Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Brentford | Sat 24 Aug | 3pm KO | MATCH THREAD

And we go again.

Match news as it comes in, followed by the all the action as it happens.

Comments

• Just got out of bed, LoOKie? :smile:

• Guess this is the fake Match Thread

Dont worry @Oggy Red... we all know yours came first
  • Guess this is the fake Match Thread

Dont worry @Oggy Red... we all know yours came first
    Yeah, I'm afraid LoOKie pulled rank on me. I'll get over it. :smile:

• Looking forward to seeing the line up

After Bowyer's comments I wonder if we'll see Kayal and / or Hemed on the bench, at the same time though I wont be surprised if they're not involved at all
  • Line up on Twitter.

Forever, pull your finger out!

• edited August 2019
    Back to the line up that played at Barnsley, I believe.

With the exception of Solly, of course.
  • From the OS:

Jason Pearce, Darren Pratley and Jonny Williams return to the Charlton side for today’s game against Brentford at The Valley. 

Tomer Hemed will also be on the bench for the first time after signing from Brighton & Hove Albion on Monday.

The Addicks will be looking to extend their unbeaten start to the season against a strong Bees outfit. Fans can follow the game live on Valley Pass. International fans can watch the game live from as little as £5, while domestic fans can listen to the game from £4. For more information click here.

Naby Sarr, Sam Field and Erhun Oztumer move to the bench, while Chuks Aneke will miss today’s game through illness.

The Addicks are expected to stick with the 4-diamond-2 formation that they have used successfully in recent weeks.

Dillon Phillips will start in goal with Deji Oshilaja, Tom Lockyer, skipper Pearce and Ben Purrington in front of him.

Pratley, who signed a contract extension with the club, will likely start in defensive midfield with Josh Cullen and Conor Gallagher ahead of him. 

Williams is expected to start behind the in-form strike pairing of Lyle Taylor and Jonathan Leko.

Ben Amos, George Lapslie and Macauley Bonne join Sarr, Field, Oztumer and Hemed on the bench.

International fans can watch the game live on Valley Pass - for more information click here.

Domestic and international fans can listen to live coverage of this afternoon's game against Brentford from 2.45pm on Valley Pass with commentators Terry Smith and Greg Stubley. Valley Pass costs just £6.50 per month or £60 for the year and you can sign-up here and listen here.

Charlton: Phillips; Oshilaja, Lockyer, Pearce (C), Purrington; Pratley, Cullen, Gallagher, Williams; Taylor, Leko

Substitutes: Amos, Sarr, Field, Lapslie, Oztumer, Hemed, Bonne

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5d612a76e69e8/team-news-pearce-pratley-and-sarr-return-while-hemed-is-on-the-bench-for-the-first-time
  • Team line up in the proper order:

Charlton: Phillips; Oshilaja, Lockyer, Pearce (C), Purrington; Pratley, Cullen, Gallagher, Williams; Taylor, Leko

Substitutes: Amos, Sarr, Field, Lapslie, Oztumer, Hemed, Bonne

• edited August 2019
    Phillips,
    Oshilaja Lockyer Pearce Purrington
    Pratley
    Cullen Gallagher
    Williams
    Taylor Leko

Subs: Amos, Bonne, Sarr, Hemed, Field, Oztumer, Lapslie
  • Sponsored links:

• Hemed on the bench, eh?

• edited August 2019
    No sign of Aneke. I expected Bonne to be the player dropping out for Hemed but Bowyer has gone with dropping Aneke.
  • edited August 2019
    So Hemed on the bench despite Bowyer saying he wasnt ready haha.

1 defender on the bench is worrying tho haha, suppose we only had one on the bench on Wednesday as well, shows how light we are ther
  • Woulda started Sarr and Field. Still up the addicks!

• "Chuks Aneke will miss today’s game through illness".

Is that Bowyer's way of telling him he wasn't up to scratch v Forest?

No, only kidding. :smile:

• On train, just made it back in time. Great to see so many more fans than last season gettting on the loopy loop train from Albany Park, Bexley, Crayford etc 
  • Surprised that Gallagher has legs to start 
  • edited August 2019
    Brentford (3-4-3):

Raya
    Pinnock Jansson Racic
    Dalsgaard Norgaard Jensen Henry
    Canos Watkins Marcondes

Subs: Daniels, Benrahma, Mokotjo, Dasilva, Mbeumo, Clarke, Jeanvier
  • Bees fans not at all happy with that line up! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Gammon said:
    Surprised that Gallagher has legs to start 
    Can run all day. Fit youngsters, eh?

• Oggy Red said:

"Chuks Aneke will miss today’s game through illness".

Is that Bowyer's way of telling him he wasn't up to scratch v Forest?

No, only kidding. :smile:

Many a true word spoken in jest and probably as sick as a parrot with that cameo  ;)
  • Surprised sarr is dropped
    Strong line up though
  • Brentford look great defensively but very light up top.
  • Surprised sarr is dropped rested / rotated
    Strong line up though
    Fixed  ;)
  • Surprised sarr is dropped
    Strong line up though
    Pearce is evidently first choice as leader, organiser and warrior.

In fact, it seems that with Pratley rested also, he's trying to get the veteran players not to play twice within a few days.

• I wonder when Kayal will make his debut.
    After the International break?
    When he has fully recovered from a groin injury I expect.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!