Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Under 18's updates - 23/24 season (from p49), play-off final v Birmingham Sat 25th May 1pm (p63)

Comments

• Options
    I don't think it was a huge connection, but it was a handball. That's such a shame after all the good work we've done so far.
  • Options
    Was that a penalty? If anything, it was ball to hand. Not even sure it hit the hand 
  • Options
    Soft penalty, but if that had been at the other end, we'd have been screaming for it
  • Options
    harsh pen too!
  • Options
    Crap pen decision but 1-0 ...
  • Options
    Last year revisited.
    Very unfortunate.
  • Options
    Bizarre penalty dec ision

• Options
    CafcWest said:
    Asiimwe looks a real prospect
    Agree, great composure and control in tight spaces (no Kenneth)
  • Options
    CafcWest said:
    Penalty a bit soft…
    Understatement, trouble is handball decisions these days are a joke, no intent not handball as far as I’m concerned. Still I’m old school.
  • Options
    What a save Kone!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great effort by their number 3. We looked a bit ragged at the back then, we need HT
  • Options
    Phew, great save by Kone, and Barnsley put the rebound away but are flagged offside.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Thought Anderson has played really well.
    Also impressed with Barnsley's number 3 has to be said. Some quality crosses and a great hit at the end there
  • Options
    Asimwe, Anderson, Mitchell have caught the eye.

How many goals has Kanu got this season? Problem is I'm not sure he fits into a role in a 3 man attack.
  • Options
    I really like Kone 😁
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    That looked a tight offside to me.
    He looked off to me even from the camera angle which he has a tendency to be. He’s needs to watch that last defender and time his runs better, still young though and learning with time to improve.
  • Options
    Soft penalty, but if that had been at the other end, we'd have been screaming for it
    I wouldn't to be honest Kandf, I think it was very harsh, and would have thought the same at the other end.   
  • Options
    Yes!! 1-1
  • Options
    Great ball from Casey to release Kanu, who rounded the keeper and crossed for Rylah to head home.
  • Options
    Typical, we equalise while I'm in the kitchen!

Was Kanu offside?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oooh!! and then Casey chases the ball down from  the kick of and Kanu's shot goes just wide.
  • Options
    Well done lads.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    That looked a tight offside to me.
    He looked off to me even from the camera angle which he has a tendency to be. He’s needs to watch that last defender and time his runs better, still young though and learning with time to improve.
    There you go my pep talk worked timed his run to perfection and an assist 😉
  • Options
    Good start to second half 
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Football at this stage of player development has rather a special quality.
    Certainly very rarely boring.
    Sport at a pure kind of level.
  • Options
    A word of warning, tiredness can play a part in the final stages of these games.
  • Options
    Erk, Barnsley have gone close a couple of times in the last couple of minutes. Hopefully we can keep our concentration up at the back.
  • Options
    And it all kicks off near the lino. Not sure what started that.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Great update.
    Charlotte Richardson is decent in commentary, I am looking forward to her saying 'The fird goal followed a frow in that led to a frew ball from our number free to Kanu who slotted it home from free yards out'.
    There is a certain charm about the way she talks.
    Fanks for that Seff :-:smiley:

• Options
    An incident.