Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2019/20 Serie A

Comments

• International break now but we return the following week with Lazio v Atalanta which will be a really interesting game.
    Big game of the week is currently at half time.
    Atalanta winning 3-0 in Rome.

Zapata, injured on international duty is a big loss to Atalanta but Muriel has come in and scored a brace so maybe not.

As mentioned before, Atalanta on their best start to a season since the 60s.
    that looks to be continuing. 
    What a game.
    3 goals in the last 20 minutes.
    finished 3-3
  • How’s this for absolute bonkers....
    Jack Rodwell is set to sign for Roma.

now I know Roma have an injury crisis with midfielders but they can’t be that desperate surely  :D
  • Roma have decided against offering Rodwell and contract
  • Balotelli walked off the pitch(by himself I might add the rest of the team did not follow him) after getting racially abused by Verona fans, he was then convinced to return by team mates, came back on and scored
  • did anyone see during the week the Napoli v Atlanta game? what an end. 90th minute blatant rugby tackle which should of been give as a pen to Napoli, the ball was then cleared. without it going out of play Atlanta went straight up the other end and scored. VAR and ref decided that it wasn't a penalty for Napoli (even though it was) and Atlanta's breakaway goal stood. cue chaos as Ancelotti being sent off. 

not sure what the rules are, if the ref would have to stop the game mid flow for a VAR check so the attack by Atlanta didn't materialise? but i guess VAR took too long to tell the ref it should be reviewed. then to save face they decided it wasn't a penalty. 
  • did anyone see during the week the Napoli v Atlanta game? what an end. 90th minute blatant rugby tackle which should of been give as a pen to Napoli, the ball was then cleared. without it going out of play Atlanta went straight up the other end and scored. VAR and ref decided that it wasn't a penalty for Napoli (even though it was) and Atlanta's breakaway goal stood. cue chaos as Ancelotti being sent off. 

not sure what the rules are, if the ref would have to stop the game mid flow for a VAR check so the attack by Atlanta didn't materialise? but i guess VAR took too long to tell the ref it should be reviewed. then to save face they decided it wasn't a penalty. 
    Refs cant stop the game for a VAR check.

Has to wait till the ball next goes out of play
  • Inter now top after Juve drop points at home to Sassuolo.
    They've also won every away game this season, an incredible run.
  • Quite ridiculous header from Ronaldo last night. Jumping 2.56 metres to head it home.
  • First Serie A goal scorer of the 2020s.....Mario Balotelli 

First Serie A goal of the 2010s was also scored by Balotelli
  • Napoli losing 2-0 at home to Fiorentina 

Still a long way to go but Napoli already 11 points behind Roma in 5th.

Ok they may sneak 6th as they are only 6 points behind Cagliari but there is a big chance that Napoli will miss out on Europe next year

I cant see them winning the Champions League, so maybe they should have lost there last 2 games and finished 3rd and tried to win the Europa League lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Put this on the La Liga thread but as its involving Juventus thought I would put it here as well

Barcelona have agreed a deal with Juventus for Nelson Semedo

€25M + Pjanic and De Sciglio

Gotta say thats a good deal for Barca 
  • Put this on the La Liga thread but as its involving Juventus thought I would put it here as well

That’s a heck of a deal. Decent deal also if you took Pjanic out. Not seen loads of Semedo but didn’t think he was that good. 
  • edited May 2020
    Put this on the La Liga thread but as its involving Juventus thought I would put it here as well

That’s a heck of a deal. Decent deal also if you took Pjanic out. Not seen loads of Semedo but didn’t think he was that good. 
    I think Semedo is a decent enough player, but with him leaving it means Sergi Roberto can slot into RB, plus Emerson who is currently on loan at Betis

Personally I thought Barca fans liked Roberto but a quick look on twitter suggests otherwise lol
  • Semedo is horrible defensively but I guess Juve don’t do a lot of that 

I think Semedo is a decent enough player, but with him leaving it means Sergi Roberto can slot into RB, plus Emerson who is currently on loan at Betis

Personally I thought Barca fans liked Roberto but a quick look on twitter suggests otherwise lol
    Plus they’ll have De Sciglio aswell 
  • Coppa Italia semi finals (2nd legs) are tonight and tomorrow.

Juventus vs Milan on BT Sport now, finished 1 all in the first leg (that was a shocking game).
    Winner plays Napoli/Inter in the final.

final will be next weekend before the league gets back underway.

no extra time tonight, straight to penalties if level (away goals do count though)
  • Juve lineup looks so strong 

This hasn't happened.

Barca want Pjanic and he wants to go there, but the clubs can't agree a deal. The latest is that Barca want to swap him for Arthur, but Arthur isn't that keen apparently.
  • VAR penalty for handball.
    Ronaldo hit the post
  • edited June 2020
    Red for Milan straight from the rebound Rebic went in too high near the half way line
  • Sponsored links:

This hasn't happened.

Barca want Pjanic and he wants to go there, but the clubs can't agree a deal. The latest is that Barca want to swap him for Arthur, but Arthur isn't that keen apparently.
    Yeah, it was never confirmed. There were lots of rumours for around a week leading up to the deal first being reported. One Italian newspaper jumped the gun that it was agreed and it went viral.
  • Red for Milan straight from the rebound Rebic went in too high near the half way line
    Awful challenge, what was he doing?!
  • That challenge wow. Why would you ever put your foot that high. Madness.
  • Really decent game this. wouldn't count milan out.
  • edited June 2020
    Hope @JohnBoyUK isnt watching the Napoli v Inter game lol.

Commentator just made a point of Spurs winning nothing haha, was talking about Eriksen and said he won the Dutch Cup with Ajax but of course won nothing in his time with Tottenham 🤣🤣
  • Dries Mertens becomes Napolis all time leading goal scorer.
  • Doesn't say much for italian football when Inter Milan are fielding Ashley Young and Victor Moses!
  • Coppa Italia final tonight.
    Cant help feel the situation is better suited to Napoli. Surprised they’re as big as 13/5
  • Finished 0-0

Napoli win 4-2 on penalties.
    They had a great chance to win it in injury time - fantastic Buffon save and then hit the post from the rebound.
  • Ronaldo wanting the 5th penalty and not ending up taking one, again. What a pr*ck