Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Conor Gallagher - Going to Athletico (p81)

Comments

• Bit more context, some will like being called victims

Liam Twomey
    STAFF
    2h ago
    Thanks for reading and for the comment. It absolutely sucks for Charlton, particularly in light of their recent form. But unfortunately for them this kind of situation is always a possibility when loans are agreed with recall clauses. 

Charlton have ended up being victims of their own success in a way. Gallagher has progressed so quickly under Bowyer that both he and Chelsea became convinced that he was ready for a bigger challenge, and maintaining his development will always come first. 

I’m confident, though, that Gallagher’s experience at Charlton will boost their chances of getting other loan players from Chelsea, whether it’s this month or further down the line.
  • Looks like Swansea could be the feeder club for Chelsea - good for Chelsea to develop their assets. 
  • Dead inside 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Dead inside 
    Yup ... this is such a ridiculous situation 
  • Got a feeling this will not work out so well and Swansea fans will be thinking what the fuss was about. Hope I’m wrong, but the hype following him at the moment puts a lot of pressure on him to hit the ground running.
  • Got a feeling this will not work out so well and Swansea fans will be thinking what the fuss was about. Hope I’m wrong, but the hype following him at the moment puts a lot of pressure on him to hit the ground running.
    Is it feasible he could come back to us if it doesn’t work out?

Not that I believe that will happen, he is far too professional and will do his best. 
  • edited January 2020
    If it doesnt work out for him and he goes backwards, maybe we could get him on loan again next season. We haven't thrown our rattle out of the pram and the player would probably be keen. I suspect he will do well for Swansea because he is an excellent player and his next loan is Premier League. I don't want to be nasty but I hope that isn't with Swansea. I want to pip them to promotion next season :) I wish Conor the very best.
  • Sponsored links:

• We have to be honest and say that he will probably do well at Swansea. He would have continued to do well with us but Chelsea had their reasons rightly or wrongly. I think wrongly but he is comfortable at the level.
  • Talal said:
    Torn between wanting him to do well for him and wanting it not to work out so it highlights Chelsea's mistake ending the loan. 
    Maybe if he rolled his ankle in a pot hole in their car park and was out for the rest of the season 
  • Talal said:
    Torn between wanting him to do well for him and wanting it not to work out so it highlights Chelsea's mistake ending the loan. 
    Maybe if he rolled his ankle in a pot hole in their car park and was out for the rest of the season 
    Yh I'm not sure I'd go quite that far. 
  • edited January 2020
    Talal said:
    That would have been more likely in our car park to be fair!
  • Talal said:
    Exactly! 
  • Talal said:
    Exactly! 
    I see. It's been a long day.
  • edited January 2020
    stonemuse said:
    I'm not one to usually over analyse these things, but he certainly doesn't sound delighted to be there!
  • He's a good player with a great attitude. He'll get over it and do well.
  • Sponsored links:

• SLP saying that the understand it was his representatives that pushed for the move ?  Whoever they are
  • Wish Conor nothing but the best - delightful lad and great talent.
    Hope Swansea miss promotion and hope Chelsea is destroyed in the Great Sewage Explosion of 2020.  ;)

• Well, that could be further explanation why Chelsea hadn't said they were definitely recalling him.

Perhaps Williams is correct and it was Gallagher's agent who was pushing for it.

Presumably, Gallagher and the agent made money from his switch to Swansea.
  • 1968CAFC said:
    Yes we understand that 
    but If Swansea and negotiate why can’t we ???
    Chelsea and their loans is a business in its own right. Yes it might just be about Swansea's position and ours in the table now. But CL member printed the 40 odd players they have out on loan and how much revenue it brings in.

A valid question about the wealth of our UAE owner and after 17 days ,Taylor hasn't signed to stay and Maddison "who was buzzing after meeting Lee Bowyer" didn't sign because its the money, quote from McAnthony. Another player asked for 1k extra week and had a knock back so the jury are out on how much a wealthy man is prepared to pay on cafc.

The same questions that were asked of Duchatelet and Muir( rich Australian Muir)

In the first few weeks of Duchatelet's tenure he wouldn't offer Yann an extra £1000 a week and the extra year on the contract but he would give Sarr a 5 year on 6k and Vetokele a 5 year on 7k. What ever he gave Polish Pete was too much !
  • So, when Chelsea loaned Conor to Charlton they seriously didn’t think that we would be in anything other than a desperate fight to remain in the Championship?  They were happy for him to be in a dog fight then, so why not now?
    As I see it, surely it’s better for a player to have been in a team that is fighting than a team with high expectations and highly likely to ultimately fall short. 
  • 1968CAFC said:
    Yes we understand that 
    but If Swansea and negotiate why can’t we ???
    Chelsea and their loans is a business in its own right. Yes it might just be about Swansea's position and ours in the table now. But CL member printed the 40 odd players they have out on loan and how much revenue it brings in.

A valid question about the wealth of our UAE owner and after 17 days ,Taylor hasn't signed to stay and Maddison "who was buzzing after meeting Lee Bowyer" didn't sign because its the money, quote from McAnthony. Another player asked for 1k extra week and had a knock back so the jury are out on how much a wealthy man is prepared to pay on cafc.

The same questions that were asked of Duchatelet and Muir( rich Australian Muir)

In the first few weeks of Duchatelet's tenure he wouldn't offer Yann an extra £1000 a week and the extra year on the contract but he would give Sarr a 5 year on 6k and Vetokele a 5 year on 7k. What ever he gave Polish Pete was too much !

I do wonder if

a) There isn't untold millions behind this after all

or

b) They're putting a "do not take the piss" marker down to clubs, players and agents.

Hopefully, it's option b. 
  • Straight into the Swansea side today. 
  • Everyone who has asked me about Gallagher I have said the same 

what a player unbelievable talent but !!! 

The player o have watched since just before Xmas is knackard he is at 70% and is an injury waiting to happen 

if he was a Charlton player On loan I’d be screaming to bring him back we have way over played him to the detriment of his game his health