Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ebbsfleet v Charlton - Match Thread (Callum Harriott a sub)

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2019
    A strange game for me as I'm a fan of both clubs. I'm sure @BDL felt the same.

Fleet look like they've made some good signings, but considering Charlton bought down their 1st team & the fleet team was made up of mainly new signings, trialists & youth players, that's concerning from a Charlton point of view.

Interesting times from a fleet point of view though. Garry Hill looks to be putting a good squad together
  • Options
    They are different players. They do have a similarity though - Harriot has a lot of natural talent but his decision making is terrible.
  • Options
    Lovely to see Laurie Wilson in that clip xxx
  • Options
    although I don't consider Harriott good enough I realise that on Bowyer's budget he may be the best we can get but my main concern is his injury record in the three years since he left.
  • Options
    Harriott just wouldn't fit in with how we play even if we were after him. Converting hit and miss wingers into 10s and full backs isn't the way to go as we saw with Fosu and Marshall. I'm sure we're just helping him keep his fitness up
    Harriott has played a fair amount as a 10 and second striker though. I don't think he's here to be a fullback. I think that was more a case of we needed to do something with Marshall. As for Fosu, he had some very good games as a 10, and some bad ones. 
  • Options
    When watching Sarpong-Wiredu coming through I never saw him as any kind of right sided defensive player. Often he would play in advanced positions right across the park.
    What I have noticed is a more serious and focused attitude when he has stepped up, or when there is something to play for.
    He is strong and skilled, but he is a young player with all that implies.
    Much as I love the idea of Lapslie, Morgan, Doherty and Sarpong -Wiredu being midfield mainstays, at the moment that is an unrealistic plan (whatever Alan Hansen might say!). We need strengthening in midfield and certainly up front, and another central defender too.

• Options
    I take last nights result with a bit of a pinch of salt , but we do need some quality signings pretty soon, is Callum Harriot the answer to one of them?
  • Options
    First time we’ve lost one of ‘these type of games’ since Bromley 2016
  • Options
    If, like me, you missed the game because it was on in the middle of the day, AND if, like me, you're a saddo with nothing better to do, you can rewatch it here. You have to rewind to the beginning. 

https://www.cafc.co.uk/valley-pass/video-player?widgets[stream-amg][content_id]=0_g4j6tju3
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

brendan Retweeted Charlton Athletic FC

More valuable minutes in the tank! disappointing result.. glad to get on the scoresheet again

• Options
    BDL said:
    Was a bit strange last night. Got some stick from Jacko, spoke to Callum - he's just happy to be given a chance. Bowyer chuckled when I asked if he'd see any of the Lookman money. As for the game, I think players were just playing for fitness more than anything else so don't panic too much (at the moment). Still bodies to be signed etc. Great to see the media team last night, Scoop hasn't changed one bit!

As for the Fleet, very positive performance, liked what I saw and it could be an interesting season!

I'm hoping you all took note of my post yesterday when I told you not to park on Thames Way, as the parking wardens were out in force!
    Why did you get stick from Jacko?
  • Options
    BDL said:
    Was a bit strange last night. Got some stick from Jacko, spoke to Callum - he's just happy to be given a chance. Bowyer chuckled when I asked if he'd see any of the Lookman money. As for the game, I think players were just playing for fitness more than anything else so don't panic too much (at the moment). Still bodies to be signed etc. Great to see the media team last night, Scoop hasn't changed one bit!

As for the Fleet, very positive performance, liked what I saw and it could be an interesting season!

I'm hoping you all took note of my post yesterday when I told you not to park on Thames Way, as the parking wardens were out in force!
    I think that pretty much confirms what we all expected anyway.
  • Options
    hawksmoor said:
    BDL said:

Why did you get stick from Jacko?
    Because Jacko always gave me pelters at the Valley ;-)
  • Options
    Anyone know where Aouachria is? He seemed to do well in the youth/reserve games last season.
    Perhaps he's gone off to have some Consonant implants.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Talal said:
    Not sure how Harriott fits in to Bowyer's formation but at least he'd put more effort in than Fosu. 
    that really is the faintest of faint praise
    but fair enough for the poor man's mark marshall (CH) (tf was the poor man's kaikai)

What a surprise. I think you hate all human race .