Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Live streaming on Valley Pass - new multi camera coverage & Scott Minto hosting p46

Comments

• mendonca said:
    So, how are you managing which games to purchase and watch? 

It could be an expensive season. Alternatively, it provides something to follow in the content Lockdown for the price of 3 coffees. 
    Or 2 beers and a packet of nuts... Personally I have paid for (including the next 8 games) 12 games this season. I have also watched streams showing the other games. I don't think I can afford that for the rest of the season and will likely flip flop between the two.

I did really enjoy having our commentary team back on Saturday, for some reason streams always have the opposition commentary? Maybe because our commentary is provided by VP and others provide their commentary to iFollow?
  • edited November 2020
    clive said:

EFL claim they have lost almost £500,000 due to illegal streaming of matches in the Championship and below as they appeal to fans to help them eliminate threat of piracy

EFL clubs met to discuss the matter this week and launched a campaign, appealing to the better nature of their supporters, urging them to avoid and report illegal streams so they can close them down.

Also with warnings that action can be taken by clubs against fans who abuse the iFollow agreement.

'This is a real problem,' said the EFL's chief commercial officer Ben Wright. 'It's costing our clubs money at a time when they don't need to be losing revenue. Put simply it's stealing.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8962349/EFL-claim-lost-500-000-illegal-streaming-matches.html
    Make it cheaper then, absolutely zero excuse for home based fans to be paying more than double of what overseas fans do this season, to watch all the games. 
  • shine166 said:
    clive said:

EFL claim they have lost almost £500,000 due to illegal streaming of matches in the Championship and below as they appeal to fans to help them eliminate threat of piracy

EFL clubs met to discuss the matter this week and launched a campaign, appealing to the better nature of their supporters, urging them to avoid and report illegal streams so they can close them down.

Also with warnings that action can be taken by clubs against fans who abuse the iFollow agreement.

'This is a real problem,' said the EFL's chief commercial officer Ben Wright. 'It's costing our clubs money at a time when they don't need to be losing revenue. Put simply it's stealing.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8962349/EFL-claim-lost-500-000-illegal-streaming-matches.html
    Make it cheaper then, absolutely zero excuse for home based fans to be paying more than double of what overseas fans do this season, to watch all the games. 
    In League 1 it's the same price for UK based or Intl. Or do you mean the overseas season ticket?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    shine166 said:
    clive said:

In League 1 it's the same price for UK based or Intl. Or do you mean the overseas season ticket?
    Yes, they pay 195 for all league games, we pay over £400. There was a massive shit storm when Premier league teams charged £15 compared to a £60 physical ticket, so why is it fine for us to pay 50% of a physical ticket to sit and watch it at home ? 
  • clive said:
    shine166 said:
    clive said:

Make it cheaper then, absolutely zero excuse for home based fans to be paying more than double of what overseas fans do, to watch all the games. 
    People seem to be forgetting that the Ifollow/Valley pass service is meant to be a service for overseas viewers, it is only being offered to all fans because of the present restrictions, the ten pound fee is one of the only sources of income for some clubs at the moment.
    I'm not sure what some people are moaning about, is it the quality of the production[dodgy pictures, adverts, action replays, etc] or ten pounds for 1st division football.
    Ten pounds a match is £460.00 for a league season, a hell a lot cheaper for me & others who would attend all or most of these games.
    Cheaper but not a comparable experience at all I am sure you'd agree?
  • clive said:
    shine166 said:
    clive said:

Make it cheaper then, absolutely zero excuse for home based fans to be paying more than double of what overseas fans do, to watch all the games. 
    People seem to be forgetting that the Ifollow/Valley pass service is meant to be a service for overseas viewers, it is only being offered to all fans because of the present restrictions, the ten pound fee is one of the only sources of income for some clubs at the moment.
    I'm not sure what some people are moaning about, is it the quality of the production[dodgy pictures, adverts, action replays, etc] or ten pounds for 1st division football.
    Ten pounds a match is £460.00 for a league season, a hell a lot cheaper for me & others who would attend all or most of these games.
    So ? It really does not matter what a match day experience costs, some fans are paying £195, others are paying £460.. thats all that matters.

You've mentions the costs, well the costs are in place to provide for overseas fans, it costs nothing extra to supply it to us... so why are we paying double ? 
  • clive said:

Maybe the likes of Rick Parry could be doing more to ensure a package gets created that helps Football League clubs rather than pandering to two clubs that happen to have historical success

Like Ian Holloway said the other day, a bit of success shouldnt give one club more say than another

In that sense, get a decent package for Football League teams and offer games for free perhaps - I've got no problem paying something for these games but I'm sure there'll be plenty who will be wondering again why Premier League fans get their games for free and we dont?
  • shine166 said:
    clive said:
    shine166 said:
    clive said:

So ? It really does not matter what a match day experience costs, some fans are paying £195, others are paying £460.. thats all that matters.

