Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Under 18's updates (23/24 season from page 49)

Comments

• Options
    seth plum said:
    Until we can achieve a higher category there is more reason, as the club says, to provide a credible route through. Signings for signings sake is no encouragement for the young players, especially if the signings only have more experience to offer, but not more ability.
    Developing young players also represents a saving when resources are tight.
     Agree. 
  • Options

U18 Professional Development League 2 fixtures - 2021/22

August

Saturday, August 14th: Peterborough United v Charlton Athletic 11.30am

Saturday, August 21st: Charlton v Sheffield United 11am

Saturday, August 28th: Crewe Alexandra v Charlton 11am

https://www.cafc.co.uk/matches/u18-matches

• Options
    Hope Daniel Kanu stays with  us
  • Options
    Do we know of any of those offered contracts turned them down?  Not sure I would know where to look but think the club did announce whom they had offered contracts to.
  • Options
    Remember watching a youth tournament match a couple of years back and Seydil Toure was about twice the size of everyone else. Interested to see how he gets on this year.

Would be great to see Leaburn play for us one day as well.
  • Options
    Lost 2-0 at Peterborough Utd.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2021
    Drew 3-3 with Sheffield United, this morning.
    A little bit of detail: All of the goals came in the 2nd half. Charlton fell behind three times, but managed to equalise on each occasion.

Scorers: Mack Reilly (67), Daniel Kanu (82 and 90+3)
  • Options
    The U18s have clinched their first win of the season with a 1-0 win at Crewe. 
  • Options
    The U18s have clinched their first win of the season with a 1-0 win at Crewe. 
    A clean sheet win.

• Options
    clive said:
    I presume that Kedwell is Danny's son (the ex-Welling Striker?)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2021
    My coffee hadn't kicked in and I was wondering what Waggy and Danny Hollands was doing in the picture ?
    8 years ago !

Danny kegwell is the manager of Cray Wanderers and in a pre season match I saw he came on as sub. Has put on even more timber but is still a beast in his Cameo up front at 38.
  • Options
    The U18s were 3-0 winners vs. Swansea City, this afternoon.
    Scorers: Daniel Kanu, Jason Adigun and Henry Rylah.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Wouldn’t it be great to see timely U18 and U23 highlights on the paid for service Charlton TV?
    Timely rather than the completely random system we pay for at the moment.
  • Options
    So hope these chaps sign up for us, we seem to have such a strong team and for once some real fire power in the kids.  I know he is only 17 but I wonder if Kanu could do a job in the first team?  Our strikers are hardly pulling up trees currently.