Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2019/20 Championship games

1132133134135136138»

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2020
    JamesSeed said:

Shocker of an interview by Parker. It was all down to him you know!

Fulham boss Scott Parker told Sky Sports:

"We've done what we've done tonight, but there's still improvement, and that's what makes me so proud and happy.

"For all of the good players and everything you see, what makes me so happy I see a group of players who only a year ago were struggling psychologically, didn't have a mindset or mentality.

"I've driven this team every single day and what makes me proud is I stood on the touchline tonight and seen a team that represents what I've been saying over the last 12 months."

Relegation awaits. 

Watching the actual interview it didn’t come across like that at all. I’ve never forgiven Parker (2004 was hard to take for 11 year old me who was pretending to be him in the playground) but tonight I felt very happy for him.
    Fair enough. I just read the text on the BBC website. 
  • Options
    Fulham need to do the opposite of what they did last time almost

They splashed the cash and tried to bring in a ton of bigger names and basically ignored the team that got them promoted in the first place

Have a bit of faith in the team, maybe sprinkle it with a bit more quality but sign players a bit more wisely
  • Options
    I think that says more about how the top of the Championship has progressed over the last 10 years though, as to be honest it would have also been a disappointment if West Brom didn't go up with the wages they are paying, and Leeds with the money they've put into to support Bielsa. There are only so many spots so it's still an impressive achievement to get promoted, no matter the budget.
  • Options
    Crazy we only lost 1 game out of 6 against the promoted sides. 
  • Options
    The vultures will now be circling Brentford. You suspect that Benrahma and Watkins will be in the Premier League next season
  • Options
    The vultures will now be circling Brentford. You suspect that Benrahma and Watkins will be in the Premier League next season
    Very true. But that's actually the way Brentford operate. Get £20 million (or whatever) in the bank for those 2 and replace with players from lower leagues that their moneyball scouting system think can step up.

However, I just wonder how long they can carry on being successful in finding replacements for the stars they sell. No-one can do that continually.
  • Options
    Very true. But that's actually the way Brentford operate. Get £20 million (or whatever) in the bank for those 2 and replace with players from lower leagues that their moneyball scouting system think can step up.

However, I just wonder how long they can carry on being successful in finding replacements for the stars they sell. No-one can do that continually.
    Southampton are the prime example

Luckily they're still doing quite well in the Premier League yet reckon if it was a stronger Division then they may still struggle
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The one that mattered.
  • Options
    Thought Fulham deserved to win. 
    Yeah definitely. 

They put the ball in the onion bag twice as opposed to Brentford's failure to do so. 
  • Options
    The one that mattered.
    Had we held out for the draw all would have been fine. 
  • Options
    BBC are reporting that Ollie Watkins can leave for £18m after a buyout clause was activiated when they lost yesterday
  • Options
    BBC are reporting that Ollie Watkins can leave for £18m after a buyout clause was activiated when they lost yesterday
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53662774

Also mentions Palace as a club interested in him...
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53662774

Also mentions Palace as a club interested in him...
    Any team in the bottom half of the Premier League should be interested in him

Think Palace have had interest for a while
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    To be replaced by Taylor and Bonne, for a cost of about £1m between them... 

(Obviously that's a million for Bonne)  
  • Options
    What a bellend. Very cocky considering he wasted his career. Played in the premier league aged 24, then was out of the game 5 years later.
  • Options
    What a bellend. Very cocky considering he wasted his career. Played in the premier league aged 24, then was out of the game 5 years later.
    Also played largely for Queens Park Rangers so not surprised he's goading Brentford fans
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Sell Watkins for 18m, buy Ivan Toney for 6-7m and go again.
  • Options
    This is why I despair of our recent transfer dealings.

Brentford get full value from every player they sell. We give ours away. Cue Doherty, Phillips and Bonne leaving for a combined fee of about £800k.

It's almost always been an issue for us. 

Event Darren Bent was sold at a good price for Tottenham. £16.5m for a player that was their top scorer in his first season. Bargain for a club that size. 
  • Options
    Like others I will never forgive Scotty for 2003/04, but I was pleased for him last night. The best team won.

Maybe my feelings are a little swayed by the bottle jobs being newly installed on my shit-list. A double over the Spanners next season which ultimately sends them down may help alleviate matters a little.    

• Options

Spot on. 
  • Options

Spot on. 
    And sound judgement and due diligence from their management and owners...

Fucking hell how far have we fallen, with these crooks and chancers draining our life blood?
  • Options
    Not on last night's showing 
  • Options
    doronron said:
    Not on last night's showing rahma 
    The Premier league boys won't be basing their assessment of those 2 just on last night's showing.

If Brentford let them go, both will without doubt find themselves at a Premier club. Benramhra is already heavily linked with Chelsea.