Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jonny Williams - now at Gillingham (p47)

Comments

• Options
    news comes via the academy so not 100% nailed on as who knows whether the info has been passed on a few times etc etc but is exactly what i've been told   
  • Options
    Only way that’s true is if the injury developed on Sunday and he went for a scan today. If it is that long, we won’t see him until the new year which is a huge miss.

Can only hope it’s not true and he will be back far sooner than that. I haven’t been told anything so can’t comment on that particularly. Just really hope that it’s not the case but we will find out more tomorrow I am sure. 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    bad news - been told he will be out for 9 weeks - info comes from the training ground 
    That’s a very precise timeframe. Hope it’s not true .
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    bad news - been told he will be out for 9 weeks - info comes from the training ground 
    That’s a very precise timeframe. Hope it’s not true .

Knowing our luck it probably is though. A real shame, he has looked unplayable recently, absolutely terrifying defenders. On Saturday he was brilliant, running the show.
  • Options
    Typical of our luck with injuries.
  • Options
    Everyone has injuries of course but this is a shitter.  He really was back on song and i hope rumours are proven exagerated or way off the mark.

We seem destined to be a club unlucky with injuries, although I am sure this is only through Addick tinted glasses.
  • Options
    Hope he makes a speedy recovery but not sure you can say out luck is bad when Jonny gets injured.
  • Options
    We have Aneke, Kayal, Oztumer and Gallagher who can all do a job there. Not forgetting JFC
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wonder if playing 3 games in 8 days had anything to do with this? Bit surprised he actually started against Derby considering he had played in both Welsh games early in the week.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Looked like he was kicked. The only thing more games means is you get kicked more often. JW might get more protection if he didn't go down with three rolls and one and a half twists.  Many sides have worked out he needs to be kicked to stop him. 

Bows needs to work on one-twos into the box. Pen!

Nine weeks is wrong because he hasn't been assessed. May be more. Maybe less.
  • Options
    Seen in Tunbridge Wells in Knee brace with crutches.Could be precautionary as LB says knee needs to settle down before can be assessed
  • Options
    I’ve heard around a month (although I was told that yesterday morning). 
  • Options
    Looked like he was kicked. The only thing more games means is you get kicked more often. JW might get more protection if he didn't go down with three rolls and one and a half twists.  Many sides have worked out he needs to be kicked to stop him. 

It was a pretty innocuous incident, indeed wasn't Jonny (bizarrely) penalised for a foul? Not really the fault of the opponent, just bad luck
  • Options

It was a pretty innocuous incident, indeed wasn't Jonny (bizarrely) penalised for a foul? Not really the fault of the opponent, just bad luck
    It was a strange incident.

There was a coming together which I thought initially was a foul on Williams. However the ref gave it the other way. Williams seemed to leap to his feet and made to move to the referee, presumably to protest, but suddenly collapsed almost as if he'd been shot clutching his leg and rolling around on the ground.

He then had treatment before hobbling round the pitch to the changing rooms.
  • Options
    I mean with a knee you’re always worried it’s the ACL? I’m no expert but surely it’s either a broken knee, which wouldnt necessarily be too bad, but they would have X-rayed and found that out immediately, or some sort of knee ligament damage - and if it was only slight / grade 1 I’d be surprised given the pain he was in. Grade 2 or 3 and he’s in for a long spell out.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

It was a strange incident.

There was a coming together which I thought initially was a foul on Williams. However the ref gave it the other way. Williams seemed to leap to his feet and made to move to the referee, presumably to protest, but suddenly collapsed almost as if he'd been shot clutching his leg and rolling around on the ground.

He then had treatment before hobbling round the pitch to the changing rooms.
    And then the physio was really testing his knee on the touchline, it certainly wasn't one of those bad injuries where you immediately know that it's serious and get stretchered off
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    I mean with a knee you’re always worried it’s the ACL? I’m no expert but surely it’s either a broken knee, which wouldnt necessarily be too bad, but they would have X-rayed and found that out immediately, or some sort of knee ligament damage - and if it was only slight / grade 1 I’d be surprised given the pain he was in. Grade 2 or 3 and he’s in for a long spell out.
    As he did a little run up the touchline it can't be ACL or broken knee but with Jonny you can never tell because on many occasions he goes down for the count but in this instance, did he do the injury by jumping up too quick ? Bizarre but his assists this season show how important he is to the team. 
    @Sage is our medical man and will have a take on this strange delayed action incident.
  • Options

Felt it was an awful decision from the referee

Williams nipped in and stole the ball from the dithering Derby player - Didnt see a single foul in the incident, yet Williams was clipped and they got the free kick
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It looked like an impact rather than a twist and he walked off rather than went off on a stretcher so I thought it couldn't be too bad at the time. I feel for the guy if it is more than a couple of weeks.
  • Options

It looked like he was shot ! Walked off and collapses on the floor in a heap holding his knee.
  • Options
    Out for a couple of months Confirmed.  Field injury doesn't look good and JFC hamstring which could be bad too. Oh happy days
  • Options
    Big blow losing Jonny 
  • Options
    What is the actual injury? He’s had an op ...
  • Options
    Sage said:
    No inside knowledge, but with the description of sharp pain and his surgery on Tuesday, the length of time he is out for, I am going to have a guess than Jonny tore his meniscus. Usually if it was a ligament, they'd wait a few more days, let the injury settle down and the inflammation go down before surgery. A meniscus is a bit different as it doesn't have a great deal of blood supply, therefore, surgery is often required more quickly. The time frame also relatively fits too. As I said, it's only a guess.

I am sure we will find out the exact injury soon enough.
    I think you're spot on, Sage...
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Not sure Bows calling him a floater helps...  hardly shite, he's one of our best players!