Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anything positive going on?

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]We all get to see MCS's beard tomorrow, what more can you lot ask for?

I wish, i have nothing mate, not even my penny collection which i had to take sainsburys just to get twenty quid for some shopping (well pasta!) i am almost backrupt
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]good luck razil...

something positive today, i watched that gillian mckeith's programme last night, 3 fat brides and one dress - i've not eaten a thing since... :-)

i watched that. she was so rude, and the girls looked beaming at the end of it. 6 weeks and 2 stone off! not bad eh?
    that food looked rank tho.
  • Options
    Posted By: MCS "I wish, i have nothing mate, not even my penny collection which i had to take sainsburys just to get twenty quid for some shopping (well pasta!) i am almost backrupt"

Can't you ask your rich great uncle for some funds?
  • Options
    suzi - 12 hours... so les got in at 6pm that evening and you got in after him? he was queuing in a different field then? god it just sounds so awful must have spoilt your weekend. okay i've just re-read it so you were sat in your car for 12 hours.. i thought you were stood up in a field waiting... mind you still horrific.

re that programme, i think it was 8 weeks but i dont reckon it was really 8 weeks? mind you if you stopped spreading butter on your digestives its bound to fall off!!
  • Options
    Err Finished Mixing my Ibiza Chill Out CD last night which is for our Life's Chemistry punters which was stressing me out no end. Copies to All Charlton Lifers will be available free of charge when I return.......Countdown to white Isle party T-Minus 10 days......
  • Options
    Nothing positive here, Glastonbury has broken me, I think I have done permanent damage to my internal organs.

Assume you were in the West Car Park Suze, took us 9 hours to get out.

Only good thing was that in 4 days there I ate 2 Mars Bars so I have probably lost half a stone although I am eating everything in sight at the moment.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Nothing positive here, Glastonbury has broken me, I think I have done permanent damage to my internal organs.

Only good thing was that in 4 days there I ate 2 Mars Bars so I have probably lost half a stone although I am eating everything in sight at the moment.
    A Mars a day helps you work rest and play
  • Options
    mate opposite me left at 6am and got away fine
  • Options
    The "Save the Hospitality 7" campaign has been launched. Sign up now and show your support.
  • Options
    Got to be slightly careful what I post, but could just be about to earn a vast sum of money, which is very positive and will make me very happy indeed...hurrah.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Nothing positive here, Glastonbury has broken me, I think I have done permanent damage to my internal organs.

yep, west 21. so got in the first car park. first in, last out! got on site at 9am last wednesday.
    I didn't eat much either the whole time, and with all that walking/tredging/holding on to keep yourself up!

dec and other people were in east car parks so got away fine. b'stards.

still, had a great time, and glad we were in the dry for 12 hours. brother had to stand at castle cary station for 4 hours with bags on back in the pouring rain.

ps> curb it> that butter on digestive thing was gross and that car full of takeaway. blurgh rank. wouldn't put me off ever eating takeaway but would make me think to cut down. ie, no more chicken chow mein for me!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]

A Mars a day helps you work rest and play

The rugby captain down Canterbury will strongly disagree with you on that point West side.

The sole of a shoe
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]She don't like football.. (I know...)

Pretentious= overpriced undersized portions...

:)

zillis fish bar Brewer St

Bentley seafood restaurant - swallow st

efe's gt titchfield st

DOVER STREET - FOOD AND WINE BAR -

good luck
  • Options
    i have finally put in for my map test ON THE KNOWLEDGE - and sent it by post at lunchtime so no going back now - I am now petrified - but it's the start of the road to freedom.

I'm off to study -

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKK
  • Options
    We were in West 25.

Dunno if you were listening to Radio 1 when that fella called in to say he was in West 21 and stranded for 8 hours without moving.

Colin Murray asked everyone to beep their horns if they were still stuck in the West Car Park, place went mental.

Cheered us up a bit and we were nearly at the exit then.

We had a great time but I was definitely ready to leave. Passing out in the Welfare tent on Thursday probably wasnt the best start :)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]We were in West 25.

Dunno if you were listening to Radio 1 when that fella called in to say he was in West 21 and stranded for 8 hours without moving.

Colin Murray asked everyone to beep their horns if they were still stuck in the West Car Park, place went mental.

Cheered us up a bit and we were nearly at the exit then.

We had a great time but I was definitely ready to leave. Passing out in the Welfare tent on Thursday probably wasnt the best start :)

you were further down the hill from us. we were listening to worthy fm, which went off at 5pm as she said "most people have left now" i screamed at the radio. went through phases of being angry to thinking it was hilarious. it really didn't seem like 12 hours stuck in a car park. and as we got out, we still had the journey on the 303 to contend with. people were beeping their horns all day, one bloke got out his car and threatened to kill someone else if he beeped anymore. so in his defense 10 cars around him beeped their horns! he was soooo angry. hehe.

hehe, good start for you! you going again next year or has the mud put you off? i can't decide if i'm moody because i don't think it was as good as other years and i didnt make the most of it, or moody because i've gotta wait a whole year before going again.

my burnt nose is now peeling too!! you didn't believe me!
  • Options
    I am also burnt and I wore a cap all weekend.

Would go again but would definitely consider being gay and getting a campervan.

Waking up on the Monday in the wind and rain and a puddle knowing the journey we had ahead was the biggest come down ever.

There were times when I just wanted to sit down on grass and chill and watch a couple of bands but it wasnt possible cos of the mud.

Great festival but definitely would be a lot better in July.
  • Options
    i've been 3 times when its been sunny, and its excellent, if a little too hot!!! no shade anywhere and the loo's stink!

why it can't be dry and overcast the last week in june i'll never know. count down till 2008 begins!

gotta buy a new tent tho, les left my one there!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]i have finally put in for my map test ON THE KNOWLEDGE - and sent it by post at lunchtime so no going back now - I am now petrified - but it's the start of the road to freedom.

I'm off to study -

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKK

Nice one - good luck.

Will you be doing cheap rate "friend" prices south of the pipe once you get your badge?
  • Options
    she said yes..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]she said yes..

well done, good luck to you both.
  • Options
    Congrats razil!
  • Options
    Congratulations.
  • Options
    thank goodness! Congrats Raz - where did you take her in the end?
  • Options
    Got promoted about 6 weeks ago and I'm starting the new job Monday.
  • Options
    Not at all have been standing outside in the pissing rain waiting for a 286 bus, been invited to a party, have bought a bus pass but a bus hasn't turned up waited for over an hour, TFL = Taking fu--ing Libertys,should have taken the CAR. Well pissed off ,fuck Private transport and livingstone up at Kremlin Towers i'm so Annoyed.what a waste of money.
  • Options
    I went to Crayford dogs last night and had lots of fun and came out a few quid ahead. Which was good.

I then went home by bus, which I found a quick and easy way to go home. What good value for money :-)
  • Options
    Im in Melbourne!!!

Got my job back with my old firm..

Really enjoying the place this time...
  • Options
    hey congrats Mascott-

hope it works out this time!!!!!
  • Options
    i've a gig tonight- third night on the trot- but this one is a piece i've always wanted to play ( since i was about 15- and that's a long time) and it's sounding superb.

( very very) Long shot but if you fancy some Mahler and are anywhere near Walthamstow town hall tonight- 7.30 start