Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

@FootballerGay on Twitter

Comments

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    I personally don't get why anyone has to be open about their sexuality, but no one should be forced to hide it either. Just live and let live.
    If you were LBGT and weren't "out" to your work mates would you be happy taking your partner to a works do?  If your a footballer, or anyone else in the public eye, you can't lead a normal life if your hiding your sexuality. 

Of course your right, that's how it should be, unfortunately we all know that's not how easy life is, even in 2019.

Interesting story, or not? Someone I currently work with joined our department from another, he would always refer to 'partner' or Christina, 6 months down the line some of the girls in the office basically saw through instagram that 'she' was in fact ' he' but he continued to still refer to his 'Mrs' everytime , which started getting a bit annoying. A team leader mentioned in a 1-2-1 people think you have a BF not a GF, to gauge their reaction and hopefully get them to just not lie, this did not come out still.

Eventually probably a year down the line, he suddenly refer to Christopher not Christina. My Boyfriend, whilst I know it must be very hard but it was the whole ordeal and the constant lies which started to annoy people, once we knew it kind of made sense but before then no one would have any idea. It was also bad as it must have been so hard for him to live every day life knowing they were lieing.

Cliffs- Noone was any different after the event and basically it would have been better for him if he had been open from the off

Sad that it was 'annoying' for you. Imagine how 'annoying' it must have been for him to read about the two women who had the shit knocked out of them on a bus a couple of weeks back. Or how 'annoying' it was that he was so scared of ridicule/homophobia that he felt compelled to lie to work colleagues when they pried into his private life. 

I don't just mean annoying, the whole issue was more if he is lieing day to day you cant really trust them. What I mean is the 'annoying' part was the fact it was becoming pretty common knowledge but he would continue to make up stories and flat deny anything linked. I totally understand its not going to be easy and we didn't know the background why (nor should we) but given his personality he was quite difficult sometimes, which I believe is down to the whole stress he has put himself under to constantly lie day in day out.

I have probably not worded this very well , or put it across very well.

• Chizz said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    I personally don't get why anyone has to be open about their sexuality, but no one should be forced to hide it either. Just live and let live.
    If you were LBGT and weren't "out" to your work mates would you be happy taking your partner to a works do?  If your a footballer, or anyone else in the public eye, you can't lead a normal life if your hiding your sexuality. 

Of course your right, that's how it should be, unfortunately we all know that's not how easy life is, even in 2019.

Interesting story, or not? Someone I currently work with joined our department from another, he would always refer to 'partner' or Christina, 6 months down the line some of the girls in the office basically saw through instagram that 'she' was in fact ' he' but he continued to still refer to his 'Mrs' everytime , which started getting a bit annoying. A team leader mentioned in a 1-2-1 people think you have a BF not a GF, to gauge their reaction and hopefully get them to just not lie, this did not come out still.

Eventually probably a year down the line, he suddenly refer to Christopher not Christina. My Boyfriend, whilst I know it must be very hard but it was the whole ordeal and the constant lies which started to annoy people, once we knew it kind of made sense but before then no one would have any idea. It was also bad as it must have been so hard for him to live every day life knowing they were lieing.

Cliffs- Noone was any different after the event and basically it would have been better for him if he had been open from the off

Sad that it was 'annoying' for you. Imagine how 'annoying' it must have been for him to read about the two women who had the shit knocked out of them on a bus a couple of weeks back. Or how 'annoying' it was that he was so scared of ridicule/homophobia that he felt compelled to lie to work colleagues when they pried into his private life. 
    Thankfully, they were able to stop being annoyed by simply taking the route of stalking of him through Instagram.  And well done to the team leader who tried to out him publicly in a 1-2-1 and was open and honest enough to tell people about it afterwards.  
    Chizz said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Thankfully, they were able to stop being annoyed by simply taking the route of stalking of him through Instagram.  And well done to the team leader who tried to out him publicly in a 1-2-1 and was open and honest enough to tell people about it afterwards.  

I didn't say they tried to out the person publicly, they discussed it in a private meeting and he merely just nodded and didn't say anything. They were doing this more thinking of them, not to get them to 'come out' but more to support them and as Chinese whispers and people find out, it would be less awkward. It had no desired effect and he just one day came in on his own accord and changed what he would reference his partner and nothing more was said of it.
  • edited July 2019
    se9addick said:
    wouldnt be suprised if it is a fringe player as to be starting every match its going to be constant chants of xxxxx takes it up the ass etc
    Do you reckon? Maybe at some clubs/some individuals but I don’t know if you would get big/nonstop homophobic chanting against this guy at most grounds. 
    Palarsehater would be leading the chants in an ironic 1970s way.....
    why have i been singled out you cretin? i haven't said anything offensive - if you have never heard songs about brighton sung at charlton than i am afraid you are talking bollocks, i genuinely have never heard any racist chances but have heard songs about brighton and the generalisation of there gay community. 

