Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2019/20 Serie A

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2020
    This is like the Atlanta thread? do no other teams play in the Serie A :) 

PS- i do quite like Atlanta, just a light hearted joke. 
  • Options
    This is like the Atlanta thread? do no other teams play in the Serie A :) 

PS- i do quite like Atlanta, just a light hearted joke. 
    No other side worth talking about really.

Juve will win the league again, Lazio have imploded. AC Milan are on a good run 
  • Options
    Shame about Lazio imploding, Immobile is one of my favourite strikers in the world right now and has never really gotten the recognition I think he deserves
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Shame about Lazio imploding, Immobile is one of my favourite strikers in the world right now and has never really gotten the recognition I think he deserves
    He is class, totally agree with it. If he was at Juventus people would be raving about him, would have been nice to see someone else lift the trophy too. 
  • Options
    Juventus used to have him and then even part own Immobile when he was at Tornio. 

his record at Lazio has been fantastic. shame he has struggled at times for the national side. 
  • Options
    I saw Everton was linked with him and loads of their numpty fans were like "pony player in a pony league why would we want him" and I think they're mad, his style of play would suit English football IMO
  • Options
    though i really like Immobile for me personally my favourite Italian forward knocking about at the moment has to Belotti. not the best for natural talent but his passion makes up for that. 
  • Options
    though i really like Immobile for me personally my favourite Italian forward knocking about at the moment has to Belotti. not the best for natural talent but his passion makes up for that. 
    Feel a bit for Belotti this year, he’s stuck playing for an absolutely awful Torino team. They really are shocking this season.

On an individual note, Belotti has now scored in the last 6 league games in a row.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    I described Sassuolo as “a budget Atalanta” to someone earlier.

they play some really good football, have multiple goal threats (aside from Atalanta they are the only team with 3 players with 10+ goals) and often get involved in a “we’ll score more than you forget about defending“ mindset.
    Only the top 4 have scored more goals than them this season and they’ve won their last 4.

Currently having a real ding dong with Juventus, 2-0 down then 3-2 up. Now 3 all with 20 minutes left.
  • Options
    Juve beat Lazio 2-1 and will now almost certainly be champions again. 8 points clear with 4 games to go.

Ronaldo scored both and in doing so breaks a number of records.

First Juventus striker to score 30 goals in a Serie A season since the 1950s.
    The first ever player to score 30 goals in a season in the premier league, La liga and Serie A.
    First player ever to score 50 goals in total in those 3 leagues.
    Fastest player in history to reach 50 goals in Serie A (61 games).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2020
    AC Milan are back. 5 games since the restart, 4 wins and a draw, including wins over Roma, Lazio and last night Juventus.

2-0 down after an hour, they scored 4 times in 15 minutes.

Zlatan (obviously exaggerating) said after: "If I was here from the beginning of the season, we would have won the Scudetto!"
    They’ve looked fantastic since the restart, which makes it look crazy that they’ve announced a new manager for next season.
    Former Leipzig boss Ralf Rangnick will take over at the end of the season.

Pioli has only been there since October, admittedly it was only supposed to be a short term appointment, but taking over mid season he never actually had a chance to put his own ideas to the team, he frequently mentioned how much he would have loved a preseason with this group of players.
    Then lockdown comes and on the restart is the first chance of a mini preseason where he can get his ideas across and work on things without a game coming up in a few days. First time he really gets to put his own ideas across and look at their results. 4 wins and a draw, including 3 wins against teams in the top 6.

I don’t doubt this deal with Rangnick has been planned for some time, and he looks set to become sporting director too (a position he also held at RB) but it does seem harsh on Pioli.

• Options
    AC Milan are back. 5 games since the restart, 4 wins and a draw, including wins over Roma, Lazio and last night Juventus.

2-0 down after an hour, they scored 4 times in 15 minutes.

Zlatan (obviously exaggerating) said after: "If I was here from the beginning of the season, we would have won the Scudetto!"
    They’ve looked fantastic since the restart, which makes it look crazy that they’ve announced a new manager for next season.
    Former Leipzig boss Ralf Rangnick will take over at the end of the season.

Pioli has only been there since October, admittedly it was only supposed to be a short term appointment, but taking over mid season he never actually had a chance to put his own ideas to the team, he frequently mentioned how much he would have loved a preseason with this group of players.
    Then lockdown comes and on the restart is the first chance of a mini preseason where he can get his ideas across and work on things without a game coming up in a few days. First time he really gets to put his own ideas across and look at their results. 4 wins and a draw, including 3 wins against teams in the top 6.

I don’t doubt this deal with Rangnick has been planned for some time, and he looks set to become sporting director too (a position he also held at RB) but it does seem harsh on Pioli.

Milan changed their minds and paid him 2m to cancel their pre-contract agreement.

