Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Under 18's updates - 23/24 season (from p49), play-off final v Birmingham Sat 25th May 1pm (p63)

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2023
    Swisdom said:
    seth plum said:
    Barnsley are busy at the moment, and it might seem an afterthought for many up there, and maybe no biggie for people at Charlton, but I hope there is at least a stream given the kick off time, and somebody makes informing us about this a top priority.
    Totally agree, Seth.

At least this thread will give a heads up to anyone interested in the match but the OS should be announcing the details sooner rather than later.

IMO, it's as, if not more important than the Legends game. 

I agree - but my father, and boss is sponsoring the Legends game so it's rude of me not to be there really...

I'm sure he'll understand.
    DO come & introduce yourself , unless of course, you're in the Directors' Box. 

We'll be the couple of wrinklies with our Sainsbury's cheese sarnies & flask of tea....

We know our place  B)
  • Options
    I know, I know....this is getting silly and I'm seriously concerned about the state of my mind.

Just thought I'd take a look to see if there is an announcement yet on the OS ( there isn't) and because I'm a control freak, looked to check the Academy fixtures, and it appears that the match details have disappeared ! 

Send for the men in white coats please unless you can advise me that I'm hallucinating ! 
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    I know, I know....this is getting silly and I'm seriously concerned about the state of my mind.

Just thought I'd take a look to see if there is an announcement yet on the OS ( there isn't) and because I'm a control freak, looked to check the Academy fixtures, and it appears that the match details have disappeared ! 

Send for the men in white coats please unless you can advise me that I'm hallucinating ! 
    You will have to wait for Olly
    to come back and sort it all out
  • Options
    I hope for detailed news about this today.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I hope for detailed news about this today.
    Charlton's U18s will take on Barnsley at Oakwell in the Professional Development League 2 play-off final on Saturday, May 20th (12pm KO).

Supporters can attend this weekend's final in South Yorkshire. Those attending are advised to park in the South Stand car park, with entry via the West Stand, gate eight.

The club intend to live stream the match on CharltonTV. A live streaming update will be announced in due course.

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/details-confirmed-u18s-play-final

• Options
    Anyone planning on making the trip ? 
    Trains booked, i'll be there, hopefully.

https://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/20232/may/u18s-play-off-final/
    It’s fitting that the respective league winners should be playing out this showpiece finale, with an incredible 165 goals scored between each side over the course of an enthralling campaign.

Supporters wishing to attend this fixture can do so for FREE, with entry via the DX West Stand only. For anyone travelling to Oakwell by car, please park in the CK Beckett South Stand car park and not on Grove Street.

Refreshments will be available to purchase from the West Stand kiosk.

• Options
    Great stuff, Clive. See you there ! 
  • Options
    Train?
  • Options
    nah kick off still too early. Great if the stream happens 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2023
    seth plum said:
    Train?
    Maybe you could car share with someone who is going?

Not Fanny of course as Mr FF is taking her on a romantic getaway.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Train?

Wouldn't be a problem but we are travelling on Friday & staying overnight...
  • Options
    Bump.
  • Options
    If there is to be a stream are plans being made in a timely fashion?
    Will the coverage be done by a Barnsley person operating a camera at Oakwell? Will the feed be thoroughly tested well in advance to make sure it works? Will somebody at Charlton ensure the broadcast on Charlton TV? Will the coverage be monitored sufficiently to ensure an instant response if something like connection is lost?
    We do not require commentary, especially if that provides an extra layer of things that might go wrong.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Train?

Seth would fit very nicely between the two of you. No imagination.......  ;)
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    seth plum said:
    Train?

Not sure how that might work when we are watching tv, in bed, demolishing our burger & chips in an attempt to keep costs to the bare minimum .....
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    seth plum said:
    Train?

Not sure how that might work when we are watching tv, in bed, demolishing our burger & chips in an attempt to keep costs to the bare minimum .....
    You'd have to eat a vegan burger for a start  ;)
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    seth plum said:
    Train?

You'd have to eat a vegan burger for a start  ;)
    ...hence the unlikely picture I tried to paint ! 
  • Options
    BUMP.

Any news regarding a live stream yet ?
  • Options
    Perhaps the lengthy email I sent last night was worthwhile....
    They’d be daft to ignore Fanny
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    An update is flagged to be done in ‘due course’, whatever that means. Kick off is less than 48 hours away.
  • Options
    I'm absolutely gutted but I just can't make it to this.  I really hope they go on to win handsomely but they'll have to do it without me watching
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    I'm absolutely gutted but I just can't make it to this.  I really hope they go on to win handsomely but they'll have to do it without me watching
    Washing your hair ?  ;)
  • Options
    Applause to those hardy supporters making the trip!
    I shall be ŵatching the stream, and feeling a little guilty, 
              COYR !
  • Options
    Great update.
    Charlotte Richardson is decent in commentary, I am looking forward to her saying 'The fird goal followed a frow in that led to a frew ball from our number free to Kanu who slotted it home from free yards out'.
    There is a certain charm about the way she talks.
  • Options
    Hooray !!!!

COYA !!