Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Roland this transfer window

Comments

• Options
    I don’t know if RD deserves any credit and to be truthful I don’t care , I’m just enjoying the ride .
  • Options
    As much as it’s hard to say RD does deserve some credit . He could have easily taken the Taylor money with no replacement but he didnt. Without Gallen and Bowyer I think he might be counting the cash but It’s been the best transfer window since Powell’s Promotion season . Having said that I want him gone ASAP
  • Options
    Just sell the club and FUCK OFF 
    My opinion of the cockwomble will never change. 
    Cockwomble? I thought he was a Wankpuffin?

• Options
    I’m pretty sure Roland thinks he’s kept the fans off his back for a few months.
  • Options
    Roland's latest brilliant idea is to give his management team a budget, small though it is, and let that team get on with it. Now if he would have used that strategy when he first arrived he may not have created the perpetual shit storm that he, Daisy and Murray presided over. And yes he does deserve credit for turning down the Taylor offer but I can't help thinking there is more to that decision.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fuck all apart from turning down the bids for Taylor.

The credit for signings goes to Gallen and Bowyer.
    The credit goes to everyone involved. None of us know who that is or what the budget implications are.

All we have to work on is Bowyer saying a few weeks ago we have the lowest budget in the league, which may be true or might not be true. 
    I think you can safely assume he hasn’t spent the extra £8m in revenue that Bowyer had delivered him - pre Dijksteel and Lookman.

According to someone in a position to know, Charlton and Millwall are a long, long way behind every other club in the division in spending, which of course makes Bowyer and Gallen’s achievement all the greater.
    Barnsley??? Richest owners in the league, but don't spend any money? 
    Doubt they are signing players on £4k a week.
    McGheehan and Woodrow on a bit more, but I believe the rest of em are on 4-5k.
  • Options
    Five years + feels pretty long term in football speak to me already, @AFKABartram.

I think the difference is clear. Five + years ago we had a manager who knew Charlton through and through and was perfectly capable of building a competitive Championship squad, even given meagre financial backing. But new owner Roland couldn't resist a dabble listening to advice from his youth team of Meire and Driesen. 

So he spouted millions up the wall and sacked Powell and caused relegation.

5+ years later totally by luck and absolutely no Roland judgment, we are back in a similar position. Praise be to Bowyer,  Jacko, Gallen and the squad they have built while scrimping and scraping.

Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose.
  • Options
  • Options

The credit goes to everyone involved. None of us know who that is or what the budget implications are.

All we have to work on is Bowyer saying a few weeks ago we have the lowest budget in the league, which may be true or might not be true. 
    I think you can safely assume he hasn’t spent the extra £8m in revenue that Bowyer had delivered him - pre Dijksteel and Lookman.

According to someone in a position to know, Charlton and Millwall are a long, long way behind every other club in the division in spending, which of course makes Bowyer and Gallen’s achievement all the greater.
    More fool them then...... 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

More fool them then...... 
    That rather depends on relative outcomes.
  • Options
    If LT could be persuaded to sign a new deal, I'd like CARD to call a truce.
  • Options
    That would require Roland to break his wage structure though?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One half decent window doesn’t mean he should be in anyway considered good for the club. We are always round the corner from a disaster with him. Getting Taylor to sign a new deal would be unreal though. 
  • Options
    Five years + feels pretty long term in football speak to me already, @AFKABartram.

I think the difference is clear. Five + years ago we had a manager who knew Charlton through and through and was perfectly capable of building a competitive Championship squad, even given meagre financial backing. But new owner Roland couldn't resist a dabble listening to advice from his youth team of Meire and Driesen. 

So he spouted millions up the wall and sacked Powell and caused relegation.

5+ years later totally by luck and absolutely no Roland judgment, we are back in a similar position. Praise be to Bowyer,  Jacko, Gallen and the squad they have built while scrimping and scraping.

Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose.
    Think that's a little rewriting of history there, the decision to sack Powell was probably the right one. 

I can't quite believe it, but we are probably better off (purely on the pitch) than when he took over. Having 5 players on loan does help the quality though and continually doing that only gets more difficult. 
  • Options
    But we are where we are. Even idiots (savants) can learn from their mistakes.
  • Options
    Bowyer's new contract, other shit he's posted on the site etc. He hasn't learnt from his mistakes and never will, he's just got lucky with Bowyer & Co and has backed off a little bit. 
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:
    So we can agree then that its taken the richest owner in the history of our club, by some way, over 5 years of turmoil to reach 'probably better than when he took over' yippeee (aye ohh)
    I never said it was worth it!
  • Options
    Have to say, it’s been a brilliant window for us. All credit goes to Gallen and Bowyer. What worries me is the next window when sure as eggs are eggs, if Lyle has got say 10-15 goals in the bag, he’ll be off for a big fee as I can’t see him signing a new contract with us. Also think we’ll lose Josh Cullen to a bigger club. 
  • Options
    Once Kayal is fit, Cullen will be on bench anyway.  And Field still to come.
  • Options
    It must surely be obvious that, as well as Bowyer has done, the foundations are built on sand. Even Bowyer being successful increases the likelihood that he will be headhunted sooner rather than later. 
  • Options
    I don't think he does anything that he doesn't believe will benefit him directly.