Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

@FootballerGay on Twitter

Comments

• Chizz said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    I personally don't get why anyone has to be open about their sexuality, but no one should be forced to hide it either. Just live and let live.
    If you were LBGT and weren't "out" to your work mates would you be happy taking your partner to a works do?  If your a footballer, or anyone else in the public eye, you can't lead a normal life if your hiding your sexuality. 

Of course your right, that's how it should be, unfortunately we all know that's not how easy life is, even in 2019.

Interesting story, or not? Someone I currently work with joined our department from another, he would always refer to 'partner' or Christina, 6 months down the line some of the girls in the office basically saw through instagram that 'she' was in fact ' he' but he continued to still refer to his 'Mrs' everytime , which started getting a bit annoying. A team leader mentioned in a 1-2-1 people think you have a BF not a GF, to gauge their reaction and hopefully get them to just not lie, this did not come out still.

Eventually probably a year down the line, he suddenly refer to Christopher not Christina. My Boyfriend, whilst I know it must be very hard but it was the whole ordeal and the constant lies which started to annoy people, once we knew it kind of made sense but before then no one would have any idea. It was also bad as it must have been so hard for him to live every day life knowing they were lieing.

Cliffs- Noone was any different after the event and basically it would have been better for him if he had been open from the off

Sad that it was 'annoying' for you. Imagine how 'annoying' it must have been for him to read about the two women who had the shit knocked out of them on a bus a couple of weeks back. Or how 'annoying' it was that he was so scared of ridicule/homophobia that he felt compelled to lie to work colleagues when they pried into his private life. 
    Thankfully, they were able to stop being annoyed by simply taking the route of stalking of him through Instagram.  And well done to the team leader who tried to out him publicly in a 1-2-1 and was open and honest enough to tell people about it afterwards.  
    Chizz said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    I personally don't get why anyone has to be open about their sexuality, but no one should be forced to hide it either. Just live and let live.
    If you were LBGT and weren't "out" to your work mates would you be happy taking your partner to a works do?  If your a footballer, or anyone else in the public eye, you can't lead a normal life if your hiding your sexuality. 

Of course your right, that's how it should be, unfortunately we all know that's not how easy life is, even in 2019.

Interesting story, or not? Someone I currently work with joined our department from another, he would always refer to 'partner' or Christina, 6 months down the line some of the girls in the office basically saw through instagram that 'she' was in fact ' he' but he continued to still refer to his 'Mrs' everytime , which started getting a bit annoying. A team leader mentioned in a 1-2-1 people think you have a BF not a GF, to gauge their reaction and hopefully get them to just not lie, this did not come out still.

Eventually probably a year down the line, he suddenly refer to Christopher not Christina. My Boyfriend, whilst I know it must be very hard but it was the whole ordeal and the constant lies which started to annoy people, once we knew it kind of made sense but before then no one would have any idea. It was also bad as it must have been so hard for him to live every day life knowing they were lieing.

Cliffs- Noone was any different after the event and basically it would have been better for him if he had been open from the off

Sad that it was 'annoying' for you. Imagine how 'annoying' it must have been for him to read about the two women who had the shit knocked out of them on a bus a couple of weeks back. Or how 'annoying' it was that he was so scared of ridicule/homophobia that he felt compelled to lie to work colleagues when they pried into his private life. 
    Thankfully, they were able to stop being annoyed by simply taking the route of stalking of him through Instagram.  And well done to the team leader who tried to out him publicly in a 1-2-1 and was open and honest enough to tell people about it afterwards.  

I didn't say they tried to out the person publicly, they discussed it in a private meeting and he merely just nodded and didn't say anything. They were doing this more thinking of them, not to get them to 'come out' but more to support them and as Chinese whispers and people find out, it would be less awkward. It had no desired effect and he just one day came in on his own accord and changed what he would reference his partner and nothing more was said of it.
    The person's boss tried to encourage him to talk for the first time about his sexuality in a "private" meeting and then revealed the contents of the conversation to (some or all of) the rest of the company.  And he did this to avoid a situation that might be "awkward"? 

To be honest, my sympathy isn't with the boss.  Despite him/her failing to get the "desired effect".  Whatever that might have been.  

