Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2019/20 Championship games

Comments

• Options
    Just 1-1 at home to Barnsley. 1-1! It wasn't a lot to ask for was it.
  • Options
    KettsJohn said:
    They never showed up on the day, just like we didn't against Millwall, Reading & Birmingham.
  • Options
    KettsJohn said:
    In fairness if they'd needed a 1-1 they'd have got it, but they needed a win and ended up playing about 5 strikers for the last 15 minutes.
  • Options
    Bees have been here so many times before. Great semi-finalists and then blow it in a final.

I hope this time, they go all the way. I've had many happy times at Griffin Park and most of those fans have seen very little of note since the 1950s. Even following every glorious semi-final those fans have had to endure a Wembley fuck up. 

We had our time under Lawrence, again under Curbishley and saw a fairytale win under Bowyer. Now, hopefully it's their turn and if it is, they would deserve it. 
  • Options
    Swansea goal. 

3-2 now
  • Options
    Game on!!
  • Options
    Howler from Jansson who ahs the cheek to start blaming others  :D
  • Options
    Play off semi final and he's trying to do a back flick there. Just clear it!
  • Options
    If Naby Sarr had ever, ever done anything like that from Jansson, you'd all have been burning effigies of him within ten minutes
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    If Naby Sarr had ever, ever done anything like that from Jansson, you'd all have been burning effigies of him within ten minutes
    He has done that... Against Sheffield Wednesday in his first season...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Brentford going to rue that miss?
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    To be fair, that was just a missed control, not a fluffed backheel volleyed clearance
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    To be fair, that was just a missed control, not a fluffed backheel volleyed clearance
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKVBgGsZZAU

Hmm, dont look much different... (5:59)
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I've still not forgiven him for standing there ball watching enabling Smith to head home Millwall's winner at the Den
  • Options
    Handbags between Connor Roberts and Thomas Frank in the last few minutes of the game
  • Options
    Brentford play lovely football, but I'm liking Thomas Frank less and less. 
  • Options
    alicwkd said:
    You've got to be a massive twat to throw the ball away and then take offence when the opposition react the way Conor Roberts did
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKVBgGsZZAU

Hmm, dont look much different... (5:59)
    What lol, he just has a massive swipe and misses there

Jansson's one tonight was an attempted volleyed backheel in a playoff semi-final lol
  • Options
    alicwkd said:
    You've got to be a massive twat to throw the ball away and then take offence when the opposition react the way Conor Roberts did
    I think Roberts gave him a sly dig so justified in my book.
  • Options
    alicwkd said:
    Pretty much what prompted me to write that comment. Understand antics like that from players but managers have to show a bit more maturity IMO. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hard luck Gallagher!!... Hopefully both he and Brewster will get Premier League loans at the least next season

The Goalkeeper was in no mans land but if Brewster can replicate his scoring / finishing in the Premier League then Southgate needs more than just paracetamol for his headache what with the Strikers he's got to choose from
  • Options
    Don't like Brentford, but at least now we're spared the heartbreak of watching Gallagher line up at Wembley, and the constant digs by the commentators about how well he's done since his move from Charlton to Swansea. Bollocks, he was better with us.
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Don't like Brentford, but at least now we're spared the heartbreak of watching Gallagher line up at Wembley, and the constant digs by the commentators about how well he's done since his move from Charlton to Swansea. Bollocks, he was better with us.
    Would rather Swansea got their tbh

Dont want Brentford to be promoted(because they couldnt beat Barnsley) and now I will have to cheer for a Scott Parker team to get promoted instead 🤮🤮🤮
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    MattF said:

Dont want Brentford to be promoted(because they couldnt beat Barnsley) and now I will have to cheer for a Scott Parker team to get promoted instead 🤮🤮🤮
    Conversely, would prefer a Brentford win because I just can't cheer for a Scott Parker team to get promoted. A week on I'm more jealous of how Barnsley made their escape than annoyed at Brentford for losing. (Might still be Cardiff in the final anyway).
  • Options
    MattF said:
    MattF said:

Conversely, would prefer a Brentford win because I just can't cheer for a Scott Parker team to get promoted. A week on more jealous of how Barnsley made their escape than annoyed at Brentford. (Might still be Cardiff in the final anyway).
    I am in the Brentford camp, do not want Fulham to go up.
  • Options
    Best team won.

Can't get the media love in for the Swansea manager. Winning the u17 world Cup with England doesn't qualify him to manage a professional football club. He seemingly only made the play offs because he got 3 of them in on loan (including nicking Gallagher from Charlton). He is talked up like Steve Cottrill was a few years ago - another flash in the pan. 

And notice how Big Mick says tonight how Gallagher ran the game in the second half playing in the sitting position. Who taught the lad to play in that position?????

Can't decide if I like Brentford. The lack of academy feels anti community, but on the flip side they are on the door step of Chelsea who hoover up all the talent. And they are a small club with little financial muscle just doing what they can to survive in a flawed system where player wages are massively inflated. 
  • Options
    Brentford have no chance in the playoff final, with the curse on teams wearing red and white stripes. Their only chance was playing a team in red and being forced to wear their away kit, but Fulham play in white, and Cardiff blue. If only Forest had finished 5th  ;)
  • Options
    Hope Fulham smash em, bottle jobs.
  • Options
    Whoever is gonna finish above palace I want to go up
  • Options
    Best team won.

Can't get the media love in for the Swansea manager. Winning the u17 world Cup with England doesn't qualify him to manage a professional football club. He seemingly only made the play offs because he got 3 of them in on loan (including nicking Gallagher from Charlton). He is talked up like Steve Cottrill was a few years ago - another flash in the pan. 

And notice how Big Mick says tonight how Gallagher ran the game in the second half playing in the sitting position. Who taught the lad to play in that position?????

Can't decide if I like Brentford. The lack of academy feels anti community, but on the flip side they are on the door step of Chelsea who hoover up all the talent. And they are a small club with little financial muscle just doing what they can to survive in a flawed system where player wages are massively inflated. 
    Can't blame them for taking that approach and not running an academy. It's not because they have Chelsea on their doorstep, it's because of the introduction of the Elite Player performance plan, that basically says a top club can take your player for peanuts.

Instead they just run a separate B-team squad of players aged 17-21 who play friendlies around Europe. It seems to work really well for them.

I do wonder if they get into the Premier league and stay there, whether they'll bring the academy back though.