Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

@FootballerGay on Twitter

Comments

• Options
    News of an apparent homophobic attack at Canada Water.
    However cynical one might be, this is still a genuine problem and hesitation is completely understandable.
  • Options
    The whole thing reeked of a publicity stunt from the start .

I agree it's a shame though 
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Talal said:
    No surprise but a real shame anyone would hoax about such a thing. Wonder if this might set back any genuinely gay footballer from coming out. 

Quite the opposite I would hope.  It has stoked debate and garnered wide and durable publicity in the way it was delivered. Has been lots of positive coverage over a period of weeks now,  well wishing and support so could perhaps give some the confidence to come out.

Perhaps not the intended motives but could be a conduit for bringing the game into 2019.
    Was thinking the same thing myself. Perhaps it's naive, but I hope that this is a moment that shows football in the UK in this age is ready for an openly gay footballer. Maybe this account was genuine, maybe not, I really haven't been following it that closely. But regardless, I really hope some good comes out of it. 

I can absolutely understand not wanting to be the first, just because it will add a new level of attention and pressure to your career. But hopefully when it happens, football fans will have a chance to show that they are, increasingly, by-and-large a supportive group. Again, perhaps this is naive. 
  • Options
    This is what we all knew would happen jokes start to be made 

• Options
    Sadly predictable.
  • Options
    Weirdos
  • Options
    edited July 2019

Surely this a police matter now?  Whoever this is doing this has made it a personal attack on James Brown? 

Edited:  It's not the original twitter account is it?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    no one likes us
    no one likes us
    we don't care
    we're on Grinder
    we're on Grinder
    & we'll meet you
    anywhere. x
  • Options

Surely this a police matter now?  Whoever this is doing this has made it a personal attack on James Brown? 

Nope not the original account but could still be the same person
  • Options
    no one likes us
    no one likes us
    we don't care
    we're on Grinder
    we're on Grinder
    & we'll meet you
    anywhere. x
    Why have you posted that?
    Guess its an example of the shit James Brown is now going to get
  • Options

New account.

if the original was fake it was always going to end badly. Giving a date then even faking a name (not saying the person behind both accounts are the same) but anyone giving a fake name as the gay footballer was too easy to deny by any club.

if it was fake I don’t think they thought of the end game of how it was going to play out. The only way was to say they’d changed their mind. Which is exactly what happened. Which fuels the fire of “fake” to begin with.

• Options
    There's no proof it was fake. 
  • Options

Didn’t one of the Millwall lads on here mention it could be one of their players?

• Options

Didn’t one of the Millwall lads on here mention it could be one of their players?

That’s a fake account either way, not the original. 
  • Options

The account was more than likely (just a hunch) created by an activist that, when they are outed as having done more harm than good to the cause, will claim it was a social experiment to show how toxic the world is and just how hard it is for gay men to come out. They will use the tiny amount of negative posts on the subject, as opposed to the thousands of supportive ones, to justify the stance.

There will be no self reflection. It will be purely outward projection of how it was done with the best of intention and the betterment of gay men at its core.

All that said, I hope the individual is genuine and that they do what they think is best for themself.

F*ck me how much did all that tinfoil cost you???
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not this bloke either

https://youtu.be/vruy2GRUsV8
  • Options
    This is largely why I don't use Twitter much at all now.

Too many hoax accounts and people not taking responsibility for what they tweet. You should only be prepared to tweet what you would say to someone's face in person.

Twitter also lets far too much go and need to take a far bigger responsibility for what's published via them.

The person responsible for the tweet to James Brown should be identified and handed to the police and if Twitter can't do this it shouldn't exist.

Poor form all round, can certainly see why a footballer would be hesitant to come out. Hopefully once the barrier is finally broken it won't be such a story in future for others to follow suit.
  • Options
    claiming to be someone else yes illegal but claiming someone is homosexual is surely not illegal nor should it be viewed as offensive - for me i dont give 2 shits i know people that do and again understand there reasons but for me it doesn't bother me at all. 
  • Options

The account was more than likely (just a hunch) created by an activist that, when they are outed as having done more harm than good to the cause, will claim it was a social experiment to show how toxic the world is and just how hard it is for gay men to come out. They will use the tiny amount of negative posts on the subject, as opposed to the thousands of supportive ones, to justify the stance.

There will be no self reflection. It will be purely outward projection of how it was done with the best of intention and the betterment of gay men at its core.

All that said, I hope the individual is genuine and that they do what they think is best for themself.

F*ck me how much did all that tinfoil cost you???
    Let's not go there.

• Options
    seth plum said:
    It is a dangerous global environment for gay people.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-49081626
    Not too safe for heterosexuals either,  depending on where you live.
  • Options
    The whole thing seems fake to me - if it was genuine I don't think it would have dragged on like this.

I hate Twatter.
  • Options
    claiming to be someone else yes illegal but claiming someone is homosexual is surely not illegal nor should it be viewed as offensive - for me i dont give 2 shits i know people that do and again understand there reasons but for me it doesn't bother me at all. 
    'Understand their reasons'? What reasons are they? 🤔
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    'Understand their reasons'? What reasons are they? 🤔
    religious reasons - as i said i don't agree with them but can understand why they believe in certain things. 

funny thing with this is if i was on about another worldwide religion who i called out for slaughtering animals in a inhumane way and stoning gay people - i would be had over the coals by some of the twats that post of this forum. 

good old double standards and that.  

its a hot day - no need to try and dig me out and make a point is there really? 

and just out of curiosity @Bedsaddick whats funny about my comment? the consant loling at my comments is a bit sad tbh. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    seth plum said:
    It is a dangerous global environment for gay people.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-49081626
    Not too safe for heterosexuals either,  depending on where you live.
    I'd LOVE to know where these places in the world are that heterosexuals are "unsafe" and persecuted because of their sexuality. I'd absolutely love to know where one might live as a heterosexual and feel unsafe.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!