• I'm not sure pride is 'attacking' London, the pride activities here certainly didn't seem like an attack.

As for statistics, I'll have to get back to you when I have access to google, in the morning, sadly I can't agree that there isn't a problem with attacks in The Uk.

Athough even if there isn't a problem, shouldnt we be proud that our country is leading the fight for equal rights?
    im saying the usual suspects on here that would swear london and the uk was on par with saudi arabia for gay rights. 

if the player was a starting member of a team - i am 100% sure that every game he would get some sort of abuse because of his sexuality - that does not mean as a nation we are a homophobic one - its football crowd doing what football crowds do -  is it acceptable - no its not 
    I'm far more concerned with acts of violence, rather than a few morons singing songs at football.

If you hear the songs, tell the idiots to stop, one step at a time we can make the world a better place。
  • We are the world
    We are the children
    We are the ones who make a brighter day, so let's start giving
    There's a choice we're making
    We're saving our own lives
    It's true we'll make a better day, just you and me
  • I'm not sure pride is 'attacking' London, the pride activities here certainly didn't seem like an attack.

As for statistics, I'll have to get back to you when I have access to google, in the morning, sadly I can't agree that there isn't a problem with attacks in The Uk.

Athough even if there isn't a problem, shouldnt we be proud that our country is leading the fight for equal rights?
    im saying the usual suspects on here that would swear london and the uk was on par with saudi arabia for gay rights. 

if the player was a starting member of a team - i am 100% sure that every game he would get some sort of abuse because of his sexuality - that does not mean as a nation we are a homophobic one - its football crowd doing what football crowds do -  is it acceptable - no its not 
    So if it's not as bad as it could be, that's okay. You get beaten up on a bus instead of stoned to death, you really can't complain. 

I'm far more concerned with acts of violence, rather than a few morons singing songs at football.

If you hear the songs, tell the idiots to stop, one step at a time we can make the world a better place。
    Problem is a lot of people won't say anything in fear of getting a slap. Most of the time its a lot easier to say nothing.
  • Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Chizz said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:

I didn't say they tried to out the person publicly, they discussed it in a private meeting and he merely just nodded and didn't say anything. They were doing this more thinking of them, not to get them to 'come out' but more to support them and as Chinese whispers and people find out, it would be less awkward. It had no desired effect and he just one day came in on his own accord and changed what he would reference his partner and nothing more was said of it.
    The person's boss tried to encourage him to talk for the first time about his sexuality in a "private" meeting and then revealed the contents of the conversation to (some or all of) the rest of the company.  And he did this to avoid a situation that might be "awkward"? 

To be honest, my sympathy isn't with the boss.  Despite him/her failing to get the "desired effect".  Whatever that might have been.  

Stop twisting my shit, I have not said anyone deserves any sympathy. Clearly you are nitpicking now, I have responded to what I have put initially,  but I am not going to bother now you are not worth it.

Problem is a lot of people won't say anything in fear of getting a slap. Most of the time its a lot easier to say nothing.
    Which is understandable, safety is numbers will help though, it helped with removing racism from the game, for the most part.
  • Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Chizz said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Stop twisting my shit, I have not said anyone deserves any sympathy. Clearly you are nitpicking now, I have responded to what I have put initially,  but I am not going to bother now you are not worth it.
    I hope I am just helping you to see that the actions of your company and your colleagues' behaviour fell very bellow the standard they should have.  It's no-one's business who your colleague sleeps with, until he decides to tell you.  Even if your colleagues' stalking behaviour has come up with an interesting "find".  Even if the interrogation from the boss failed to have the "desired effect".  

