Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Expectations for next season

Comments

• Options
    Ferryman said:
    Karel Fraeye will watch us on Roland's live feed and say we were good.
    Karel Fraeye will probably watch us from the laundry basket come the second half of the season.
  • Options
    Promotion 
  • Options
    I believe we will be top half by mid-January, prompting new owner to finance two big signings.
  • Options
    I have no expectations for next season.
    We will be lucky to escape relegation.
    Whats slightly more worrying on believing the above i have booked Blackburn and Barnsley away and also looking forward to doing about 20 aways next season.
  • Options
    I expect there will still be some cranks that fancy us against Millwall.
    I do :smiley:
  • Options
    We're gonna win the league.
  • Options
    Assuming Duchatelet's still owner, anything above a record low points total for the Championship would be an achievement. It will be interesting to see what Gallen and Bowyer pull out of the bag in the next few weeks transfer wise, but we will be well short of most other sides. Bowyer will need to work miracles in my view. 
  • Options
    I belive the takeover going through is far more important than where we finish in the league, even that means delegation.

The one only thing I want this season for Roland to be gone by the end of it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bowyer to perform a miracles and keep us up with a wafer-thin squad and Roland to release a rumour before both transfer windows close that we are about to be sold (therefore we must have no players as that is what makes a team attractive to potential buyers), with no progress being made on the sale due to unrealistic demands.
  • Options
    My only worry is how lee and the boys will react to more losses than wins - not being negative but it’s completely different league up there, league 1 there have been some tragic teams Scunthorpe being 1 of them there is no one that bad in the championship so it will be a nervous season just hope we stay up and that he sells but who knows, suppose that’s just being a Charlton fan coya
  • Options
    Thanks to that win at Wembley, we can’t be in L1 until 2020-21 so anything better than that is a bonus.
  • Options
    I predict we will be bottom 3 probably bottom. If i am wrong its a bonus that is my whole outlook for the season. Enjoy the games while we can
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Given then lack of spending and the fact I think we will still have Roland all year, I would be satisfied with 21st. 42pts has kept teams up 3 of the last 4 seasons in The Championship. So hopefully a 25% win rate and 0.9 points per match will do the job. If we sell Taylor, I think we literally come in dead last.
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    I belive the takeover going through is far more important than where we finish in the league, even that means delegation.

The one only thing I want this season for Roland to be gone by the end of it.
    See I haven't really rated LdT's ability on that front yet.
  • Options
    My only worry is how lee and the boys will react to more losses than wins - not being negative but it’s completely different league up there, league 1 there have been some tragic teams Scunthorpe being 1 of them there is no one that bad in the championship so it will be a nervous season just hope we stay up and that he sells but who knows, suppose that’s just being a Charlton fan coya
    If you think there are no rubbish teams in a league it probably means you’re the rubbish team!
  • Options
    I want us not to sack bowyer until the take over happens and he is given a proper budget.I will say again best manager since curbs.yes better than Powell love him but bowyer is better need to keep hold of him what ever happens this season.
  • Options
    Right now, I think anything other than relegation will be a massive success. Bowyer has a significantly worse squad than he had three weeks ago.
  • Options
    if we stay up I will be utterly delighted... If we got rid of Roland for someone else who can pay the bills and god forbid put some money in over and above I think I'd fall off my chair...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I hope we stay up, the takeover is completed and I get to watch as many games live as possible.
  • Options
    I expect there will still be some cranks that fancy us against Millwall.

At this rate we'll be playing monkey rush.
  • Options
    I think we'll surprise a few and finish somewhere between 12th-18th
  • Options
    My expectations are as high as Rolands ambition.
  • Options
    Some where between 21st and 24th next season, every game will be a cup final.
  • Options
    Serious answer.

Far too early to say.
  • Options
    Think our season depends on how a good few other teams do this year

The Championship in some ways is a bit like the Premier League where there are a few teams who can just about tread water each year, they cant keep it up forever though (see Ipswich last season)... If we can keep pace with those sides then I think we can survive

It all hinges on Taylor and Bonne, if they can get amongst the goals and into double figures then I think we could be fine... One thing to note about those relegated last season is that none of them had a player who scored more than eight goals

Of course the other issue is staying injury free - I cant imagine us having a repeat of December yet still winning games
  • Options
    Low
  • Options
    My current thinking before we sign anyone apart from Bonne is top ten....will take another look at my prediction just before the season starts. We have a top, top footballing management team.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    If you think there are no rubbish teams in a league it probably means you’re the rubbish team!
    of last seasons crop. 

walsall
    bradford
    scunthorpe
    plymouth
    wimbledon
    southend 

were all dreadful - i cant see 6 championship clubs being that bad.