Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Biggest Donation in the museum's history made today

Comments

• Options
    Have it in the covered end before games if it's got a ticket. 
    Just like the killer flag, fantastic sight - by the way, what happened to that?
  • Options
    Got wet/damp in storage and was ruined.
  • Options
    People keep saying that but not true as far as I know.
  • Options
    Would be fantastic to have something like that next season
  • Options
    Hang it on the outside wall of Roland's house
    Jump Roland, Jump!
  • Options
    Take to Belgium and use an landing pad for Rolys Chopper when he finally does one.

• Options
    Can it be passed over people's heads before a home game like the previous one..??
  • Options

Is that a segregated East stand ? If so, was that the orient cup match ?

edited. Just realised it can’t be, it’s segregated too far too the left 
    Is this a joke? If it is, I'm not getting whooshed for it. 
  • Options
    Can it be passed over people's heads before a home game like the previous one..??
    Possibly.

It's been pointed out that as it is circular it will be more difficult to control.
  • Options
    A print out of the takeover thread in size 6 font?

Blimey it would have to be the size of the dictionary
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Best idea is definitely the centre circle before games
    This.

Cutting it up into pieces I don't agree with nor see how it would work.
    Too awkward to pass overhead before games.

The only time we wouldn't be able to put it in the centre circle would be when Sky are covering us but then if the centre circle is covered when we're on Sky, why not cover it as well then when not on Sky
  • Options
    Lot A:

Starting bid £10.
  • Options
    Parachute the new owner into the Valley before the first game of the post Roland era.  
  • Options
    Centre Circle before games to inspire the boys as to what is possible with hard work, good coaching and a very good young manager.
  • Options
    25May98 said:
    Parachute the new owner into the Valley before the first game of the post Roland era.  
    No. Let the current owner use it as a parachute. One little rip and it would plummet!
  • Options
    Centre circle seems the favoured option.

I'll let @Ollywozere know : - )
  • Options
    Possibly.

It's been pointed out that as it is circular it will be more difficult to control.
    Square it off so there is just the name and the sword?
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Possibly.

Noooooooo
  • Options
    People keep saying that but not true as far as I know.
    Yes.....I have seen it reported on here.
    Funnily enough, I thought it was you who posted the info....obviously not.
    So, the question remains, does anyone know who it was that gave out the original info or if not at least can confirm or deny the story?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redrobo said:
    Possibly.

SACRILEGE!!!
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Possibly.

That is a hanging offence.
  • Options
    I’m in agreement of having it positioned on the centre prior to the game, if it done early enough so that people wanting sex on the Center spot after breaking into the ground will also have cover against the prying eyes of the covert cameras that are installed.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Possibly.

It could be squared off by adding a back-cloth or protective sheaf around it maybe.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    Hang it on the outside wall of Roland's house
    Jump Roland, Jump!
    https://youtu.be/_ZEEgIti8sM
  • Options
    Take it to the northern mid week away games and cover some empty seats in the away end
  • Options

It could be squared off by adding a back-cloth or protective sheaf around it maybe.
    I don't think they make protective sheaths that big.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Addickted said:
    sammy391 said:
    It's too bloody big for our display space so any (polite, practical and anatomically possible) suggestions as to best to use it?
    Cut it up into squares and sell it , to raise money for the museum?

sure there’s ALOT of people who would love to have a piece of their wembley day on display at home! 
    That's not going to happen.
    Is that your decision?
    It’s the decision for the museum trustees isn’t it? Museum trustees generally tend not to like chopping up items from the club’s history unless there’s no choice. QPR sold small pieces of their plastic pitch for example. 
  • Options
    @Henry Irving asked for suggestions as to what to do with it as it was too big to  go anywhere.

Thought an idea of giving people to not only have a souvenir of the day at Wembley, but also to raise necessary funds for the museum as just the sort of suggestion he was looking for.

Have the trustees made a decision then?

• Options
    Addickted said:
    @Henry Irving asked for suggestions as to what to do with it as it was too big to  go anywhere.

Thought an idea of giving people to not only have a souvenir of the day at Wembley, but also to raise necessary funds for the museum as just the sort of suggestion he was looking for.

Have the trustees made a decision then?

Personally, I brought a programme...

Cost the same price, and doesn't mean cutting something special, into something that only has value as a duster...