Your colleagues' behaviour needs showing up; not his.  Even if it is a bit "annoying" not know what shape his partner's genitalia are. 
  • Sponsored links:

• but football fans chanting are the least of the worry as most religions cannot abide homosexuality but we dont call them out as its frowned upon - for another day i feel. 
    When the left implode on themselves.
    It's a pity Stephen Yaxley has been locked up.

se9addick said:
    wouldnt be suprised if it is a fringe player as to be starting every match its going to be constant chants of xxxxx takes it up the ass etc
    Do you reckon? Maybe at some clubs/some individuals but I don’t know if you would get big/nonstop homophobic chanting against this guy at most grounds. 
    Palarsehater would be leading the chants in an ironic 1970s way.....
    but football fans chanting are the least of the worry as most religions cannot abide homosexuality but we dont call them out as its frowned upon - for another day i feel. 
    They’re still trying to work out who ranks highest on the Wokeometer 
    You need some new material.
    Rothko said:
    but football fans chanting are the least of the worry as most religions cannot abide homosexuality but we dont call them out as its frowned upon - for another day i feel. 
    They’re still trying to work out who ranks highest on the Wokeometer 
    You need some new material.
    What do you call an asylum seeker? Tommy Robinson
    Hopefully Trump will export the twat to the US.
    Leading by 3 lengths
    I have to say it makes a change to see an outsider in the lead.
    A couple of odds on joint favourites are nowhere as yet.
    Mind, it's 4 miles so we've barely started :-)
    🎶Watching, waiting🎶
  • Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Chizz said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:

I hope I am just helping you to see that the actions of your company and your colleagues' behaviour fell very bellow the standard they should have.  It's no-one's business who your colleague sleeps with, until he decides to tell you.  Even if your colleagues' stalking behaviour has come up with an interesting "find".  Even if the interrogation from the boss failed to have the "desired effect".  

Your colleagues' behaviour needs showing up; not his.  Even if it is a bit "annoying" not know what shape his partner's genitalia are. 

Again twisting shit, bore off!

We have not said we need to find out, or they need to 'come out' publicly, if you look back at my posts. If that's how you have interpreted it or I have worded it that is incorrect. 

There was no interrogation either, it come up in passing ' oh I noticed you were tagged with your friend' and wasn't meant in any other way or agenda. Suppose its one of those had to be there moments, but our office is not like that at all race or any form of discrimination it does not matter. 

You haven't helped me do anything other than just a wind up or take things out of context. So please leave it, as I do not feel you are worth my time or wish for you to validate my side of things 

• I can't see this being genuine, think it's just some random attention seeker on Twitter getting kicks out of everyone talking about his page.

• Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Chizz said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:

We have not said we need to find out, or they need to 'come out' publicly, if you look back at my posts. If that's how you have interpreted it or I have worded it that is incorrect. 

There was no interrogation either, it come up in passing ' oh I noticed you were tagged with your friend' and wasn't meant in any other way or agenda. Suppose its one of those had to be there moments, but our office is not like that at all race or any form of discrimination it does not matter. 

You haven't helped me do anything other than just a wind up or take things out of context. So please leave it, as I do not feel you are worth my time or wish for you to validate my side of things 

OK.  Meet me half-way?  Would you agree that it's no-one else's business who your colleague sleeps with until and unless he decides to tell you? 
  • Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Chizz said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:

OK.  Meet me half-way?  Would you agree that it's no-one else's business who your colleague sleeps with until and unless he decides to tell you? 

100% I agree

Girls will be girls and stalk everyones profile unfortunately (don't mean to sterotype but in this case it was), from that point it was only going downhill once one discovered and office gossip

• Sexist!

(am I doing this right?)
  • Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Chizz said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:

100% I agree

Girls will be girls and stalk everyones profile unfortunately (don't mean to sterotype but in this case it was), from that point it was only going downhill once one discovered and office gossip

Your bosses behaviour was probably worse to be fair. 
  • What a load of nonsense. If you're gay, you're gay. It's 2019 for crying out loud.  All this cryptic stuff on Twitter is unnecessary.  

No need to turn your sexuality into a publicity stunt

• Sponsored links:

• You can’t be a topical debate/thread on CL
  • "Until the colour of a man's skin matters no more than the colour of his eyes"

Jah Rastafari
  • Cabbles.. Isn't about time individuals who are obsessed with homophobia/gay behaviour get called out... And you know who I mean... The obsession with it is concerning. 
  • Great news, good luck to him. 
  • 'ello sailor, just here for the Argument
  • New balls please :smile:
    put this man in jail and throw away the key
    Covered End is innocent.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!