Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

@FootballerGay on Twitter

Comments

• Probably showing my age here but why on earth would someone go to all the trouble of doing this for it only to be a wind up?

I really never expected this to still be an issue tbh. 

But then I never expected racism in the game to make a comeback either. 

Sorry state of affairs. 
  • bobmunro said:

If it's true then very best wishes to him.

50 years of Pride and yet it will still cause a stir, with troglodytes on the terraces having a field day. He is a brave man but hopefully he will be a beacon and will open the gates to allow other high profile sports men and women to feel safe in being open about their sexuality. 

The reaction on the terraces will be minimal

These days it's social media where most abuse takes place
  • edited July 2019
    Hopefully it will encourage more gay footballers to come out. It will pose football some challenges. How will it deal with the potential reaction of some fans! Hopefully we will see a zero tolerance of ignorant behaviour and everybody sees the player as a footballer and forgets he is gay in the same way we never give the fact a player is straight much thought! It really hasn't got anything to do with football. Being the first takes courage, but this needs to open up the gates - it is to football's shame that there are no openly gay professional players in the Leagues and this will be a start to putting that right. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    I personally don't get why anyone has to be open about their sexuality, but no one should be forced to hide it either. Just live and let live.
    this, with everything and anything if it isn't causing offence.  I don't care if it's religion, race, sex, or whatever.  I just don't understand why anyone would get worked up with/hate someone based on any of the above.
  • Steve Davies deserves all the abuse he got ...for joining Surrey. Thankfully he's seen the error of his ways now.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    I personally don't get why anyone has to be open about their sexuality, but no one should be forced to hide it either. Just live and let live.
    If you were LBGT and weren't "out" to your work mates would you be happy taking your partner to a works do?  If your a footballer, or anyone else in the public eye, you can't lead a normal life if your hiding your sexuality. 

Of course your right, that's how it should be, unfortunately we all know that's not how easy life is, even in 2019.

Interesting story, or not? Someone I currently work with joined our department from another, he would always refer to 'partner' or Christina, 6 months down the line some of the girls in the office basically saw through instagram that 'she' was in fact ' he' but he continued to still refer to his 'Mrs' everytime , which started getting a bit annoying. A team leader mentioned in a 1-2-1 people think you have a BF not a GF, to gauge their reaction and hopefully get them to just not lie, this did not come out still.

Eventually probably a year down the line, he suddenly refer to Christopher not Christina. My Boyfriend, whilst I know it must be very hard but it was the whole ordeal and the constant lies which started to annoy people, once we knew it kind of made sense but before then no one would have any idea. It was also bad as it must have been so hard for him to live every day life knowing they were lieing.

Cliffs- Noone was any different after the event and basically it would have been better for him if he had been open from the off

Sad that it was 'annoying' for you. Imagine how 'annoying' it must have been for him to read about the two women who had the shit knocked out of them on a bus a couple of weeks back. Or how 'annoying' it was that he was so scared of ridicule/homophobia that he felt compelled to lie to work colleagues when they pried into his private life. 
    Thankfully, they were able to stop being annoyed by simply taking the route of stalking of him through Instagram.  And well done to the team leader who tried to out him publicly in a 1-2-1 and was open and honest enough to tell people about it afterwards.  
  • i understand the example used of the bus but that is 1 homophobic attack in recent times, there are probably more racial attacks or teen stabbings ( which are pretty much on a daily basis ) lets not pretend that this is russia where lgbt people have to hide away - it doesn't bother me i do not approve of 2 fellas or 2 women hands all over each other kissing and whatever else in public - but that is the same for a straight couple keep it indoors. 

what i do not understand is most people my age group ( 28 ) would have no issue towards gay people but why does it have to be labelled pride day etc, if we are all meant to be inclusive why do people have to be labelled? and signs about allah is a queer. jesus was gay as much as you have a right to say what you want that is quite offensive to devout followers of religion, people need to realise that there are countries in this world where its punishable by death to be gay - maybe we should concentrate on that? these are the same countries that also have quite backwards views to a lot of things. 
  • Sponsored links:

