Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Josh Cullen - gone to Burnley, July 2022 (p24)

Comments

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Cullen coming back will put George Lapslie back to the bench.

Lapslie wont make the bench if we make one more signing
  • Options
    Great news having a Wembley hero back. Now let's see who else wants to join the party before slamming the door. Pleeeeeease nobody else leave. You know who I mean. 
  • Options
    Good news.
  • Options
    Cullen at the base of the diamond, JFC on the left, Williams on the right, Aneke on the point.

Nothing wrong with that...
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Cullen coming back will put George Lapslie back to the bench.

Or RWB?
  • Options
    Sometimes I wish he'd be a bit more defensively organised, then minutes later he'll do something so genius on the ball I often miss it first time.  Great to see him back, whilst Williams is dynamic Josh has brilliance in his feet.  They're both a great blend together.
  • Options
    What a rollercoaster of a week. Despair to elation. Great signing. Might explain Lyle’s “patience” tweet (might not. Just sayin)
  • Options
    Good news well done all
  • Options
    Brilliant news. 

I think he really came into his own 2nd half of last season. In the championship (assuming we go 442 diamond) I would like him in the midfield 2 rather than at the base. He did well at the base but looked even better when the more physical Bielik played at the base and Cullen further forward. In tougher games this year it gives us the ability to have 2 players that might need to drop deeper.

Although we could get round this by using Pratley or by going 5 at the back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great news but tempered by the recall clause.
    W Ham are surely not going to willingly let Cullen run down his contract ?
    They'll be encouraging us and everyone else to buy him in January.
    So I'd say it's 50/50 that he's with us for the second half of the season.
  • Options
     :) 
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    mart77 said:
    Fingers crossed we’ll have him for a few years to come 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
    That’s code for he’s not getting a new contract with West Ham but if you want to buy him .... otherwise we’ll sell him to someone else 
    Spot on
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Fantastic signing, over the moon with it.

The recall is there for West Ham to protect themselves and their asset as such. With Cullen turning 24 in April next year, I don’t believe they would be entitled for a compensation fee if he were to join either us or another club next summer. It could be so that if he does well between now and January, they might either recall him to play, or to sell him.

However, I am confident he’s here for the season, and fingers crossed beyond that too.

Brilliant signing and huge well done to all involved. Gallen is relentless but he’s exactly what we need. Incredible job he is doing.

Great news with even more to come, let’s concentrate on building now instead of losing anything else. 
    I do wonder if that might make the recall a bit inevitable unless he a) is such a disaster for us no one else wants to sign him, or b) we can find ourselves in a position to sign him permanently.

It's hard to see West Ham letting hm stay on loan for the full season purely out of the goodness of their heart and then have him leave for nothing next summer.

I suppose they might leave him with us and then offer him a new deal and a better chance of games at West Ham if he 'proves himself' with a good season in the Championship.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Cullen at the base of the diamond, JFC on the left, Williams on the right, Aneke on the point.

Nothing wrong with that...
    Based on Saturday's showing, JFC has a way to go to reach his previous performance levels prior to his knee ligament injury. Fingers crossed he'll get there.
  • Options
    That is a great photo
  • Options
    Really happy with this one! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very happy with this news, albeit I suspect only until Jan.  we still need two strikers, a RB and two midfielders tomorrow though... plus no one leaving!  Assuming Harriot is one that would leave Herbie Kane, Parrot, Moult and Young? 
  • Options
    Can the title to the thread please be changed to read “ Josh Cullen signs on a 5 month loan with possibility that it might be extended to end of season with consent of WHU “ 
  • Options
    Usual madness, how do we get someone that good.
  • Options
    Really pleased to get Cullen back, an excellent player and really solid character too

A tribute to Bowyer that 3 players on loan or short term deals last season have returned
  • Options
    Well done Bow, Jacko and Gallen! But also Dillion and Lewis by the sounds of it 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Great news but----
    We all know
    Roland is  a sick man  getting us all excited then kicks us in the balls tomorrow!!🤬
  • Options
    Quality.

We will be up there come spring.