Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

@FootballerGay on Twitter

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Personally i think it's sad people get offended by likes, lols and (used to be) flags.

Think that's a bit childish imo.

Water off a duck's back and all that.
    not really if you want to have a pop at someone have the bollocks to call them out or feel free to inbox me. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Personally i think it's sad people get offended by likes, lols and (used to be) flags.

not really if you want to have a pop at someone have the bollocks to call them out or feel free to inbox me. 
    Is it not just a simple way to register the fact you found something amusing? Not sure it's really having a pop.
  • Options
    @palarsehater

What are your views on @WattsTheMatter 's post?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

This is very unlike you Mr Hater, go and have a beer mate.

Beds is a harmless bear.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Okay guys, to calm things down a bit, here's a photo of our newest arrivals before they get slaughtered and eaten in a few months time -

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Okay guys, to calm things down a bit, here's a photo of our newest arrivals before they get slaughtered and eaten in a few months time -

Can I rescue them please?
    From what? Free ranging 3 acres of woodland, to go and live in a creosoted house in a sub urban garden? ; )
  • Options

From what? Free ranging 3 acres of woodland, to go and live in a creosoted house in a sub urban garden? ; )
    Before you eat them :)

Then they can come and live in my meagre one acre ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

1 acre?! 

Went for a bike ride last night for the 1st time in years.

Now I have 2 acres
  • Options

1 acre?! 

Now I have 2 acres
    Here all week? 
  • Options

1 acre?! 

Now I have 2 acres
    Here all week? 
    Want more?! :)
  • Options

Which one is gay?
  • Options
    @palarsehater

What are your views on @WattsTheMatter 's post?
    @palarsehater ?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Statistically one of those chickens is gay 
    I’ve always wondered what the statistics are.  Reason being, when I was doing my LPC at the college of Law, we were a tutor group of 8 men in the class, and 2 were gay.  Always wondered whether 1 in 4 was about accurate 
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Jokes aside, we had two hens sitting on the same clutch of about 16 eggs, climbing over each other to get to the back and pushing the other off. Out of the 16, I think about 4 hatched and fledged through to adults, all along those two girls sharing parenting duties.
  • Options
    Jokes aside, we had two hens sitting on the same clutch of about 16 eggs, climbing over each other to get to the back and pushing the other off. Out of the 16, I think about 4 hatched and fledged through to adults, all along those two girls sharing parenting duties.
    LESBIHENS! 
    No, you dirty bastard, they were sisters ffs, one couldn't pass eggs, so the other let her help do bits for her young. That was my point!

It was just a story of how chickens don't cast aspersions on each other and hubeings do. Thank you for proving my theory though!

; )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't know for certain, but I suspect there are less gay male footballers than the comparative percentage of gay people in the population. I suspect there are more gay female footballers. I come to this conclusion as the women's game doesn't seem to have the same issues the men's game has with this and is therefore more inviting. 

Of course I can only guess/speculate, but it is a sad reflection of the men's game and us as fans, that there are currently no openly gay players in the top four leagues! It is important that something is done about it. Yes gay players need to come out and we need to shout down anybody within the game or on the terraces that can't accept this.  
  • Options
    LESBIHENS! 
    No, you dirty bastard, they were sisters ffs, one couldn't pass eggs, so the other let her help do bits for her young. That was my point!

It was just a story of how chickens don't cast aspersions on each other and hubeings do. Thank you for proving my theory though!

