Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Barnsley v Charlton | Sat 17 Aug | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2019
    A draw. Lets go with 1-1. I’d be more than Ok with that tbh.
  • Options
    Scrappy 1-0 Charlton win. Purrington 
  • Options
    Happy to get a draw

Interesting psychology as for both teams it will be the first time they'll be playing a team where they aren't underdogs. 
  • Options
    Surprise win for us. 2-1
  • Options
    Another 0-1 here, Williams must be due. 🤞
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Anybody know who their decent players are other than Willks?
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

... we're all so disappointed that Happy Valley has proved [himself] a deviant.

Exactly. As recently as Aug 9th I posted this:

No snide digs at Happy Valley allowed! At this time of dizzying changes, backtracking and equivocation, he alone is a rock of consistency. His weekly forecast is my comfort blanket.

Little did I know he would go rogue so soon thereafter. Another idol with feet of clay!
  • Options
    Just done the LoveSport fans show and the Barnsley guy said they lost some key players they haven’t replaced this season and were poor against Carlisle.  That said we were poor against Forest Green, and they haven’t lost at home in so long 

still think we could surprise them though and carry on the good form.  

2-0 to us.

• Options
    A win for the super Addicks. Taylor to score and 2-0 win. COYR!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anybody know who their decent players are other than Willks?
    McGeehan in Midfield and Thiam will need to be warched!!
  • Options
    I called last Saturdays score,hoping it will go the same way with another win this week too,gonna go 2-1 Aneke & Williams

LB's Red & White Army
  • Options
    I thought we got promoted to get away from teams like this. Bloody dull yorkies.....

2-0 because we play with 10 men as Bowyer is making a point about Hamed.
  • Options
    First time we will get to see that lovely away kit...

The kind of game that I wouldn’t expect us to get anything from if it was being played on a wet and windy December afternoon but as it is I am feeling confident.

Another 2-1 to the Addicks. Pearce and Gallagher on the score sheet.
  • Options
    I think it's a 2-1 to the mighty reds of Charlton Atheltic... With Gallagher smashing one in with 7 minutes to go from just outside the box ... this boy wants to show he has everything in his locker... 
  • Options
    Think we might get a point here. Don’t think they are as strong as last year. 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Bowyer will be looking for three I am sure. If we achieved that, it would be an amazing start. Almost too good to be true. In the context of our start though, one point would still be decent.
  • Options
    Comfortable away win 6-0.
    Is that supposed to be funny? Disappointed in you.
    Just history repeating itself.
  • Options
    Another 0-1 here, Williams must be due. 🤞
    He scores, what, once every year and a half on average so don't hold your breath.
  • Options
    Barnsley looked very good in their 1st  home game. Feel both our full backs could come under pressure.

Will stick to the empty glass approach and go for 2-1 to the home side.

I have a 100% incorrect record on Cafc this season, so long may it last.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    1-1 Taylor (pen) for us
  • Options
    3-2 to the Addicks

Leko winner 

Taylor doesn't score and the "he doesn't care, his body language on the radio showed he wants to leave" nonsense begins
  • Options
    Big week this, not necessarily in terms of points, but I think a week on Sunday we will have a much better idea how this season may play out. 

The most "Charlton" result will be a 3-0 defeat, the most "Bowyer" one a hard won 2-1 victory.  I am hoping for the later obviously. 
  • Options
    Be happy with a draw - any points are welcome.
  • Options
    Oztumer off the bench to score his first!
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Redrobo said:
    Going to be curious if he's match fit ahead of tomorrow - Its a shame we couldnt get the deal done before Forest Green, I wonder what with Bolton having friendlies called off that he'll be a bit behind like Sam Field so wont be appearing straight away

Has certainly been signed in time to be involved for Barnsley to prove me wrong though
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Going to be curious if he's match fit ahead of tomorrow

Has certainly been signed in time to be involved
    I think he has been playing so hopefully will be.
  • Options
    I have a soft spot for Barnsley.I knew a former Chairman of theirs John Dennis,through business,and learnt a lot about how a football club is run.They are a well run family club,they welcome away supporters,and although havent done much away travelling in recent years always looked forward to going to oakwell.Having sung their praises,no reason for the lads to fear this trip,we are on a high and I certainly feel a win is not beyond us,then with two home games to come,the league table could look quite healthy.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    Going to be curious if he's match fit ahead of tomorrow

Has certainly been signed in time to be involved
    I think he has been playing so hopefully will be.
    Played one for Bolton this season, can't imagine he has lost much in two weeks. 
  • Options
    2-1 Charlton- Leko puts us 1 up. Pearce with a bullet header for the winner