Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Anything positive going on?

Floods, sackings, global warming, bent leaving, crime, etc. I am shattered and in need of a long holiday which I am not going to get - give me some good news people!

Please state something positive that has happened to you/the world in the last 2 weeks.

Comments

• I cut my grass so now have a garden again. And got a load of crap moved out of the front room and also have almost finished the spare room. Bed, chest, TV, wardrobe and skirting board.

Bingo Sco
  • Had a good day yesterday
  • Theres a bird on ITV now who drinks her own piss
  • I drink the Landlord's down the pub.
  • I'm off to Wembley tonight to watch The Who.
  • you forget everyone suffering from stinking colds as well Sco...

I'm off to the O2 tonight to see Snow Patrol, then we;ll have a nice little drink up tomorrow night.
  • Do you ever spend a night in doors Afka???
  • I've just come back from an awesome stag weekend in Magaluf
  • [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]I've just come back from an awesome stag weekend in Magaluf

PS: It is Wednesday!
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]you forget everyone suffering from stinking colds as well Sco...

I'm off to the O2 tonight to see Snow Patrol, then we;ll have a nice little drink up tomorrow night.

Not if i can avoid it ! Friday is pre-stag trip drinks :-)

And you can talk..... !!
  • Sponsored links:

• ScoSco
    edited June 2007
    One side of his dual personality is staying in tonight.
  • and wishing he was out with the other half.....
  • There are only 2 more 'get ups' till the weekend.

i'm currently struggling to stay awake as my body clock as taken some battering over the past 5/6 days.

oh and another positive thing, 2 people at work didn't believe i went to glastonbury as i have a tan. :-)
  • Oh yeah! Welcome back Suze. How was it and everything? Do you still smell?
  • I'm gonna pop the question on Friday, have a hotel lined up, ring, etc any ideas on a classy restaurant, not pompous/pretentious but still classy in the west end?
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Oh yeah! Welcome back Suze. How was it and everything? Do you still smell?

i'm all clean! it was good, but wasn't the best one ever. 12 hours in the car park from 7am till 7pm finished me off. got home at 1am tuesday after setting off from tent at 6.30. so yesterday was spent sleeping.

can't wait till next year. once the legs stop aching.
  • WSSWSS
    edited June 2007
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]I'm gonna pop the question on Friday, have a hotel lined up, ring, etc any ideas on a classy restaurant, not pompous/pretentious but still classy in the west end?
    Wooo!!!! What kind of food you looking to eat mate?
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Oh yeah! Welcome back Suze. How was it and everything? Do you still smell?

i'm all clean! it was good, but wasn't the best one ever. 12 hours in the car park from 7am till 7pm finished me off. got home at 1am tuesday after setting off from tent at 6.30. so yesterday was spent sleeping.

car park? what trying to get out?

razil - i hope your beloved dont read this board!!

hakkasan? never been but everyone raves - hard to get a table this late notice tho
  • oooh good luck with that razil!
    les took me to a nice restaurant in covent garden called maggiores, which was lovely. depends what you are after, cost and what you class as pretentious. i think places like chez gerrard for chateau briand, or the oxo tower brassarie, are special but not too ott.
  • She don't like football.. (I know...)

Pretentious= overpriced undersized portions...

:)
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]oooh good luck with that razil!
    les took me to a nice restaurant in covent garden called maggiores, which was lovely. depends what you are after, cost and what you class as pretentious. i think places like chez gerrard for chateau briand, or the oxo tower brassarie, are special but not too ott.
    I've taken many a girl up the oxo tower.

Sorry, so so sorry just couldnt resist.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Oh yeah! Welcome back Suze. How was it and everything? Do you still smell?

car park? what trying to get out?

yes. left our tent at 6.30am, got to car at 7am ish, pushed it out of the mud, and into the queue, were about 4th in line of our field. but there were 4 fields further down than us using same path, so we stayed in the same place for 12 hours. didn't move a foot till 7pm, when the stewards came up to give us some priority (the other 3 fields were almost empty). i needed a wee all day, and food, but had nothing. once we left at 7.30pm, and the petrol light came on (which caused a bit of a panic), we stopped off in glastonbury town centre morrissons to get petrol, i couldn't physically get my wellies on, so ran into the loo in morrissons in my socks and muddy shorts, and then ran around the place picking up ginsters pasties and anything we could grab. got home at 1am ish in the end. les and his mates left 4 hours after us and got in about 6pm ish. had a shower and last ever cig, then bed.
  • Razil... i hope you are very confident that she says yes!!! lollololol imagine coming back on on monday when we are all eager to here!
  • Course I am.

;)

If not I can get a 30 day refund on the rock..
  • Hope she don't take of-fence....

good luck B
  • [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]I'm gonna pop the question on Friday, have a hotel lined up, ring, etc any ideas on a classy restaurant, not pompous/pretentious but still classy in the west end?

What about Ramsey's joint in Claridges? I've been there and it is fanastic. No prices on the menu, mind you, so take a tidy bundle of notes with you. I know the head chef so could arrange a table if necessary.
  • good luck razil...

something positive today, i watched that gillian mckeith's programme last night, 3 fat brides and one dress - i've not eaten a thing since... :-)
  • My positive news is that I've found a buyer for my house.
  • sorry nowt positive here, i have no money, get paid on friday and will still have no money!

i have a new boss who is a total bell end.

have been given a munting crapola polo to drive about in whilst VW sort my golf out (oil change brake fluid etc)
  • We all get to see MCS's beard tomorrow, what more can you lot ask for?