james mclean ( an average squad player )i would lay good money on that every single ground last season at least 1 song about the ira were sung - happy to be proved wrong. 
  • edited July 2019
    but football fans chanting are the least of the worry as most religions cannot abide homosexuality but we dont call them out as its frowned upon - for another day i feel. 
    When the left implode on themselves.
    They’re still trying to work out who ranks highest on the Wokeometer 
     I bloody hate the word woke... And all who use it in a genuine effort to describe being somehow more enlightened than others 
  • Sweet, salty or toffee?
  • JiMMy 85 said:
     why does it have to be labelled pride day etc, if we are all meant to be inclusive why do people have to be labelled? 
    Because minority groups that have been persecuted need to redress the balance before the balance sets in. 

ill freely admit it have joined in with songs about darren ambrose and brighton - dont class myself as homophobic 
    Therein lies a major problem. It’s not acceptable to pick on sexuality or race, even as a joke or ironically. 

I don't like the word ‘homophobic’ as it implies fear. I doubt very much you fear or hate gay people. But you certainly sound as though you don’t have a grasp of what they have to go through, or how damaging your light-hearted chanting can be. 
    but what about when minority becomes normality??

its like saying we want to be like everyone else but its important i am also labelled and i am different to everyone else. 

works similarly with vegans just don't eat meat/animal products and shut your gob instead of preaching to everyone how great you are and trying to bore others with your choices 
  • Sweet, salty or toffee?
    Sweet please. Have you got your bingo cards ready?
  • se9addick said:
    wouldnt be suprised if it is a fringe player as to be starting every match its going to be constant chants of xxxxx takes it up the ass etc
    Do you reckon? Maybe at some clubs/some individuals but I don’t know if you would get big/nonstop homophobic chanting against this guy at most grounds. 
    why have i been singled out you cretin? i haven't said anything offensive - if you have never heard songs about brighton sung at charlton than i am afraid you are talking bollocks, i genuinely have never heard any racist chances but have heard songs about brighton and the generalisation of there gay community. 

james mclean ( an average squad player )i would lay good money on that every single ground last season at least 1 song about the ira were sung - happy to be proved wrong. 
    PH, as I’ve said to you before on here and over a pint on match day, some won’t miss a chance on here to make someone who they’ve never met nor know anything about look bad whilst (in their own head) make themselves feel morally superior.  And on this particular thread it was your turn.  

Anyway catch up soon on the next free Tommy march mate!
  • Uboat said:
    Sweet, salty or toffee?
    Sweet please. Have you got your bingo cards ready?
    Nearly got a line on one already.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2019
    se9addick said:

PH, as I’ve said to you before on here and over a pint on match day, some won’t miss a chance on here to make someone who they’ve never met nor know anything about look bad whilst (in their own head) make themselves feel morally superior.  And on this particular thread it was your turn.  

E E E EDL 

EDIT THAT WAS A JOKE me and @BR7_addick are too busy dragging our knuckles and belonging down at millwall for that sort of thing. 
  • New balls please :smile:
  • Never seen someone so rattled on a thread than hoofy
  • se9addick said:

E E E EDL 

EDIT THAT WAS A JOKE me and @BR7_addick are too busy dragging our knuckles and belonging down at millwall for that sort of thing. 
    We want ARE country back!
  • New balls please :smile:
    put this man in jail and throw away the key
  • edited July 2019
    JiMMy 85 said:
     why does it have to be labelled pride day etc, if we are all meant to be inclusive why do people have to be labelled? 
    Because minority groups that have been persecuted need to redress the balance before the balance sets in. 

ill freely admit it have joined in with songs about darren ambrose and brighton - dont class myself as homophobic 
    Therein lies a major problem. It’s not acceptable to pick on sexuality or race, even as a joke or ironically. 

I don't like the word ‘homophobic’ as it implies fear. I doubt very much you fear or hate gay people. But you certainly sound as though you don’t have a grasp of what they have to go through, or how damaging your light-hearted chanting can be. 

its like saying we want to be like everyone else but its important i am also labelled and i am different to everyone else. 

works similarly with vegans just don't eat meat/animal products and shut your gob instead of preaching to everyone how great you are and trying to bore others with your choices 
    Maybe when it is 'normal' we won't need things like pride, or people won't need to 'come out' Sadly we're a long way from that, as this thread has shown.
    there is not a widespread hatred of the lgbt community in the country in which the majority of posters are from. and that is a fact like it or not. 

so yeah when millions are spent on turning road crossings into multi coloured ones and police officers walking behind a parade consisting of blokes in bikini bottoms and high heels - yes the money could be spent better. 
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Maybe when it is 'normal' we won't need things like pride, or people won't need to 'come out' Sadly we're a long way from that, as this thread has shown.
    there is not a widespread hatred of the lgbt community in the country in which the majority of posters are from. and that is a fact like it or not. 

so yeah when millions are spent on turning road crossings into multi coloured ones and police officers walking behind a parade consisting of blokes in bikini bottoms and high heels - yes the money could be spent better. 
    Actual statistics would suggest your 'fact' is incorrect.

