Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lyle Taylor penalties

13»

Comments

• Options
    The Sky clip of his penalty v Doncaster in The Play-offs has over 5 million views on YouTube.
    They used Pogba’s name for clickbait. Taylor’s penalties are better than Pogba’s anyway. At least Lyle’s unique run-up serves a purpose, unlike Pogba who does it solely for the attention
    And, how long do you think it will be before someone in the Premier League, like Aguerro, does it, and the Sky pundits start calling him a genius???
  • Options
    What is slightly bizarre is that Lyle's been taking his penalties the same way for months!

(Other clubs know, it's obvious, as shown by the Barnsley player trying to stand in his way to put him off.)

Suddenly, it's become global news!
    The style has developed though, this one was even slower than against Doncaster, and the way he slowly walked past the Barnsley player made it even funnier! The Doncaster one felt different as being a shoot out, nobody else was around
  • Options
    I'm sure Lyle has total belief in his penalty taking abilities.

He needs to have .....this window, we've signed several players who were the regular penalty taker at their previous clubs.

Step up to the spot Aneke, Oztumer, Bonne and now Hemed.
    Poor old JFC will find himself at the back of the queue.

Anyone else I've overlooked?

• Options
    Wanted to both like and lol your post, Weegie
  • Options
    My overall view of Taylor is that he's got an arrogance about him. The sort of player who you love if he's playing for you, but you couldn't stand him if you were an opposition player or fan
  • Options
    When Lyle first did it I was very sceptical, even a bit annoyed as I didn't feel confident in it. But he has clearly found something that works for him and the stats prove that. 
  • Options
    It worries me but I think its the perfect technique.  I saw him take one againt AMB when that Romanian team got the game called off.  AMB waited the full time and Lyle still placed it in the corner past him with enough power as it's very hard for a keeper to react and get across if in the corner after it's struck.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When I watch the replay and know he’s going to score , it still worries me .
  • Options
    Its like Marmite.

Most love it and think its great but as soon as he misses one the "blast down the middle" brigade will be lining up to shoot him down 
    As soon as he misses one, even if he does want to work on a new technique, we also have Hemed as an option who according to the BHA fans takes a superb pen
  • Options
    Its like Marmite.

Most love it and think its great but as soon as he misses one the "blast down the middle" brigade will be lining up to shoot him down 
    As soon as he misses one, even if he does want to work on a new technique, we also have Hemed as an option who according to the BHA fans takes a superb pen
    And Aneke.

And Oztumer.

And Bonne if he plays.

And JFC
  • Options
    Will that be the play off order,  @Oggy Red, or should Oztumer go second?
  • Options
    What is slightly bizarre is that Lyle's been taking his penalties the same way for months!

(Other clubs know, it's obvious, as shown by the Barnsley player trying to stand in his way to put him off.)

Suddenly, it's become global news!
    Championship probably gets a lot more global coverage than League One though
    It is considered to be the 7th best league in the world.