You've mentions the costs, well the costs are in place to provide for overseas fans, it costs nothing extra to supply it to us... so why are we paying double ? 
    I don't why it so cheap for overseas viewers, but £10.00 a game is not unreasonable for supporters in the UK.
    Also clubs are probably conscious that if they charge a lower fee people would start to object to matchday admission charges when they get the opportunity to pay them.
  • clive said:
    shine166 said:
    clive said:
    shine166 said:
    clive said:

I don't why it so cheap for overseas viewers, but £10.00 a game is not unreasonable for supporters in the UK.
    Also clubs are probably conscious that if they charge a lower fee people would start to object to matchday admission charges when they get the opportunity to pay them.
    £25 on the door is fine, £200 a season on TV is fine, they are moaning about losing money, but they wpuld lose even more by making it overseas fans only.
  • Sponsored links:

• clive said:

Maybe the likes of Rick Parry could be doing more to ensure a package gets created that helps Football League clubs rather than pandering to two clubs that happen to have historical success

Like Ian Holloway said the other day, a bit of success shouldnt give one club more say than another

In that sense, get a decent package for Football League teams and offer games for free perhaps - I've got no problem paying something for these games but I'm sure there'll be plenty who will be wondering again why Premier League fans get their games for free and we dont?
    Premier League fans aren't getting it for free though, as you still have to subscribe to Sky, BT and Amazon to have all the games
  • edited November 2020
    Obviously it is not the same but it is a cheaper season if you used to go to the Valley. 1 home game and 1 away game is cheaper than a ticket to watch a game live. I know it isn't better, but it is what it is. I'm glad I can watch us.
  • It is easy enough for me to say because I am able to afford it, but I have paid for and watched every single game so far, and don't regret it at all, I would even pay for U23 games.
    However I am longing to return to the Valley, didn't get a season ticket and it was too late to do so when Thomas finally took over.
    Desperate to find a way to go live asap, but getting television coverage is the next best thing.
  • edited November 2020
    I still get the feeling of matchday anticipation and am looking forward to tonight. I would prefer, seeing as we don't have to travel to games at the moment, if they were 6:15pm kick-offs as I would be able to watch all of an 8pm Champions League game too rather than just one half.
  • I am only interested in our game, and would actually prefer a 7.45 kick off so as to not rush the cooking!
  • If you had two teams of chimps kicking a ball about I would watch it. I would watch us above any other choice but I'll be watching the Man Utd second half tonight, as long as Charlton don't put me in a foul mood :)
  • seth plum said:
    I am only interested in our game, and would actually prefer a 7.45 kick off so as to not rush the cooking!
    Finish work, cook and baby to sleep... stick to 7.45 ffs 
  • If you had two teams of chimps kicking a ball about I would watch it. I would watch us above any other choice but I'll be watching the Man Utd second half tonight, as long as Charlton don't put me in a foul mood :)
    Bake-off it is then 😅
  • shine166 said:
    If you had two teams of chimps kicking a ball about I would watch it. I would watch us above any other choice but I'll be watching the Man Utd second half tonight, as long as Charlton don't put me in a foul mood :)
    Bake-off it is then 😅
    I'll be recording bake-off, so no spoilers on the match thread  :D

• Of course it's not the same experience as being there, but £10 is a lot less than my ticket price in the East Stand, where I have a similar view to the camera. Plus if I go by tube/train then the travel cost is nearly £10 anyway

With away games, the cost of going is even higher
  • Sponsored links:

• Is there an argument that if you cannot afford the £10, that you shouldn't be illegally streaming it?

There have been open conversations on here about how to illegally stream Charlton.

Right now we should be supporting our clubs financially.
  • PopIcon said:
    Is there an argument that if you cannot afford the £10, that you shouldn't be illegally streaming it?

There have been open conversations on here about how to illegally stream Charlton.

I think those chats are generally for streams of games on Sky, unless mistaken. 
  • Just happened to see this on the next thread.

Latest AutoCAD prices are approx £1800 and Microstation £2400.

How can they justify this price for a software package when you can get a browser or spreadsheet for almost nothing? Surely they would do better if they halved the prices. Maybe not.

How can they justify £10 to watch Charlton when you can watch Liverpool - Leicester for almost nothing on Sky. Surely they would do better if they halved the prices. Maybe not.

How can they justify this price for a software package when you can get a browser or spreadsheet for almost nothing? Surely they would do better if they halved the prices. Maybe not.

How can they justify £10 to watch Charlton when you can watch Liverpool - Leicester for almost nothing on Sky. Surely they would do better if they halved the prices. Maybe not.
    Monetising a service for profit?

Reckon anyone that followed Charlton and was paying for a season ticket or irregular matches is likely swallowing £10 without too much pain  Not sure £5 would bring in many less committed followers but would certainly help the committed fans forking out £10 and struggling financially.

Be OK when we get back in the Premier League  ;)  

£250 a month (ish) for Microstation.

Don't worry as they look to level the playing field with a perpetual license for just £5,964 or a perpetual license with annual select subscription for a paltry £7,093
  • edited November 2020
    PopIcon said:
    Is there an argument that if you cannot afford the £10, that you shouldn't be illegally streaming it?

But at the same time, I can buy a VPN to pay exactly what overseas fans do and im breaking the law, how does that make sense ? 
  • Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere, but i can't see it. 

There was a comment on Twitter yesterday, which TS has retweeted, saying we are the most streamed club in League 1. Does anyone know whether this is true, and what it is based on?

Is it based on total views across all our games, in which case presumably having played Sunderland, Portsmouth and Ipswich helps (albeit we have played one fewer than many), total CAFC (VP) purchases or average per game of one of those two? 

I think TS said he was disappointed we were selling only circa 3k VP purchases a game a few weeks ago, so hard to believe even given the Range Rover competition for the last three.  I think Ipswich have had a few home games at above 7k and Sunderland v Peterborough in September had 8.6k which was the highest single game virtual attendance at the time.  
  • If l’m watch the game on my IPad can l use Cromecast to watch it on the Tv?
  • Come on Greg.... You know we (I) just want the Range.