It's also a global problem, why not be proud The UK is leading the way?

• Dave2l said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Exactly.

It is his private business.

If he's doing it for the greater good and to remind people that they shouldn't feel ashamed about who and what they are....then that's great.

No one actually needs to know though.

Just because you're a professional footballer....it doesn't mean everyone has to know everything about you.

When I go charlton....I enjoy the game, I watch it, I go home. Normal services resumed.

I return to my world.

I don't think...

"I wonder what Chris Solly is doing ....right now?
    I wonder about the sexuality of Chris Solly.

It is my business"
    People should be free to be open about who they are and not feel an obligation to hide it - it's really not that hard to understand.

I agree with what you say and I understand it.

I just hope that if he does get any abuse....from anyone.

He gets right on it....either by just telling them to f*ck off....or reporting it.

Unfortunately...due to the wankers of this world...he is going to be forced to have to stand up for himself a bit, until they back off.
  •  palarsehater said:
    JiMMy 85 said:

Evidence to support that claim.

You yourself have already mentioned the intolerance in major religions (Christians and Muslims) while attacks are on the increase.

The majority of people in the UK would say they don't have an issue but that still leaves enough to make it widespread.
  • Sponsored links:

• Never seen someone so rattled on a thread than hoofy
    se9addick said:

E E E EDL 

We want ARE country back!
    Erm
  • edited July 2019
    but football fans chanting are the least of the worry as most religions cannot abide homosexuality but we dont call them out as its frowned upon - for another day i feel. 
    It's a pity Stephen Yaxley has been locked up.

se9addick said:
    You need some new material.
    Rothko said:
    What do you call an asylum seeker? Tommy Robinson
    Hopefully Trump will export the twat to the US.
    Leading by 3 lengths
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Actual statistics would suggest your 'fact' is incorrect.

It's also a global problem, why not be proud The UK is leading the way?

come on then mastermind what percentage of british people hate the lgbt comminity and by hate i mean you know stoning to death/throwing from the highest point sort of thing. 

there is not a widespread problem - happy to be proved wrong. 

its similar to the climate protesters lets attack london because if we do it in moscow or the states we would likely get shot. 

https://www.stonewall.org.uk/system/files/lgbt_in_britain_hate_crime.pdf

there is a report there but it is all in percentages and doesn't give a black and white figure of the amount of cases.  
  • but football fans chanting are the least of the worry as most religions cannot abide homosexuality but we dont call them out as its frowned upon - for another day i feel. 

se9addick said:
    Rothko said:
    Leading by 3 lengths
    No, I'm not giving you those. Only one comes close to rattled. 
  • I'm not sure pride is 'attacking' London, the pride activities here certainly didn't seem like an attack.

As for statistics, I'll have to get back to you when I have access to google, in the morning, sadly I can't agree that there isn't a problem with attacks in The Uk.

Athough even if there isn't a problem, shouldnt we be proud that our country is leading the fight for equal rights?
  • but football fans chanting are the least of the worry as most religions cannot abide homosexuality but we dont call them out as its frowned upon - for another day i feel. 

se9addick said:
    Rothko said:
    Leading by 3 lengths
    I have to say it makes a change to see an outsider in the lead.
    A couple of odds on joint favourites are nowhere as yet.
    Mind, it's 4 miles so we've barely started :-)
  • 3 comments within 5 mins, I’m having them.
  • I'm not sure pride is 'attacking' London, the pride activities here certainly didn't seem like an attack.

As for statistics, I'll have to get back to you when I have access to google, in the morning, sadly I can't agree that there isn't a problem with attacks in The Uk.

Athough even if there isn't a problem, shouldnt we be proud that our country is leading the fight for equal rights?
    im saying the usual suspects on here that would swear london and the uk was on par with saudi arabia for gay rights. 

if the player was a starting member of a team - i am 100% sure that every game he would get some sort of abuse because of his sexuality - that does not mean as a nation we are a homophobic one - its football crowd doing what football crowds do -  is it acceptable - no its not 

se9addick said:
    Rothko said:
    Leading by 3 lengths
    Topped with the fact that I’m clearly joking, when I say we want “are” country back.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!