Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Biggest Donation in the museum's history made today

13»

Comments

• Options
    Addickted said:
    @Henry Irving asked for suggestions as to what to do with it as it was too big to  go anywhere.

Thought an idea of giving people to not only have a souvenir of the day at Wembley, but also to raise necessary funds for the museum as just the sort of suggestion he was looking for.

Have the trustees made a decision then?

Personally, I brought a programme...

Cost the same price, and doesn't mean cutting something special, into something that only has value as a duster...
    What value does it have as it is then?

I assume it was produced by the EFL specifically for the PO final. 

As I said, @Henry Irving was asking for suggestions and someone helped by giving one, which appeared to be dismissed without further consultation. 
  • Options
    It will be a great ceiling decoration at the new museum in Red Bull Peninsula Valley. 
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Addickted said:
    @Henry Irving asked for suggestions as to what to do with it as it was too big to  go anywhere.

Thought an idea of giving people to not only have a souvenir of the day at Wembley, but also to raise necessary funds for the museum as just the sort of suggestion he was looking for.

Cost the same price, and doesn't mean cutting something special, into something that only has value as a duster...

As I said, @Henry Irving was asking for suggestions and someone helped by giving one, which appeared to be dismissed without further consultation. 
    By cutting this  flag up could see people not donating to the museum in the future.
    If i was donating to the museum even if they asked if it was ok to cut the flag up id thibk their taking the p!ss
  • Options
    Certainly don't think it should be cut up. However, if there is not a big enough space to display the badge, then I'm struggling to think of what can be done.  Although, the suggestion that a large square backing is added, an can then be passed over the crowd or possibly used as a flag in the stadium seem best. 
  • Options
    Well if auctioned to raise money for the museum,  would anyone bid for it ,simply due to its size. Surley there's a rich charlton fan somewhere who would have it in the back garden of their mansion. 
  • Options
    Would be good if fans could pass it across the ground before a match like we used to do.
  • Options
    I have found my Roland Out North Korea printed flag used in the Belgium protest. When Roland goes I will donate it to the museum if it wants it.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Addickted said:
    Addickted said:

By cutting this  flag up could see people not donating to the museum in the future.
    If i was donating to the museum even if they asked if it was ok to cut the flag up id thibk their taking the p!ss
    And, if we cut it up for £10 a patch, what's to stop people putting it up on e-bay for £100?
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Addickted said:

Can see you're feeling better! 
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Addickted said:

As I said, @Henry Irving was asking for suggestions and someone helped by giving one, which appeared to be dismissed without further consultation

He did the same when he asked me for a double entendre and I gave him one
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Doesn't deserve to be cut up...,do like the centre circle idea & also the square it up then pass around the crowd one too...👍
  • Options
    Add some lightweight hardening material to the underneath, and bend and curve it slightly.
    Hey presto! A giant frisbee to be thrown from stand to stand pre match.

• Options
    Take it to the northern mid week away games and cover some empty seats in the away end
    Cracking idea but the home side may not be too happy. 
  • Options
    @Henry Irving did the museum get the LIAR sheet?
  • Options
    No, would have loved to have got it.

Keohane destroyed the coffin too.
  • Options
    If you want the flag now I can send it - private me the address to send it to.
  • Options

That must have been illegal, surely?
  • Options
    Put it in the oven for about 3 minutes. It'll come out really small.
  • Options
    edited June 2019

That must have been illegal, surely?
    Probably, but it wasn't a battle worth fighting, IMHO, at the time.

That he and Meire felt the need to destroy it shows how much the mock funeral march angered them.

They tried to tell the police to ban it and the police told them not to tell them their job.

• Options
    What about cutting a hole in the middle and giving it to Brian Cole as a poncho.