Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Under 18's updates (23/24 season from page 49)

Comments

• Options
    Nine games
    Nine wins
    36 goals scored
    Six conceded
    Charlton's U18s

• Options
    Won 4-3 at Wigan Athletic (north section leaders), today.
    Ipswich lost at Birmingham, so the gap grows to 7pts. Two wins from the last three games would clinch top spot.
  • Options
    Daniel Kanu scored 3 in 4-1 win against Pompey.  He now has 11 goals in 4 games 
  • Options
    What age group are we talking about here please?
  • Options
    What age group are we talking about here please?
    Mix of u16’s and u18’s I believe 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great team spirit there. Slightly surprised to see Henry playing with the U18s, I suppose they want as strong a side as possible whereas the U21s aren't really going anywhere
  • Options
    40 goals in last ten league matches. Scoring 4+ in 7 of those matches. Those numbers are frankly ridiculous
  • Options
    I thoroughly enjoyed the Wigan highlights. Some excellent action and goals.

Hopefully the Play-Off semi-final and, all being well, the final, will be available to watch live on our YouTube channel or Valley Pass. One of the very few highlights of 2016 (other than the protests against Duchatelet) was watching the Under 18s in a cracking national final at The Valley.
  • Options
    Todays results

Charlton 1-0 Coventry City
    Ipswich 0-2 Hull City

The Under 18s have won the South section title with 2 games remaining, and will play Birmingham or Sheff Utd in the play off semi final.
    Interview with my Irish cousin Anthony at HT on Charlton TV talking about his U18s team winning the league.

11 league wins in a row now.
  • Options
    Well done to them. Hopefully we will see a few of them coming through under Adkins
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Well done to them. Hopefully we will see a few of them coming through under Adkins
    Hopefully we will see some of the under 23’s coming through quickly and Cat 1 ASAP so other clubs can’t nick our players for free.
  • Options
    Does anyone have the stats (appearances and goals) from this season?

Couldn't find anything on the website and can't be arsed to count through every single game.

All i can see via this thread is that Kanu is on a hot streak of a ridiculous 11 goals in 4 games.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kanu must be at a younger level.

Not seen his name on the U18s line ups
  • Options
    When do players find out if they are being retained etc?
  • Options

U16’s but has played for the u18’s. 

He scored another goal at the weekend - seems to be a proper player.
  • Options

Couldn't find anything on the website and can't be arsed to count through every single game.

All i can see via this thread is that Kanu is on a hot streak of a ridiculous 11 goals in 4 games.
    Stats are here:

http://youthhawk.co.uk/w/index.php/Charlton_Athletic_Under-18s#section_2
  • Options
    When do players find out if they are being retained etc?
    Usually around now, possibly earlier. We always used to list next season’s new u18s in one of the last home programmes of the season (and might still do?).
  • Options
    I wonder if they will let a few more of the U23's go than usual to make way for more of this exciting U18 bunch.  There seems a few older ones who haven't really pushed on this season and given the weaknesses in our team then 20+ year olds who have not yet got game time are unlikely to I would have thought.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Stats are here:

http://youthhawk.co.uk/w/index.php/Charlton_Athletic_Under-18s#section_2
    Good site
  • Options

U16’s but has played for the u18’s. 

He scored another goal at the weekend - seems to be a proper player.
    Thanks @ElliotCAFC

Four games and one goal so far
  • Options
    I wonder if they will let a few more of the U23's go than usual to make way for more of this exciting U18 bunch.  There seems a few older ones who haven't really pushed on this season and given the weaknesses in our team then 20+ year olds who have not yet got game time are unlikely to I would have thought.
    On the other hand given we might have a slightly better budget we could take a risk on keeping some on for another year in case they come good.

Wassim is a good example. Seemed a great prospect but only just come back from a very long spell out. Hope he gets another year (don't know his contract length)
  • Options
    Not the age group, but I see Davison scored a nice goal for Forest Green yesterday.