Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

++ Field of Dreams - Sam Field signs on loan from West Brom ++

Comments

• Options
    made his debut at Wembley against Spurs .. Premier experience, lots of England junior caps, and first spotted as a potential loanee (I think) by @ValleyGary .. welcome Sam and all the best of fortune in your time with CAFC
    Important experience for Spring Bank Holiday weekend 2020 ...
  • Options
    The team is starting to look good, as thing stand.  

Phillips
    Solly
    Lockyer
    Sarr/Pearce
    Purrington
    Field
    Williams
    Cullen
    Aneke
    Taylor
    Leko
    Then we've a bench of:

Amos | Sarr / Pearce | Oshilaja | Gallagher | Pratley | Bonne | Matt Taylor (Potentially)
    And, just like that, JFC is consigned to the rubbish bin...
  • Options

Phillips
    Solly
    Lockyer
    Sarr/Pearce
    Purrington
    Field
    Williams
    Cullen
    Aneke
    Taylor
    Leko
    Then we've a bench of:

Amos | Sarr / Pearce | Oshilaja | Gallagher | Pratley | Bonne | Matt Taylor (Potentially)
    And just like that I typically forget someone as I always do!!
  • Options

Phillips
    Solly
    Lockyer
    Sarr/Pearce
    Purrington
    Field
    Williams
    Cullen
    Aneke
    Taylor
    Leko
    Then we've a bench of:

Always (at least) one (deliberate) mistake in a match preview ;)
  • Options

Phillips
    Solly
    Lockyer
    Sarr/Pearce
    Purrington
    Field
    Williams
    Cullen
    Aneke
    Taylor
    Leko
    Then we've a bench of:

Always (at least) one (deliberate) mistake in a match preview ;)
    Yes... deliberate...
  • Options
    This is...starting to look like a squad. Don't know if it's got enough quality in depth, but it's a squad 
  • Options
    Seems like a good signing and with him, Cullen and Gallagher we now have a very talented young midfield
  • Options
    Field of the Cloth of Gold if he had come from Wolves rather than the Baggies.
  • Options
    uie2 said:
    Bowyer would have played with the West Brom manager (his name ! Minds gone blank) at West Ham right!? Mate contacts 
    Slaven Bilic played for Wet Spam in 1996-1997 and managed the Hamsters 2015-2017.

Lord Bowyer played for them in 2003 and 2006-2009.
    Well got that wrong lol 
  • Options
    SamB09 said:
    Can he play against WBA?

No.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seems like a good signing and with him, Cullen and Gallagher we now have a very talented young midfield
    That is the risk we are taking with this years squad.  Definitely talented but are they up for the challenge with very little championship experience.  I have a feeling we will avoid relegation but not thinking we are top half of the table. 
  • Options
    no mention of season long?
    Season long loan.
  • Options
    Field can be recalled in January. 
  • Options
    Well,if he is we'll just plough on without him for the rest of the season
  • Options
    As can Cullen
  • Options
    Well,if he is we'll just plough on without him for the rest of the season
    Hopefully he has sown the seeds of success by that point
  • Options
    Thoughts of my mate (a baggies season ticket holder). Sounds promising..

“he’s a good lad hasn’t really had a look in last couple of seasons which is a real shame he played a lot under Moore and was one of our better players but for some reason never kicked in from there. Would be disappointed to see him leave. He showed given a run of games he can produce would be a great addition for you. 
    Leko is another good player mate!!! Bowyer making some good moves here.”
  • Options
    I think we will lose Cullen in January.  They will recall him unless a fee is paid.  We will offer academy compensation and Gold will want seven figures. Won't happen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Welcome Sam, I'm putting all the dreadful puns out to grass, suffice to say we hope your time in SE7 is mutually beneficial, if you could nip out to Argos and get yourself something to deal with that terrible bumfluff, all the better.
  • Options
    I’ve got a West Brom mate he’s far too positive a person , so I’d take this with a pinch of salt 

“2 good loaners mate Field really good, Leko can be game changer on his day but tries to do too much too often.”
  • Options
    I’ve got a West Brom mate he’s far too positive a person , so I’d take this with a pinch of salt 

“2 good loaners mate Field really good, Leko can be game changer on his day but tries to do too much too often.”
    Sorry oohaa I am not having that.....................you, have a positive mate....Nah!!  ;)
  • Options

Only half positive from a far too positive person.
  • Options
    Amateurs - it’s “taking the Field” obviously.
    I'd have thought, 'We're having a Field day'!
  • Options
    Can we combine field puns with fish puns?
  • Options
    Can we combine field puns with fish puns?
    Very corny...👍,I can't hake any more of these fish puns,but someone will have a field day

anyways brilliant signing for us,another one pulled out of the bag by the 3 supremos LB/SG/JJ
  • Options
    A fine catch.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Looking on West Brom fan board.... here is a summary of their thoughts re Sam Field.

"too good for U23, not good enough for the PL".... "has the talent, needs to learn the role in midfield".... "perfect, can learn from a coach who played midfield himself"...."needed a season away, should have been loaned out before now".... "my bet is he has a great season and proves people here wrong"... "best as a defensive midfielder that can screen the defence and tackle".... "I've got a horrible feeling that we'll sell him he'll go and be the worldie of a player that everyone hoped he'd be here"...."make or break for his career, he needs to impress"...."is an excellent passer, and has the potential to develop further"...."isn't somebody who really shields the back line so he can't be a main defensive midfielder, and he isn't a true attacking mid either"...."is a bit of a Borja Valero style player with a great passing range."