Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tom Lockyer - collapsed again at Bournemouth, recovering in hospital (p23)

Comments

• Options
    cafckev said:
    Wish him well. He stayed and tried to help. Made it clear that he would take up his option to look around etc, so thanks and good luck, but Luton? Surely he could have done better than Luton!
    Perhaps they have give him a get out of jail free card.......oops, I mean a relegation clause...😁. Seeing as they were nailed on certs to be relegated for 95% of last season I can see that he'll be back to square one in 10 months time.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Fair play, thought he was a good player and right now Luton are a much better bet - especially on a 3 year contract. 
    He's been given a 3 year contract, longer than we gave him.  He's probably on more money. He pocketed a signing on fee.

A successful day for the guy, good luck to him.
  • Options
    jdsd42 said:
    Result Not a good footballer  - rather have Oztumer Centre back - 
    He’s damn sight better that Oshilaja, Mingi, Pratley or Ness. 
    I have bought you an early Christmas present mate.  The home top with Mingi on the back.
  • Options
    Also unlikely to be much personal attachment to the club. How many owners have we had since he signed? Stability has been awful. Probably expected a mass exodus of players with a risk of us going into admin. By going to Luton he can get job security and stability. 
  • Options
    felix_31 said:
    I’m not going to lie - I am disappointed he’s left - but if it allows us to sign Matthews we’ve come off better; Matthews is by far the better footballer 
    For me it depends who we can get as a replacement for Lockyer and who we'd have got as a replacement for Matthews had he not stayed.

We needed a Right-Back so its great that Matthews has stayed, but now desperately need some Centre-Backs so lets see who we replace Lockyer with first
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Fair play, thought he was a good player and right now Luton are a much better bet - especially on a 3 year contract. 
    He's been given a 3 year contract, longer than we gave him.  He's probably on more money. He pocketed a signing on fee.

A successful day for the guy, good luck to him.
    Plus he’ll play, at least next season, at a higher level. Probably an important factor as next summer is probably his only potential chance of playing in a major tournament. 
  • Options
    Sorry to see Tom leave. Always gave 100 per cent for the team and would like to wish him all the best for the future. Just surprised he did not do better thanLuton.
  • Options
    Good luck to him sad to see players like him  leave, could have stayed and helped us back up again but hey ho.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good luck to him.
  • Options
    Luton only stayed up with the help of two own goals on the last day of the season.  You need a bit of luck in this game, unfortunately ours was all out last season.

Anyway, good luck to Tom. I liked him.
  • Options
    jdsd42 said:
    Result Not a good footballer  - rather have Oztumer Centre back - 
    He’s damn sight better that Oshilaja, Mingi, Pratley or Ness. 
    I have bought you an early Christmas present mate.  The home top with Mingi on the back.
    Cheers - I can put it along side my Wilberforce Ocran and Kenneth Yao shirts. 
  • Options
    felix_31 said:
    I’m not going to lie - I am disappointed he’s left - but if it allows us to sign Matthews we’ve come off better; Matthews is by far the better footballer 
    For me it depends who we can get as a replacement for Lockyer and who we'd have got as a replacement for Matthews had he not stayed.

We needed a Right-Back so its great that Matthews has stayed, but now desperately need some Centre-Backs so lets see who we replace Lockyer with first
    Absolutely this. Would prefer Matthews if we can bring in a couple of decent CBS. If Pratley and Deji are starting the season there it’s a huge huge loss. 
  • Options
      Always been impressed with Pratley at cb.  Without injury think he can play there for quite a few more years in L1.

Sorry to see Lockyer go.  Luton have a reasonable/good player acquisition structure.  Basically their extra cash gave them more depth to their squad and they've been able to target youthful energetic players giving them longer contracts.  Having said all this defensively they're not impressive, of all their players only Cornick seems to catch the eye and they've not replaced the two full backs who drove their success in L1.

Unlike Barnsley I can't see them being anywhere other than a relegation dogfight.  I hope Barnsley compete at the top end in the champ, which is going to have quite a few bigger teams struggling, just can't see it for Luton.
  • Options
    You'd expect Wycombe and Rotherham to struggle, Coventry are likely to be bottom half as well. Barnsley will be bottom half, Wednesday have a 12 point deduction. Luton definitely have a chance of survival
  • Options
    First saw Lockyer in the Gills friendly last summer and he had a bit of a stinker, caught out of position, came up short worryingly too much... 

But despite getting relegated, come the end of the season he was 100 miles a better player with the carnival of ownership over shadowing his future, he still did his best.

Still developing as a centre back and in two years will be interesting to see where he will be as I suspect he could do very well under Jones. 

Awful clause in his contract, not his fault and I'm not going to dig him out, good luck to him. 
  • Options
    Thought he was a good player and gave 100%. Not the biggest CB but fairly decent on the ball. Reminded me a bit of Gareth Southgate although a poor man's one at that.  Don't blame him going to Luton any player should be looking to play at the highest level especially trying to get into the Welsh squad. Will never forget watching that Barnsley offside goal against Brentford. This is the direct result and has had huge implications for our club. Barnsley also went very quiet about taking legal action. It really is a dog eat dog world in football. No solidarity whatsoever.
  • Options
    Bottom of the Championship is just abt the peak of his level tbf. Good luck to him, as at least he stuck around until the end, but losing players to fucking Luton town pisses me off! Assuming the takeover goes through, there will be loads of players of similar ability available, so not too fussed. We just need to be in the position to offer proper contracts without stupid clauses inserted. Fingers crossed that gallen can negotiate these with a little bit of freedom this summer
  • Options
    Half decent CB, comfortable in the Championship.

Protected himself from relegation. Pretty cowardly but legal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would wind me up more than Taylor if I rated him.
  • Options
    Matthews as a free swap for Lockyer is the bargain of the decade 
    Luton is dead right for Tom
    We’re desperately short of defenders but there’s loads available of at least TL’s standard 
    yesterday’s man and we got relegated yesterday And he didn’t want to put that right
    we move onward and upward the lighter for the loss of the deadweight 
  • Options
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-boss-confident-of-defender-deal-but-dependent-on-lockyer-sealing-luton-switch/

Do us a favour Tom if you want to clear off and get your new deal pushed through asap
  • Options
    Would wind me up more than Taylor if I rated him.
    What? Why?
  • Options
    MattF said:
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-boss-confident-of-defender-deal-but-dependent-on-lockyer-sealing-luton-switch/

Do us a favour Tom if you want to clear off and get your new deal pushed through asap
    Perhaps he is holding on in the hope a better option than Luton come up. It’s a shame we can’t just release him - that clause should have been a 2 way street. 
  • Options
    Very very Sorry to see Tom Lockyer go a terrible shame, but as long as this circus carries  on and Scum like Southall and Elliot are scraping for financial tit bits, assisted by those Arseholes at the EFL this situation will only get worse.
    We need a proper fucking owner before we lose out fantastic manager Lee Bowyer.....
  • Options
    Who knows, might have the same clause with Luton and we just get him back next year
  • Options
    Thank god for that
  • Options
    Wonder if we can now announce Matthews...