; )
    INCESTUOUS LESBIHENS! 
  • Options

Enjoy eating them pal 

back to the original question 

No one honestly gives two shits really if a footballer comes out gay 

so what 

well done you’ve finally admitted to yourself what 99% of your friends and family (those who care) already knew or suspected and you can live freely and happily for the first time 

But no need to make a huge song and dance about it forever 
  • Options

Enjoy eating them pal 

so what 

well done you’ve finally admitted to yourself what 99% of your friends and family (those who care) already knew or suspected and you can live freely and happily for the first time 

Quite obviously a lot of people give more than two shits.
  • Options

Enjoy eating them pal 

so what 

Why someone is gay it’s not a big deal anymore is it ? 

the fact they play football is what relevance anyone that goes to football watches the thousands of teams playing every week would have to be as thick as pig shit if they didn’t think that someone in the team they support is more than likely to be gay 

I don’t see why it’s a big deal any more I have a nephew who cane out we all already knew before he came out 

it was no shock and why should it be being gay is as normal as being straight surely so why make a song and dance about it 

• Options

Enjoy eating them pal 

so what 

the fact they play football is what relevance anyone that goes to football watches the thousands of teams playing every week would have to be as thick as pig shit if they didn’t think that someone in the team they support is more than likely to be gay 

I don’t see why it’s a big deal any more I have a nephew who cane out we all already knew before he came out 

it was no shock and why should it be being gay is as normal as being straight surely so why make a song and dance about it 

Right, but no-one is saying that it is unusual that this guy is gay, it’s that he is a professional footballer and (apparently) about to come out as gay - that will make him completely unique in this country. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Enjoy eating them pal 

so what 

Right, but no-one is saying that it is unusual that this guy is gay, it’s that he is a professional footballer and (apparently) about to come out as gay - that will make him completely unique in this country. 

Not disputing that I am asking does anyone actually give two shits that he is gay 

yes its unique but if we want people to not fear coming out within football then the coverage should be minimal to normalize it and show it’s just a way of life, this person if they allow it and it will happen will make it like a circus and it will cause more to stay hidden 
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Enjoy eating them pal 

so what 

I wonder how much his agent has negotiated for 'exclusive media rights" to Mr ?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Enjoy eating them pal 

so what 

Not disputing that I am asking does anyone actually give two shits that he is gay 

yes its unique but if we want people to not fear coming out within football then the coverage should be minimal to normalize it and show it’s just a way of life, this person if they allow it and it will happen will make it like a circus and it will cause more to stay hidden 
    NLA - see below

WattsTheMatter said:
    I'd like to share a few thoughts on this. 

I was openly bisexual from 14, in quite a supposedly liberal school (and later university). One of my best friends is also gay. To say that people in the 21st century UK don't have problems with it, or don't care about sexuality is so hilariously wrong. 

Everyone I knew who was even suspected of being anything other than straight got abuse, both verbal and physical, and some of it to an extent that would make you feel sick. The clique where these attitudes, the idea that this was acceptable, was most prevalent? The football team and those who were big football fans. They were more than happy to practise their kicking on those they knew were gay because they knew that most people would turn their heads. 

I saw the same in sixth form, where people thought words like fa**ot were legitimate. I see some of the same at university. And despite the sheer whataboutism in some of the earlier posts, the football community was a commonality in all 3 places. Just because some religious groups are known to have issues with homosexuality, it doesn't mean there isn't serious work to be done in football, from grassroots up to professional level. 

To return briefly to my earlier point about the UK at large, how many of you would be afraid of your return journey home with a tattoo or face paint of your football team? Well that's the reality of some I knew coming home from Pride, who washed any facepaint off because they were afraid of being attacked. To give some statistics from 2017- 'one in five LGBT people have experienced a hate crime or incident because of their sexual orientation and/or gender identity in the last 12 months. Two in five trans people have experienced a hate crime or incident because of their gender identity in the last 12 months. Four in five anti-LGBT hate crimes and incidents go unreported, with younger LGBT people particularly reluctant to go to the police.'

More recently, the rate of LGBT hate crime per capita rose by 144% between 2013-14 and 2017-18. In the most recent year of data, police recorded 11,600 crimes, more than doubling from 4,600 during this period. And people ask why LGBT people stay hidden?

Whilst there'd still be some work to be done, having some 'out' professional footballers would certainly help reduce these attitudes, particularly amongst younger people, and any reduction is good news.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!