Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General Things that Amuse You

Comments

• Options
    Being called Karen.
    Like it’s supposed to be an insult.
    It’s the name of one of my nieces who I absolutely love.
    How on earth can I be insulted by that? 🤷‍♀️🤔🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    think my wife has got a niece called Moody Cow
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Being called Karen.
    think my wife has got a niece called Moody Cow
    Think we’ve all got one of those……….but we still love them 🫣🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    Rainbow unzipped.  

My worst suspicions confirmed.  'Zippy mounted upon George, going at it hammer and tong'.

This reminds me of the time when one of my kids was at a school (we live in SW19) and they had a temporary teacher for the year who’d come from South Africa, so not necessarily au fait with local football allegiances or regional sensitivities. She thought it would be nice to teach the young school kids a great little song to impress their parents. It went something along the lines of ‘when the red, red, robin, goes bob, bob, bobbin along…’. Anyway, the link to the original post is one of the characters in Rainbow was played by a parent who knew I was a Charlton fan and he had to endure through gritted teeth his kids singing the song and me grinning at him as they did. 
  • Options
    A lady contacted me via a Charlton fan, her daughters dog fear was so intense she’d been known to run into the road to get away from an approaching dog irrespective of the dog’s behaviour. 
    We met her over a period of a year a during that time she would send updates via messages to me, sorting through photos today I found a selection and I narrowed it down to three to tell the story with the final message a tweet from her Dad amused me. 😂
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Being called Karen.
     how is that a thing now. Why is Karen a derogatory term now? 
  • Options
    Being called Karen.
     how is that a thing now. Why is Karen a derogatory term now? 
    Think it started in the US.
    It’s a label given to any white woman over the age of 20 who opens her mouth about something.
    🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    Little break away finishes today, I'm very much, tickets on phone passport and wallet let's go, wife however has a fleet of funny little men carrying packages with a couple of elephants carrying the big stuff, Russian military have an enormous cargo plane ready to get us home, next February we go for the month I dread to think of the entourage.
  • Options
    The Summer Transfer Rumors thread, fantastic entertainment 
  • Options
    Finding a dinosaur on the Isle of Wight. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just starting reading Shane Warne's autobiography, so stuck it on Goodreads.

Enjoyed the first review describing him as a 'perineal troublemaker'.

Not wrong.

• Options
    Ruben Neves saying he wanted to leave Wolves because "he was ambitious" when he thought Barcelona were after him, now signing for Al Hilal.    
  • Options
    Popped into school today with Bowyer, as he was being fussed by some of children assigned individual TA's, a contractor decided despite all the signs to run through the corridor immediately applying the brakes as he saw Bow.
    Bow stood up almost certainly watching over the children as the now ashen faced contractor was read the riot act by the staff for running, apparently "the last place he expected to see a German Shepherd being fussed was in a school" and was told you haven't been to St Georges before  :)
  • Options
    So many people drinking gin.
    For about 40 years it was a "mature" ladies drink, more often than not and very uncool.
    Now many think they're as cool as £$%& drinking gin.
    I was out Saturday and it was roughly 50/50 on people ordering pints or G&T and nothing else.
    Sheep.
  • Options
    So many people drinking gin.
    For about 40 years it was a "mature" ladies drink, more often than not and very uncool.
    Now many think they're as cool as £$%& drinking gin.
    I was out Saturday and it was roughly 50/50 on people ordering pints or G&T and nothing else.
    Sheep.
    The pint drinkers or the gin drinkers?
  • Options
    Sitting with a beer in the back garden earlier, enjoying the breeze. Mrs Idle had hung some washing on the line, and a particularly strong gust of wind caused the laundry to do a full on mexican wave. Wish I'd filmed it.             
  • Options
    Just popped into school with Bowyer, his first venture out since an operation on his head to remove two lumps which will be tested for anything nasty.
    Obviously the area has been shaved.........The amount of "You look after him in this sun" comments from people on route and staff. 
    In the 10+ years never once has someone said that to me!! ;)
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    T_C_E said:
    Just popped into school with Bowyer, his first venture out since an operation on his head to remove two lumps which will be tested for anything nasty.
    Obviously the area has been shaved.........The amount of "You look after him in this sun" comments from people on route and staff. 
    In the 10+ years never once has someone said that to me!! ;)
    They were talking to the dog
    Thats good, very good. ;)

• Options
    Mate went to see a band at the Railway in Crawley last night. Only problem was they were playing at the Railway in Billingshurst...  :D  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Today's Mirror compared the gigantic, temporary 8500 patron Party stand at Old Trafford to the Brian Moore end at Gillingham - which is apparently - akin to a flat packed shed from IKEA.   

The Party stand is Europe's largest temporary seating area and gets laden with 600 tons of flesh and bone upon its matrix of scaffolding.  It'll cost you £77 to sit in row 71 - bring your own binoculars!

• Options
    I note that Joby Pool (32) was jailed yesterday for stealing 200,000 Creme Eggs.  

I mean, what is the rationale?  How do you dispose of 200,000 chocolate eggs?  Perhaps he was thinking Brinks Mat and had a plan to melt them down and turn them into bars.
    I can't think of an eggsplanation
  • Options
    I note that Joby Pool (32) was jailed yesterday for stealing 200,000 Creme Eggs.  

I mean, what is the rationale?  How do you dispose of 200,000 chocolate eggs?  Perhaps he was thinking Brinks Mat and had a plan to melt them down and turn them into bars.
    You sell them?
  • Options

wasn't there recently a competition that if you got a white one you won £5k or something? maybe it was during that promotion?
  • Options

Someone got there first...

• Options
    That there is a team in the Swiss league called Ouchy. Well Stade-Lausanne Ouchy to give them their full title, but it still made me smile.  
  • Options
    This Chinese Sun Bear.  Good for business real or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cu4mnPb4g4 

• Options
    edited August 2023
    Talking at The Valley to a couple of ex staff yesterday about when they were employed by the club and RM re wrote a section of the employees handbook on dress code.
    The section on female match day dress code was along the lines of skirts no shorter than 2" above the knee , no jeans torn or otherwise, no scoop or vest tops.
    The quote from a former member of staff (female) "Her ladyship rocks up in either spray on jeans or a skirt up her a5re and her t*ts out" :)