Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What is your idea of hell?

124»

Comments

• Options
    Getting serious for once.
    I was still buzzing from having a great day Wednesday and seeing the sublime performance from Charlton in 1st half despite the 1-1.
    While driving home and happy that the traffic was flowing nicely, we were on the edge of Chislehurst high street at about 10.20 and it was a scene from Hell. At least 5 cars were smashed, and police cars and emergency vehicles were there or arriving.
    It was carnage and looked like a bomb site.

It was surreal but straight away you guessed that two cars were racing which I have found out from the news and footage appears to be the case. The 25 year old driver of one of the sporty cars is fighting for his life but sheer madness to be racing down the high street. A bus coming from the other way appears to have caused one of the drivers to swerve and crash into the lampost and parked cars outside the Côte brasserie. The other car ripped up flower beds and crashed into bollards.

As this has now made the national papers and on line outlets, you may know that six cars were damaged including the Jaguar F-Type and Audi A5 who appear to be the racing cars( police are still investigating the footage) to establish the facts. 
    Four other vehicles, a Nissan Qashqai, a Volkswagen, a Volvo XC90 and a Porsche Cayenne, were also wrecked when either the Jaguar or Audi cars smashed into them.
    Reports suggest that the Porsche was parked and was owned by a local doctor who had bought the car two days ago.

The only good news is no innocent bystanders were injured. I hope the driver  recovers and spends the next 10 years traveling by bus or train.
    Disagree with the last paragraph. Sounds like the fact that no innocent bystanders were hurt, was dumb luck, not design. I hope the driver recovers and spends the next 10 years in Belmarsh. What are the odds he didn't have insurance as well?
    Unfortunately even if the knobs get charged and convicted they won’t be getting anywhere close to ten years. 
    A couple of years back a young man drove way beyond his ability, his cars abilities  and the road conditions and killed two young men and injured six others. The knock on effects to the friends and family have been, not surprisingly, been catastrophic. He pleaded guilty, got eight years and will serve at least half.
    Seriouly that small episode is my idea of hell. 
  • Options
    Being disembowelled for ever.
  • Options
    Being stuck on an island that can only take two people with seth plum... The sharks are circling and seth asks about the border.... Then there was 1....happy eating... Me that is. 
  • Options
    Suffering from the whims of bureaucratic bastards.
  • Options
    Roland being here in January 2020
  • Options
    Been done. Prometheus.
  • Options
    Suffering from locked in syndrome and East Enders and the x factor are on a loop because my carer things it will stimulate my brain. Plus the sound is too loud.
    Utter torture.
  • Options
    Suffering from locked in syndrome 
    That's probably it right there for me
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Been done. Prometheus.
    No, that was mythology.  This is what we used to do for fun.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Getting serious for once.
    I was still buzzing from having a great day Wednesday and seeing the sublime performance from Charlton in 1st half despite the 1-1.
    While driving home and happy that the traffic was flowing nicely, we were on the edge of Chislehurst high street at about 10.20 and it was a scene from Hell. At least 5 cars were smashed, and police cars and emergency vehicles were there or arriving.
    It was carnage and looked like a bomb site.

It was surreal but straight away you guessed that two cars were racing which I have found out from the news and footage appears to be the case. The 25 year old driver of one of the sporty cars is fighting for his life but sheer madness to be racing down the high street. A bus coming from the other way appears to have caused one of the drivers to swerve and crash into the lampost and parked cars outside the Côte brasserie. The other car ripped up flower beds and crashed into bollards.

As this has now made the national papers and on line outlets, you may know that six cars were damaged including the Jaguar F-Type and Audi A5 who appear to be the racing cars( police are still investigating the footage) to establish the facts. 
    Four other vehicles, a Nissan Qashqai, a Volkswagen, a Volvo XC90 and a Porsche Cayenne, were also wrecked when either the Jaguar or Audi cars smashed into them.
    Reports suggest that the Porsche was parked and was owned by a local doctor who had bought the car two days ago.

The only good news is no innocent bystanders were injured. I hope the driver  recovers and spends the next 10 years traveling by bus or train.
    Disagree with the last paragraph. Sounds like the fact that no innocent bystanders were hurt, was dumb luck, not design. I hope the driver recovers and spends the next 10 years in Belmarsh. What are the odds he didn't have insurance as well?
    I agree with you if the footage I have seen initially is confirmed to be 100% just several seconds from the mayhem then the person must serve time whether in wheel chair or not. The other driver should as well if proven to be as liable. 

Not sure at moment if it will come to this as the guy is still on the critical list.

I love cars, and many sporty cars are things of sublime beauty. But deep down, you have to wonder why cars are produced with performance that is just so far above what is safe or legal on the roads. Power that is also above the abilities of many drivers. I suppose, you can't stop legendary companies like Ferrari or Porsche making what are undoubtably things of beauty. But it is relatively standard cars that can do 150mph plus now! On public roads, you should not be enjoying the performance of your car. They are places that Children may cross, they are not race tracks.

If you really want to get fun out of driving, I am reminded of something Jeremy Clarkson said on Top Gear a few years back. He said, it is more exciting to drive a slow car fast, than a fast car slowly. I am not advocating people drive their smart cars like Lewis Hamilton, but having the power that many standard cars have and not using it, is not much fun. Cars with high levels of performance, probably need banning to save people from themselves. It won't happen, but as a car lover, I think it is sadly true.
  • Options
    The smoking ban being repealed.
  • Options
    Getting stuck on a desert island with Margot Robbie!!
    I’ll come and take your place. 
  • Options
    Listening to, or reading the words of, bigots. 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Films
    Fantasy
    Anything with Jim Carey in it

Tv
    X Factor
    Britains got talent
    Big brother etc

Music
    Rap

Food 
    Tomato
    Courgettes 

Drink
    Whisky
    Brandy
    Bitter

Sport
    American football
    Baseball

Place
    Speke. Utter shit hole with the scum of the earth for residents
     I got on a bus in Liverpool. I asked the driver “Is this bus going to Speke?” He said “I don’t know, it hasn’t said a bloody word all day”.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Listening to, or reading the words of, bigots. 
    Hard to avoid these days AA... :|
  • Options
    Films: Horror, only genre I dont have the balls to watch

TV: Anything type of reality show, has made a mockery of the term celebrity of late!!

Music: Rap!!!

Food: Parsnips / Marmite

Drinks: Red Wine!!!

Place: Chatham, parking in the pentagon centre and the smell of piss is just disgusting!!
    What about going on a shopping date to Chatham with Gemma Collins, then back to hers to watch a horror film whilst snacking on some roasted parsnips and drinking red wine, then off to the bedroom where she puts on some rap music and asks you to smell her sweaty downstairs area?
    How can you check under the stairs for damp if you’re in her bedroom? 
  • Options
    Ajax,Rap and Roland enough said.
  • Options
    Ajax,Rap and Roland enough said.

Yeah - CIF kicks it's ass... 
  • Options
    An Ajax Rub on my Roland enough said.
    Blimey just the idea of that brings tears to my eyes, that is hell
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Been done. Prometheus.

I have seen that image, it was attached to my email from the club warning me of the consequences of buying a North Stand Lower ticket and being caught in the Covered End

• Options
    I'm sorry, you are being very persuasive, but I would still rather give the New Den a swerve.
  • Options
    Been done. Prometheus.

That'll teach him for making a shit job of cleaning the windows.
    No Health and Safety on those ladders whatsoever. Shocking!!!
    No harnesses, no wires, no hard hats. Plus the fire is far to close to the base of wooden framed ladders. They are just asking for trouble. Outraged!!!