.
      Christ. Only I can put my foot in it on a blooming football forum!

Apologies @cafc-4-life.

To be fair your relative, we genuinely thought he was Jamie Redknapp for a fair while.
    I'm not sure if that's a compliment or not?
  • Options
    Essien is still quality.

Christ. Only I can put my foot in it on a blooming football forum!

Apologies @cafc-4-life.

To be fair your relative, we genuinely thought he was Jamie Redknapp for a fair while.
    I'm not sure if that's a compliment or not?
    I wasn't moaning mate. I also said his volley was a casualty... I don't care haha

Was just saying about the training thing, but I'm saying people were more serious on Twitter. Not mentioning you. But that's not just about Sam but about a lot of the players, I found it more a bit of fun. Would have preferred Piers Morgan to be done over thou!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Went with my daughter last night as fathers day gift. If you take it for what it is, it was a very enjoyable evening. Highlight of the evening was whilst changing at Green Park for the Jubilee line went past the busker as he was playing Just Cant Get Enough. Cue daughter and I belting out Lyle Taylor. As we were getting on the tube group of kids carrying on our good work :smile: