Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Under 18's updates - 23/24 season (from p49), play-off final v Birmingham Sat 25th May 1pm (p63)

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for updates @Swisdom

Apart from the goal hanger DK :smile: did anyone else shine?

In true Golfie style can we moan about the defence?
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    6-3 all over
    Thanks for the update service Swisdom.
  • Options
    Thanks for the updates @Swisdom
    It was 6 again. Amazing. Never known anything like it from a youth team.  Something like 36 goals in 7-8 games isn't it!
  • Options
    Peterborough Utd Lost 0-2
    Sheffield Utd Draw 3-3
    Crewe Alexandra Won 1-0
    Hull City Won 5-1
    Queens Park Rangers* Won 4-0
    Swansea City Won 3-0
    Cardiff City Won 4-3
    Millwall* Won 6-3
    Bristol City Won 6-0
    Colchester Utd Won 3-2
    Worthing* Won 3-1
    AFC Wimbledon* Won 2-0 aet
    Colchester Utd* Lost 4-6
    Northampton Town* Won 6-0
    Millwall Won 5-1
    Ipswich Town Draw 4-4
    Watford Won 6-0
    Queens Park Rangers Won 6-3

*Cup game
  • Options
    Feels like another Jermaine Defoe situation. He’s surely to good to sign a contract with us? 

Have we ever had a youth striker so prolific? 
    Lookman
    Lookman was clearly a different level when coming through but he wasn't this prolific. Kanu is taking the piss and clearly very, very talented. We need to get him to sign ASAP 
  • Options
    I would say Grant was as prolific and was in the under 23s at 16/17 from memory.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Feels like another Jermaine Defoe situation. He’s surely to good to sign a contract with us? 

Lookman
    Lookman was clearly a different level when coming through but he wasn't this prolific. Kanu is taking the piss and clearly very, very talented. We need to get him to sign ASAP 
    You'd think if he was going to stay he would've signed up by now. I can't see us having not offered him a deal.
  • Options
    I would say Grant was as prolific and was in the under 23s at 16/17 from memory.
    Maybe my memory deceiving me then, but I can't remember KAG scoring this many. Every time I see a youth thread bumped on here he seems to be getting at least a brace. Must have more  goals than appearances this year?
  • Options
    Someone said 23 the other day so assume now at 27? U18's have played 17 and a few U23s
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Maybe my memory deceiving me then, but I can't remember KAG scoring this many. Every time I see a youth thread bumped on here he seems to be getting at least a brace. Must have more  goals than appearances this year?
    The U18s have only played 18 games and he's scored 24 goals. The available information is incomplete, but he certainly hasn't started all 18 games.
  • Options
    Thank you Swisdom for all the up dates on this game and others you do
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Lookman
    I seem to remember Lookman bagging a hat-trick every other week for the U18s, and then repeating the feat for the U23s when he was moved.
  • Options
    There was a rumour yesterday that he has signed already hope tgats correct although I'm not sure if that is correct as I cant seeing it not being announced with fanfare if it was. With the club being open about signing young players that can develop with the club I cant see TS happy if he leaves
  • Options
    Hows that jeremy santos getting on? I thought he would have broken through this season .. i know hes a bit older
  • Options
    A one year deal? What the point of that for us?

Anyone got any other information. Losing this kid will really hurt!
  • Options
    Sadly all the while we are stuck in league one, there is very little chance we will be able to keep Kanu longer term when bigger clubs come knocking.

We will certainly offer a quicker route to first team football, but a PL club can offer him 10-15k a week which is peanuts to them and a fortune to us.

If he's as good as his record suggests, i'd bet good money he won't still be with us by the time he's 20.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Sadly all the while we are stuck in league one, there is very little chance we will be able to keep Kanu longer term when bigger clubs come knocking.

We will certainly offer a quicker route to first team football, but a PL club can offer him 10-15k a week which is peanuts to them and a fortune to us.

If he's as good as his record suggests, i'd bet good money he won't still be with us by the time he's 20.
    It's not just the league but the academy category that would change things. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maccn05 said:
    A one year deal? What the point of that for us?

Anyone got any other information. Losing this kid will really hurt!
    We get a proper fee for him.
  • Options
    If the U18s can see off Accrington they will play Brighton at home. They beat Man City 1-0 this afternoon.
  • Options
    Yes, will be watching, looking forward to observe the progress off the U18's, seen all the games so far.

• Options
  • Options
    We look a class above here
  • Options
    0-1 Kanu, looking really impressive here
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Kanu 1-0

Who else.