Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Under 18's updates (23/24 season from page 49)

Comments

• Options
    Not Kone.  I really rate him.  It’s a fair haired lad
  • Options
    2-1 we’ll worked corner finished by Adigun
  • Options
    So close, off the woodwork for us 
  • Options
    All over 1-2

we had all the possession but the conditions made it hard to play football and the big northern lads take the win.  
  • Options
    Can’t find a report but I see that the Under 18s had a good 4-3 win yesterday up at Sheffield Wednesday.

Looking forward to the National semi-final.
  • Options
    According to the website fixture list U18's playing Sheffield Wed today. Anyone know if we can watch this game?
  • Options
    According to the website fixture list U18's playing Sheffield Wed today. Anyone know if we can watch this game?
    According to Sheffield Wednesday's website, the fixture was played on the 29th April & we won 4-3.
    https://www.swfc.co.uk/matches/under-18-fixtures/
  • Options
    I thought that there was some sort of playoff between the winners of the southern section against the winners of the northern section of the league. Was this the Wednesday game or is there another fixture to come. If it was the Sheff Wednesday fixture, why wasn't it promoted more?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2022
    I thought that there was some sort of playoff between the winners of the southern section against the winners of the northern section of the league. Was this the Wednesday game or is there another fixture to come. If it was the Sheff Wednesday fixture, why wasn't it promoted more?
    There will be a Semi-Final and then the Final - It wasnt the Sheffield Wednesday fixture, it looks like it'll be Barnsley that we face, and then Colchester or Sheffield United in the Final

https://uk.soccerway.com/national/england/professional-u18-development-league-2/20212022/regular-season/r64113/
  • Options
    Cheers FA
  • Options
    Ruben Reid (?) looks a decent threat down the left hand side
  • Options
    Unlucky not to be ahead... Ball finds its way through to one of our attackers.

Had a lot of the net to aim at, as the Goalkeeper was out of position - But recovered to make a save
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    1-0 just before HT (30min halves) - Luke Northwood

Tap in at the back post
  • Options

Tap in at the back post
    Us or them? 
  • Options

Tap in at the back post
    Us or them? 
    Us.  Currently 2-0.
  • Options
    CafcWest said:

Tap in at the back post
    Us or them? 
    Us.  Currently 2-0.
    oops...now 3-0!!
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Love the way that they’re trying to play GarnerBall in a 433 formation. You can hear the coaches encouraging the boys to pass the ball and look after the ball (not give it away) …. Refreshing 

edit: Finished 3-1. Glenavon got a consolation goal at the death. 

We have some diddy players in this team who are unlikely to meet the CL height test 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    3-1
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    All over... that consolation goal for Glenavon was right at the death.

Did we not play Linfield in this competition a year or two ago?
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    3-1
    FT 3-1.  Charlton win the Supecup NI under 15.
  • Options
    I was watching without sounds and didn't realise they only play 60mins! Thought some of the celebrations were a bit premature!
  • Options
    That was fun! Hopefully some stars of the future there.
  • Options
    Congratulation to the U14 winning the final. the quality of the football was a lot better than I expected and our lads played the 4 3 3 formation very well. they showed the first team how it should be done.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    msomerton said:
    Congratulation to the U14 winning the final. the quality of the football was a lot better than I expected and our lads played the 4 3 3 formation very well. they showed the first team how it should be done.
    The first goal was a blueprint of how we want to play, centre of the front free dropped deep, dragging centre backs with him, played in  one wide forward in to set up the other for the goal.
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    The first goal was a blueprint of how we want to play, centre of the front free dropped deep, dragging centre backs with him, played on wide forward in to set up the other for the goal.
    Who hits it wide ;)
  • Options
    Just to clarify i Think it was an 2008 group of players so a mix of u14 and u15 players
  • Options

Tap in at the back post
    Interesting factoid - Lukes older brother Liam was a goalie in the academy for a good few years alongside Aaron Henry and co but was released.  

His father had to really think hard about his son joining Charlton because of the experience but he’s happy with his progress now.

his old man, Steve, was a decent ‘keeper too at non league level -and is an old opponent of mine from yesteryear.

his daughter is also shit hot - got some dammed fine genes it seems but delighted they got the win