Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Expectations for next season

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2019
    se9addick said:
    My only worry is how lee and the boys will react to more losses than wins - not being negative but it’s completely different league up there, league 1 there have been some tragic teams Scunthorpe being 1 of them there is no one that bad in the championship so it will be a nervous season just hope we stay up and that he sells but who knows, suppose that’s just being a Charlton fan coya
    If you think there are no rubbish teams in a league it probably means you’re the rubbish team!
    of last seasons crop. 

walsall
    bradford
    scunthorpe
    plymouth
    wimbledon
    southend 

were all dreadful - i cant see 6 championship clubs being that bad. 

Millwall / Queens Park Rangers / Barnsley / Luton / Wigan / Blackburn / Hull / Birmingham / Reading

These are the clubs we want to be challenging

Of course no one in the Championship will be as bad as those you mention but we've got to see these games in a similar fashion to games against those around us in the top six last season

The Valley HAS to be a fortress like it was last season, we'll lose more than what we did last time out but they have to be far and few between as we wont pick up much on the road
  • Options
    Too early to say but it is going to be tough.
  • Options
    If ownership changes this week: hope springs eternal consolidation  and survival in this division can be realistic 
    If the helmet keeps his tentacles attached any longer then even Bowyer, Archangel Gabriel and The heavenly host will struggle to prevent the earliest relegation in division 2 history 
    Things will get lively in SE7 but that won’t be football
  • Options
    Under RD's "leadership" anything above relegation to League One would be a bonus.

Under new owners a top half finish would be decent.
  • Options
    Even if we get taken over, even if we sign a couple of reasonable replacements, survival will be a stellar achievement.
  • Options
    Statistics show that league position matches the amount of the first team squad budget. The bigger the budget the higher in the league you get 90% of the time. So having the smallest budget will almost certainly mean mean the the bottom of the league for us.
  • Options
    One thing you can 100% guarantee, they’ll be some rumour doing the rounds coming up to Christmas , that a takeover is imminent, it’s like a perverse ground hog day tradition, we fall for it every time!
  • Options
    No expectations whatsoever until I know what kind of squad we have assembled in about three weeks time. That’s said, it’s hard to think that we will be doing anything other than fighting off relegation with a ream assembled from the needy, the desperate and the kids. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    My only worry is how lee and the boys will react to more losses than wins - not being negative but it’s completely different league up there, league 1 there have been some tragic teams Scunthorpe being 1 of them there is no one that bad in the championship so it will be a nervous season just hope we stay up and that he sells but who knows, suppose that’s just being a Charlton fan coya
    If you think there are no rubbish teams in a league it probably means you’re the rubbish team!
    of last seasons crop. 

walsall
    bradford
    scunthorpe
    plymouth
    wimbledon
    southend 

were all dreadful - i cant see 6 championship clubs being that bad. 

Right - we are the lowest ranked team in the league (based on last seasons performance) and I would imagine fans of most other teams won’t be expecting us to finish above them - they probably consider us to be the worst team in the division as things stand. Without a takeover I don’t think that perception will change. 
  • Options
    I think we'll surprise a few and finish somewhere between 12th-18th
    That would do for me...and 6 points of Millwall.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Will be delighted with 21st
    This.
  • Options
    Will be ecstatic just to stay up tbh. 
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    Statistics show that league position matches the amount of the first team squad budget. The bigger the budget the higher in the league you get 90% of the time. So having the smallest budget will almost certainly mean mean the the bottom of the league for us.
    Always makes me laugh when managers get criticised in the PL for failing when you look at the mismatch in budgets. Would love to see Pep etc managing in L2 to see how good they are on a budget.

• Options
    The takeover thread will hit 10 million. 
  • Options
    If Bowyer keeps us up it'll be a bigger achievement than last season.
  • Options
    99 points lads. 
  • Options
    Given then lack of spending and the fact I think we will still have Roland all year, I would be satisfied with 21st. 42pts has kept teams up 3 of the last 4 seasons in The Championship. So hopefully a 25% win rate and 0.9 points per match will do the job. If we sell Taylor, I think we literally come in dead last.
    Patience, Napa.

Let's see where we are in a fortnight's time. 

If there are 5 or 6 players signed by then, with others promised plus the loans which will arrive late, as per normal - then I'll feel the jigsaw is being put together.

Hey, there might even be new owners. Get on your knees and pray, like the rest of us. :smile:

• Options
    I think we will lose a couple more of the Wembley heroes before August and will start with a largely new team. That will mean a slow start and a struggle. If Duchatelet's still here I can't see a sale before next Summer. I expect the new caterer's to ul chil portion size to 18.
    Is ul chil within the local authority food safety guidelines, because I’ve a feeling it isn’t?       Up chip! Big fingers, quick mobile response!
  • Options
    I have studied all the teams and the fixtures list in a lot of detail and quite frankly I don’t see us losing a game.
  • Options
    No expectations
    It's gonna be a beggars banquet.  ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    None
  • Options
    With no ownership change, relegated by the end of February.  
  • Options
    We have to see what Bowyer does. At this moment it could go one way or the other. 
  • Options
    First game of the season, JJ has to be registered as a player or we can’t fill the bench. 
  • Options
    That we will struggle

That a player will reject us as it’s more financially beneficial to hold down a job and play non league

That some people across social media will say that Bowyer isn’t up to it conveniently forgetting the budget at his disposal 

That 18-19 hero Lyle Taylor will have a fall out with ‘Charlton fans’ on social media 

That the new catering company will be the same old over priced shite

That Henry Irving will actually start burgling peoples homes for Charlton memorabilia they are withholding from his museum 

That despite the club refusing to sell my friend a season ticket for the seat next to me, it will remain empty for a minimum 90% of games

That the pubs that are left and the local traffic won’t be able to cope with the higher crowds

The pitch will probably look nice though. Happy Monday 
    One of the first predictions to happen.