Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2019/20 Champions League

Comments

• Group C
    Manchester City
    Shakhtar Donetsk
    Dinamo Zagreb
  • Group B
    Bayern Munich
    Tottenham
    Olympiakos
  • Group A
    PSG
    Real Madrid
    Club Brugge
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    Woo hoo, well happy with Bryan Munchen.  Will be booking that trip ASAP, one of the big ones I havent done.

My mate just said the same, hope it doesn't full on the week off 16th September as we are due to go away then.

Tough draw still, Inter, Barca, Dortmund what a group

• Group G
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Benfica
    Lyon
  • Group C
    Manchester City
    Shakhtar Donetsk
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Atalanta
  • Group G
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Benfica
    Lyon
    RB Leipzig
  • Leipzig probably favourites despite being in pot 4. Wow.
  • Group D
    Juventus
    Atletico Madrid
    Bayer Leverkusen
    Lokomotiv Moscow
  • edited August 2019
    Nice easy group for Man City
  • Sponsored links:

• Group F
    Barcelona
    Dortmund
    Inter
    Slavia Prague
  • Group H
    Chelsea
    Ajax
    Valencia
    Lille
  • Group E
    Liverpool
    Napoli
    RB Salzburg
    Genk
  • Group B
    Bayern Munich
    Tottenham
    Olympiakos
    Red Star Belgrade
  • Group A
    PSG
    Real Madrid
    Club Brugge
    Galatasaray
  • Group C
    Manchester City
    Shakhtar Donetsk
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Atalanta
    Dunno when the fixtures are being played but they may need to pack the thermals for trips to  Zagreb and Shakhtar
  • edited August 2019
    -Group A
    PSG
    Real Madrid
    Club Brugge
    Galatasaray

-Group B
    Bayern Munich
    Tottenham
    Olympiakos
    Red Star Belgrade

-Group C
    Manchester City
    Shakhtar Donetsk
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Atalanta

-Group D
    Juventus
    Atletico Madrid
    Bayer Leverkusen
    Lokomotiv Moscow

-Group E
    Liverpool
    Napoli
    RB Salzburg
    Genk

-Group F
    Barcelona
    Dortmund
    Inter
    Slavia Prague

-Group G
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Benfica
    Lyon
    RB Leipzig

-Group H
    Chelsea
    Ajax
    Valencia
    Lille
  • Top 2 in each group(not in order)

Group A
    PSG
    Real Madrid

Group B
    Bayern Munich
    Tottenham

Group C
    Manchester City
    Shakhtar Donetsk

Group D
    Juventus
    Atletico Madrid

Group E
    Liverpool
    Napoli

Group F
    Barcelona
    Dortmund

Group G
    Lyon
    RB Leipzig

Group H
    Chelsea
    Valencia
  • Just seen Cantona's speech, words fail me. Made no sense what so ever, just random words put together lol
    One of the world's true maniacs. His speech in full, for anyone wondering:

"As flies to wanton boys we are for the gods, they kill us for their sport.

"Soon the science will not only be able to slow down the ageing of the cells, soon the science will fix the cells to the state and so we will become eternal.

"Only accidents, crimes, wars, will still kill us but unfortunately, crimes, wars, will multiply.

"I love football. Thank you."

• Incredible to think despite the above, Cantona has still spoken more sense than Warnock today... .
  • Sponsored links:

• Incredible to think despite the above, Cantona has still spoken more sense than Warnock today... .
    People keep updating the Red Star Belgrade Wikipedia entry with things like:

"Fudbalski klub Crvena zvezda (Serbian Cyrillic: Фудбалски клуб Црвена звезда, IPA: ... Beograd) or simply Red Star plumbing and heating engineers, is a Serbian part-time football club with plumbers playing for them based in Belgrade..."

• Some good groups in there.

Group A - PSG and Real will walk it.
    Group B - Bayern and Spurs should qualify, but 2 very hostile away trips for Spurs with Olympiakos and Red Star. Also not forgetting that Red star beat Liverpool last season.
    Group C - Man City should walk it. Shakhtar i think will get 2nd but Atalanta are a very strong 4th seed.
    Group D - Juve and Atletico. Leverkusen will be tough though and Moscow aren't pushovers.
    Group E - Liverpool and Napoli.
    Group F - Barca and Dortmund. Inter will run Dortmund close though. Poor old Slavia will do well to get 1 point.
    Group G - can't call this. All 4 sides are in with a good shout of winning the group and we could even get the 4th seed winning it and the top seed coming bottom.
    Group H - Another tight group. Chelsea and Ajax will be favoured but Valencia are no mugs and Lille are building a good young side. Same as in group G, i wouldn't be surprised to see any 2 of theses sides qualify.
  • -Group A
    PSG
    Real Madrid
    Club Brugge
    Galatasaray

-Group B
    Bayern Munich
    Tottenham
    Olympiakos
    Red Star Belgrade

-Group C
    Manchester City
    Shakhtar Donetsk
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Atalanta

-Group D
    Juventus
    Atletico Madrid
    Bayer Leverkusen
    Lokomotiv Moscow

-Group E
    Liverpool
    Napoli
    RB Salzburg
    Genk

-Group F
    Barcelona
    Dortmund
    Inter
    Slavia Prague

-Group G
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Benfica
    Lyon
    RB Leipzig

-Group H
    Chelsea
    Ajax
    Valencia
    Lille

Highlighted my selections, I think all the English teams should have no trouble. Spurs will be 2nd, I really feel they have dipped a lot so far but its early doors if they can get back to the normal soon they will win the group.

Group of death: Group F, it could be any of the 3 really but I have gone for Inter as they have recruited well. Dortmund will be no pushovers and they will all knick points of each other.. poor old Slavia!

Was tempted to put Ajax not to go through, they have lost a few players and didn't really walk in via qualifying, so it wouldn't be a great shock if one of the others finish in 2nd.

City always seem to get an easy group, on paper there are a couple they could drop points but they should have no trouble and wont lose. Liverpools could be tricky but in Europe they seem to thrive these days so will come out fine

• Its weird these random draws yet City have Shaktar for the 3rd year in a row and Liverpool get Napoli for the 2nd year in a row.

• Champions League finals set to be staged in St Petersburg in 2021, Munich 2022 and Wembley 2023. 

• Nice to see that UEFA have done something good for a change.

"Uefa has agreed a compromise with Europe's top clubs to cap ticket prices for away fans in the Champions League and Europa League this season.

European football's governing body says away tickets will cost a maximum of 70 euros (£63.50) in the Champions League and 45 euros (£41) in the Europa League.

The new pricing starts from September's opening group-stage fixtures."

• First group games are tonight.

Some big games in the opening week;
    Dortmund v Barcelona  &  Napoli v Liverpool tonight
    Atleti v Juventus  &  PSG v Real Madrid tomorrow
  • Lots of under 2.5goals and draws tonight I think.

Nobody wants to lose their first game in the champs league, can see a lot of defensive setups.