Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2019/20 Championship games

Comments

• Options
    I know Saturday is going to be tough, believe me I am not being unrealistic, it’s going to be hard.
    But, if we were to manage to win the game, we would jump up to 11th, and if we win by 2 goals, we would be 10th.
    This league is so tight. Stay calm for the time being.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    We are not mid table !! 
    17th is not mid table 

Alright, lower mid table with the chance to go 9th if we win at the weekend?

• Options
    Correct the league is tight hence our bad run has seen us slide to 17th from 2nd 

we need to grind some results somewhere but with arguably all of our best back 5 available we are still looking horrendous at the back and any team who gets in our faces is looking likely to score .

• Options
    Yep if we win on Saturday and everyone else’s games are cancelled or results go for us we can go to 9th 
  • Options
    It's still a really tight league. Hull were great tonight but heavily rely on 2 players Grosicki and Bowen. Take those two out through injury like we've lost Taylor and Williams and a load more and see how they do.
  • Options
    It's still a really tight league. Hull were great tonight but heavily rely on 2 players Grosicki and Bowen. Take those two out through injury like we've lost Taylor and Williams and a load more and see how they do.
    Yep the league should do that to all clubs to make it fairer for us 😜
  • Options
    No way will Bowen still be there after January anyway. 
  • Options
    No way will Bowen still be there after January anyway. 
    Hull have found a rich vein of form, hammering PNE who looked a complete shadow of the outfit who won at the Valley .. WBA look even better after demolishing Bristol City .. as has been often opined on here, this season the Champ is very strong and stacked with good teams with lots of money behind them, alas, we are a goodish team with little funding
  • Options
    Let’s be realistic here and know things can change very quickly. If we look at the teams around us going up to Brentford, only 4 points in front, the fixtures this weekend are:

Charlton v Sheffield Wednesday (A win for us would be huge)

Barnsley v Hull (Barnsley might be bottom but it is a tough place to go still)

Birmingham v Millwall (At least one of them will drop points) 

Brentford v Luton (You would expect Brentford to win this, meaning a result for us pushes us further away from the relegation zone)

Derby v QPR (At least one of them will drop points)

Forest v Cardiff (You would expect Forest to win this, again showing a result for us would be huge)

Stoke v Blackburn (Tough game for Blackburn away, wouldn’t surprise me if Stoke won this)
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Just to show how quickly things can change when you have a full squad to choose from and your best players are fitting form, Hull started the season with 13 points from their opening 12 games. In their last 6 games, they’ve got 13 points and find themselves sitting in 9th. But only 3 points in front of us. 

They’ve essentially just swapped form with us, which coincidentally falls in side when we started to get players dropping away with injuries. We need to take things into consideration and know that we have been in pretty much every game and not like others below us or around us who have been smashed or torn apart in some games.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Oi @Sage, stop giving out strong clues to help the prediction league participants. I'm trying to get into the Prem! 😉.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Oi @Sage, stop giving out strong clues to help the prediction league participants. I'm trying to get into the Prem! 😉.
    Sorry mate, although I’m not doing too great in the league so maybe my advice is no good :smiley:
  • Options
    Sage said:
    RedChaser said:
    Sorry mate, although I’m not doing too great in the league so maybe my advice is no good :smiley:
    No need to apologise and in that case keep them words of wisdom coming 😜👍
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Let’s be realistic here and know things can change very quickly. If we look at the teams around us going up to Brentford, only 4 points in front, the fixtures this weekend are:

I think you'll find a win for us would be massive :-)
  • Options
    Sage said:

I think you'll find a win for us would be massive :-)
    Very good :smile:
  • Options
    I don't think we've won 3 league games on the spin this season and don't think we will , even when Williams , Taylor and Cullen return
  • Options
    Pretty much everyone below us is losing.
  • Options
    Grant scores again but losing 4-1 to Bristol City a thalf time  
  • Options
    Brentford 5-0 Luton before half time
  • Options
    Bristol City 4-1 Huddersfield (Yup he scored their goal of course)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Luton are shit and we should of beat them but at least we have players to come back, they are doomed i think
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    HT scores

Barnsley 1-0 Hull
    Birmingham 0-0 Millwall
    Brentford 5-0 Luton
    Bristol City 4-1 Huddersfield
    Derby 1-1 QPR
    Leeds 2-0 Boro
    Nottm Forest 0-1 Cardiff
    Stoke 0-1 Blackburn
    Wigan 1-0 Reading
  • Options
    Luton are definitely going down in my opinion.
    Real shame we were missing so many players on Tuesday. 
  • Options
    Bloody spacing nonsense.
  • Options
    Luton are definitely going down in my opinion.
    Real shame we were missing so many players on Tuesday. 
    Reckon Barnsley will go too - Just hope its not us three as hate it when all three promoted clubs get instantly relegated
    Makes it look as though there is a gap being created between the two Leagues in question etc.
  • Options
    And its Birmingham 0-1 Millwall - Knew Gary Rowett would turn out to be a damned good appointment for them
    Never believed he was a shit as some (not on here) made him out to be after Stoke
  • Options
    Amazing how Hull can be so good midweek, yet then lose 3-1 at Barnsley. The new manager boost for Stoke and Huddersfield seems to have faded a bit too.

Bit worried by Boro losing 4-0 at Leeds though, as I don't want them to sack Woodgate before Saturday!
  • Options
    Christ whats going on at Millwall tonight... leading 1-0 and their "famed" crowd make the game sound like a morgue!!
  • Options
    Christ whats going on at Millwall tonight... leading 1-0 and their "famed" crowd make the game sound like a morgue!!
    They are to busy at home posting on Charlton life.