Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Barnsley v Charlton | Sat 17 Aug | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Redrobo said:
    Oztumer off the bench to score his first!
    Not tomorrow
  • Options
    1-1 , Pearce with a late equaliser , from a corner.
  • Options
    6-0 the last time I went to Oakwell. A repeat of that would do just fine. This Saturday I will be in Barnsley, but umpiring. If it’s rained off by 2 I’ll be hot-footing it there. 
  • Options
    1-0 loss
  • Options
    Very happy with a 1-1. They will be desperate not to lose at home.
  • Options
  • Options
    Charlton boys making all the noise win 2-1, Lyle & OG
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thos could be a real six pointer come May so we could do with avoiding defeat. But this is Barnsley and 6-0 aside our rwcord is mixed at best. 1-0 to Barnsley.
  • Options
    2-0 Barnsley 
    back to reality. 
  • Options
    I thought we got promoted to get away from teams like this. Bloody dull yorkies.....

Since Charlton were relegated from the Prem in 2007 ....... in those 12 seasons, we've spent 6 seasons in the Championship and 6 in the Third Division.

In that same period, Barnsley have spent only 2 seasons in the Third Division and 10 seasons in the Championship.

• Options
    Extract from the Barnsley Chronicle:

" [Barnsley first team coach] Tonge said: “Charlton have had a great start and will be full of confidence. Certain people might expect certain things out of the game but it will be a really, really difficult test. We don’t see Charlton and Luton as newly-promoted teams, we see them as quality Championship opposition. 

"Charlton had a very similar summer to ours in terms of losing a lot of players but they have kept the momentum. Lyle Taylor is a massive threat and a fantastic player. His goals to games ratio in the last year and a half has been up there with the best. They have dangerous players around him like Jonny Williams and Conor Gallagher.” 

https://www.barnsleychronicle.com/article/barnsley-hope-for-positive-reaction-to-difficult-week
  • Options
    3:3
  • Options
    This will not be as easy as some people think. Barnsley haven't lost a home league game for 17 months.

1-1.
    Due a home defeat then.
    0-1
    A late lyle  Taylor goal.
  • Options
    Will be tight,  a late first half goal from Taylor puts us in front. Second half Barnsley push forward for a point, then on 84 we break for 2-0 win. 
  • Options
    Not a bad preview on the BBC Sport site: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49302344.  Some interesting stats too.

• Options
    Hard to get any result in this league, would take 1-1 now, but will be hard fought. Tip of the cap to our band of travellers. Do us proud as you always do!!   COYRS!!
  • Options
    cafc-west said:
    Not a bad preview on the BBC Sport site: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49302344.  Some interesting stats too.

• "No team has fewer shots in the Championship than Charlton (14) - however, no team has scored more often than the Addicks (5), converting 36% of their efforts at goal so far this season."

Blimey, whoever thought we'd be regarded as clinical in front of goal?

Joint highest goals scored in the League (erm ... after only 2 matches, of course),
    from the fewest chances.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2019
    0-2 Charlton. 

Taylor & Oztumer 

• Options
    1-1 Johnny W to open his account.
  • Options
    2-2 nailed on 
  • Options
    Excellent preview as always @ForeverAddickted. No mini preview from me this weekend due to having far too much personal work to do, I really haven't had the time.

Think we will go back to the diamond for this tomorrow and see one or two changes from the side that started last weekend.

Phillips
    Solly Lockyer Pearce Purrington
    Cullen
    Pratley Gallagher
    Williams
    Taylor Aneke

Amos, Oshilaja, Sarr, Field, Forster-Caskey, Oztumer, Leko

Barnsley 1-1 Charlton Athletic
    Taylor
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Sage said:
    Excellent preview as always @ForeverAddickted. No mini preview from me this weekend due to having far too much personal work to do, I really haven't had the time.

Think we will go back to the diamond for this tomorrow and see one or two changes from the side that started last weekend.

Phillips
    Cullen
    Pratley Gallagher
    Williams
    Taylor Aneke

Taylor
    Oztumer is not going to be in the squad. Surely Chucks will be on the bench.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    This will not be as easy as some people think. Barnsley haven't lost a home league game for 17 months.

1-1.
    In that case I can see this being one of those occassions where Paddy Power tweet Barnsley's updated home record after tomorrow's match, like they did with Luton's long unbeaten run last season ...

• Options
    Redrobo said:
    Sage said:

Phillips
    Cullen
    Pratley Gallagher
    Williams
    Taylor Aneke

Taylor
    Oztumer is not going to be in the squad. Surely Chucks will be on the bench.
    Although he only joined this morning, I would prefer to have Oztumer on the bench than Bonne who is clearly not ready for this level nor would he even come on. That’s why I’ve included him.

I also think we will look to have raw pace come off the bench in Leko than starting. That’s why I have included Aneke, as well as scoring after coming on last weekend, looking better when we went to the diamond and getting an hour into him on Tuesday.

Doesn’t mean that team will be the team, but that’s the team I would go for and wouldn’t be surprised if Bow went something like it too.
  • Options
    Tough won this. Barnsley are a good side. Will be delighted with a draw but half expect to lose 
  • Options

1-1.
    In that case I can see this being one of those occassions where Paddy Power tweet Barnsley's updated home record after tomorrow's match, like they did with Luton's long unbeaten run last season ...

Correct me if I'm wrong but thats Bet365 who tweeted, not Paddy? ;)