I'm 50-50 on this. Pioli has obviously done well, built momentum, and they're playing good football. Apparently the first time in over 20 years they've scored twice in 9 successive games. But how much of this is down to Pioli and how much of this is down to them improving since Zlatan arrived? Pioli is not going to be around long term, this is his 14th job in 17 years.

I wonder if they've been swayed by Zlatan saying he didn't know who Rangnick was? As surely this means Zlatan will stay next season now.

Rangnick was going to come in and (i assume) start to build things the same way he did at Leipzig. Young players bought cheaply who would grow with the club playing exciting football. 

Ultimately if Pioli continues to do well then it's great for Milan, but if they start next season badly, Gazidis will be under big pressure for doing a u-turn on Rangnick. If i was Gazidis i'd have kept Pioli as coach but brought Rangnick in as a director of football.
  • Options
    Juve beat Lazio 2-1 and will now almost certainly be champions again. 8 points clear with 4 games to go.

Ronaldo scored both and in doing so breaks a number of records.

First Juventus striker to score 30 goals in a Serie A season since the 1950s.
    The first ever player to score 30 goals in a season in the premier league, La liga and Serie A.
    First player ever to score 50 goals in total in those 3 leagues.
    Fastest player in history to reach 50 goals in Serie A (61 games).
    At the age of 35. GOAT
  • Options
    Juve crowned champions again.

Immobile scored a hat trick for Lazio and moves to 34 goals.
    Ronaldo has 31 goals.

Can't believe the amount of penalties these 2 get given though. Immobile has scored 14, Ronaldo has 12.
  • Options
    20 goals from open play in one of the big 5 leagues in Europe is not to be sniffed at, if I was manager of a big European club in the UCL I'd be trying my hardest to sign Immobile up, if he scores again this season he'll be top scorer in Europe this year
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    20 goals from open play in one of the big 5 leagues in Europe is not to be sniffed at, if I was manager of a big European club in the UCL I'd be trying my hardest to sign Immobile up, if he scores again this season he'll be top scorer in Europe this year
    True but i wonder if he's one of those players who's just suited to a certain league, same as Soldado was in La Liga.

Immobile went to Dortmund and he was terrible in the Bundesliga.
  • Options
    I see Immobile did infact win the Golden boot and Golden shoe.
    The 1st time since 2006-7 that it hasnt been won or shared by a La Liga player.
  • Options
    Juventus not messing about after last nights CL exit.

Sarri sacked today, and they've named Pirlo as their new manager.
  • Options
    Juventus not messing about after last nights CL exit.

Sarri sacked today, and they've named Pirlo as their new manager.
    Was brought in as u23 manager literally last weekend....and every paper in Italy reported it as ‘Sarri gone as soon as Juve out of the CL’

Was a dot on the cards. 
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Pirlo as a manager is interesting, obviously looking at the relatively good job ex players like Lampard and Arteta are doing and doing the same (they'll also be given more leeway by the fans and won't command huge wages like a Mourinho, Ancelotti or Guardiola would)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nelsen that was an excellent read.
  • Options
    Dzecko going Juve. Not sure what Roma are doing. Zaniolo out and no recognised striker. Shambles.
  • Options
    Dzecko going Juve. Not sure what Roma are doing. Zaniolo out and no recognised striker. Shambles.
    Milik on the way
  • Options
    Milik due to come in. 

More of a question about letting Cengiz Under go now Zaniolo has another ACL injury.

Kumbulla in from Verona is a good signing, confirms no return for Smalling no doubt. 
  • Options
    Honestly forgot Higuain played for Chelsea until I read the story about him being released from June today.
  • Options
    Fiiiiiish said:
    Milik due to come in. 

More of a question about letting Cengiz Under go now Zaniolo has another ACL injury.

Kumbulla in from Verona is a good signing, confirms no return for Smalling no doubt. 
    I think Smalling could still be Roma bound.

Meanwhile, problems with Miliks fitness (knee injury) means the transfer is on hold, which also pus Dzeko to Juve on hold. 
  • Options
    Atalanta off and running.

A 4-2 win today away at Torino for Serie A's great entertainers.
  • Options
    Amazing game tonight Inter v Fiorentina.

Inter 1-0 down, 2-1 up, 3-2 down, then score on 88 and 89 to win it 4-3.

Also realised tonight, that the premier league is the only top league that voted against sticking with the 5 subs. Serie A, La Liga, Bundesliga and Ligue 1 have all kept the 5 subs rule.
  • Options
    Amazing game tonight Inter v Fiorentina.

Inter 1-0 down, 2-1 up, 3-2 down, then score on 88 and 89 to win it 4-3.

Also realised tonight, that the premier league is the only top league that voted against sticking with the 5 subs. Serie A, La Liga, Bundesliga and Ligue 1 have all kept the 5 subs rule.
    Forza Inter!!!!