• and also the holier than hou from a lot is bollocks as ill freely admit it have joined in with songs about darren ambrose and brighton - dont class myself as homophobic but some would for saying those things. 
  • i understand the example used of the bus but that is 1 homophobic attack in recent times, there are probably more racial attacks or teen stabbings ( which are pretty much on a daily basis ) lets not pretend that this is russia where lgbt people have to hide away - it doesn't bother me i do not approve of 2 fellas or 2 women hands all over each other kissing and whatever else in public - but that is the same for a straight couple keep it indoors. 

what i do not understand is most people my age group ( 28 ) would have no issue towards gay people but why does it have to be labelled pride day etc, if we are all meant to be inclusive why do people have to be labelled? and signs about allah is a queer. jesus was gay as much as you have a right to say what you want that is quite offensive to devout followers of religion, people need to realise that there are countries in this world where its punishable by death to be gay - maybe we should concentrate on that? these are the same countries that also have quite backwards views to a lot of things. 
    Two wrongs don't make a right. There are plenty of homophobic attacks and abuse within this country - saying it's not as bad as Russia or the countries where homosexuality is punishable by death is hardly any consolation to those suffering attacks/abuse.

Bigots are only too happy to air their views in this country given half a chance - there is a long way to go. 

Two wrongs don't make a right. There are plenty of homophobic attacks and abuse within this country - saying it's not as bad as Russia or the countries where homosexuality is punishable by death is hardly any consolation to those suffering attacks/abuse.

Bigots are only too happy to air their views in this country given half a chance - there is a long way to go. 
    They certainly are 
  • Uboat said:
    LenGlover said:
    Curb_It said:
    Leuth said:
    Hopefully it'll be like when Steve Davies came out. A (welcome) ripple of applause from the media and then get on with the game.
    Steve Davis is gay?  I honestly never knew that. 
    Not Steve Davis the snooker player but Steve Davies the cricketer.

The difference an 'e' makes.

Acid House - those were the days....
  • but football fans chanting are the least of the worry as most religions cannot abide homosexuality but we dont call them out as its frowned upon - for another day i feel. 
    When the left implode on themselves.
  • but football fans chanting are the least of the worry as most religions cannot abide homosexuality but we dont call them out as its frowned upon - for another day i feel. 
    It's a pity Stephen Yaxley has been locked up.

• wouldnt be suprised if it is a fringe player as to be starting every match its going to be constant chants of xxxxx takes it up the ass etc
    Do you reckon? Maybe at some clubs/some individuals but I don’t know if you would get big/nonstop homophobic chanting against this guy at most grounds. 
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:
    wouldnt be suprised if it is a fringe player as to be starting every match its going to be constant chants of xxxxx takes it up the ass etc
    Do you reckon? Maybe at some clubs/some individuals but I don’t know if you would get big/nonstop homophobic chanting against this guy at most grounds. 
    Palarsehater would be leading the chants in an ironic 1970s way.....
  • se9addick said:
    wouldnt be suprised if it is a fringe player as to be starting every match its going to be constant chants of xxxxx takes it up the ass etc
    Only if he was a good player. 
    Nobody chants about shit players. 
  • se9addick said:
    Only if he was a good player. 
    Nobody chants about shit players. 
    Used to be shite but now he's alright!
    They’re still trying to work out who ranks highest on the Wokeometer 
  • Rothko said:
    but football fans chanting are the least of the worry as most religions cannot abide homosexuality but we dont call them out as its frowned upon - for another day i feel. 
    You need some new material.
    What do you call an asylum seeker? Tommy Robinson
    Hopefully Trump will export the twat to the US.
    You need some new material.
    I’m after a linen shirt as it happens I’ll keep you posted.
  • LenGlover said:
    Curb_It said:
    Leuth said:
    Hopefully it'll be like when Steve Davies came out. A (welcome) ripple of applause from the media and then get on with the game.
    Steve Davis is gay?  I honestly never knew that. 
    Not Steve Davis the snooker player but Steve Davies the cricketer.

The difference an 'e' makes.
    We all love our fellow man after an e
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!