Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Under 18's updates (23/24 season from page 49)

Comments

• Options
    Lost 5-1 at Colchester Utd, this afternoon.
  • Options
    I did not want to press the Like button, because I did not like the score :) , but thank you for the update
  • Options
    Matches are so few and far between that I never understand when there are simultaneous under 18/23 matches. Bizarre. Chris Parkes out.....oh!

• Options
    Patrick Casey scored the goal. His 1st for the U18s (he scored a couple in the U17s PL Cup campaign).
  • Options
    Lost 2-1 to Barnsley. Adigun gave Charlton a half time lead, but two goals in the final 20 minutes turned it around for the visitors. Kedwell was sent off late on.

Info from the Barnsley academy twitter account.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Saw an article saying Brentford are sniffing round Ladapo and Adigun. Maybe hot air as Arsenal were supposed to be singing Kanu this time last year. Would be an excellent club for any youngster to sign pro terms with their record for bringing on talent. Wonder whether our academy status really matters when we are a floundering in League One club. 
  • Options
    It would be a ‘bad thing’ if we lost Ladapo or Adigun.
  • Options
    As they move into U23's and pick up results still a few are bound to be picked off I guess. 

The dream is we somehow persuade them to hang around 3 years and they take us back to the Championship (and beyond). 

10-15 years ago it was how you built your team/squad. 

Now as we have seen all too often we are lucky if we get a handful of games from the better ones.
  • Options
    I don’t expect to keep a Shelvey, Gomez or Lookman for long outside the Prem but others would stay for longer if we were progressing as a club, or at the very least we’d get bigger fees.

Burstow on the other hand potentially looks like it could be a good deal considering he’s not yet good enough to start despite us being mid table in L1. I hope he was sold as Chelsea met our valuation rather than TS being open to selling all players for £1.5m Orr so. If another Lookman comes through we should expect far more than we got for Burstow.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm hearing Mack Reilly has signed a pro contract. Seems to have done well this year so looks like good news. Any experts on here have an opinion on him?
  • Options
    I'm hearing Mack Reilly has signed a pro contract. Seems to have done well this year so looks like good news. Any experts on here have an opinion on him?
    Only the little I've seen and read but good players and prospect. Scores a few goals too.

If what you're hearing is true, not doubting you, then good news.
  • Options
    Good news if true.  I suspect a number of our U23s will be released end of season (likes of Clayden, Wassim, Powell, Vennings) so good to get as many of these U18's signed up as there should be plenty of space for them.
  • Options
    I like Mack.  A little unorthodox but very direct and seems quite an intelligent player.  Can go either way which, as a winger, is a good thing and defenders don’t. Like it
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    I like Mack.  A little unorthodox but very direct and seems quite an intelligent player.  Can go either way which, as a winger, is a good thing and defenders don’t. Like it
    Unorthodox in what way?
  • Options

VALLEY GOLD GOAL OF THE MONTH | March 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-Bng2aDAHQ
  • Options
    Drew 1-1 at Coventry City, today.

They have two more league matches to play before the play off semi-final (home game).
  • Options

They have two more league matches to play before the play off semi-final (home game).
    Is there a date for this yet, please, PP ? 
  • Options

Nothing definite. Saturday 14th May is the most likely date and Barnsley will probably be the opposition.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Nothing definite. Saturday 14th May is the most likely date and Barnsley will probably be the opposition.
    Thanks, PP.
  • Options
    Currently 0-2 down to Wigan.  Keeper hasn’t covered himself in glory thus far

wigsn are big and strong boys
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Currently 0-2 down to Wigan.  Keeper hasn’t covered himself in glory thus far

wigsn are big and strong boys
    Bit of a thorn in our side at U18 level arent they Wigan!!
  • Options
    Didn’t think Wigan were in our league. Is this a play off game? 
  • Options
    Didn’t think Wigan were in our league. Is this a play off game? 
    Wigan are in the Northern Division

Dont know how fixtures work - But we still play the Northern teams throughout the season.
  • Options
    No sign of Kanu thus far.  I wonder if he might be involved later
  • Options
    In league terms the U18’s have walked away with it.
    I would be delighted to see some youngsters this afternoon, but Kanu only got a hat trick last Tuesday, so some may still say he has to prove his worth for consideration😃
  • Options
    0-2 at the break. Wigan’s goalkeeper looks to be very good indeed and is very vocal. Our goalkeeper looks like an accident waiting to happen.

we will have the wind behind us in the second half which may maker a difference
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    0-2 at the break. Wigan’s goalkeeper looks to be very good indeed and is very vocal. Our goalkeeper looks like an accident waiting to happen.

we will have the wind behind us in the second half which may maker a difference
    Is it Kone or Molyneaux in Goal for us today?