Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England v Bulgaria / Kosovo

Comments

• Only thing I'd say about the Premier League being more competitive than the Bundesliga...

Former has had four winners in the last seven years; Bundeliga has had one
  • Most people are aware the premier league is more competitive but that doesn't mean the Bundesliga is a poor league and it certainly doesn't lessen what Sancho has done since he went there.

Pretty sure this will be his last season there though, and City and United and possibly other big clubs in Europe will be battling to sign him next summer.
  • Southgate's comments for Wan-Bissaka's call up are a bit of a joke, though I guess he can't just come out and say he's picked him because he now plays for United.
  • Not a fan of that at all. Trippier/Rose/Keane are all players that shouldn’t be near our starting 11 by the time the Euros roll round.

What is the point? Play some youth and get them bedded in.
  • edited September 2019
    Genuinely amazed at how Southgate can pick Trippier and Rashford ahead of TAA and Sancho.

Barkley ahead of Maddison is questionable too.

Also don't see why we need both Rice and Henderson at home to Bulgaria.
  • Pickford, Trippier, Keane, Maguire, Rose, Rice, Henderson, Barkley, Sterling, Rashford, Kane.
  • What a terribly boring line-up. 
  • Quite easy to spot the former Brazilians in the Bulgarian team, from the lack of "v" in their name!

Iliev, S Popov, Bodurov, Marcelinho, Sarmov, Wanderson, I Popov, Nedyalkov, Bozhikov, Malinov, Ivanov
  • Sponsored links:

• Genuinely amazed at how Southgate can pick Trippier and Rashford ahead of TAA and Sancho.

Barkley ahead of Maddison is questionable too.

Also don't see why we need both Rice and Henderson at home to Bulgaria.
    Cos he is a palace c u next Tuesday 
  • With 2 games quite close to each other, I’m guessing the squad will be rotated.
  • Great win for Kosovo earlier, 2-1 v Czech Republic. They're now unbeaten in 4 and top of the group (until later tonight hopefully).

Perhaps Southgate sees them as a tougher game than Bulgaria (they took 4 points off them) so is saving some players back for that game. We have a strong enough squad to easily rotate in these games.
  • Said all along, under estimate Kosovo at our peril. They are football mad. A fair few of the successful Switzerland squad originally hail from Kosovo.
  • Poor start as expected. Play your best team ffs.
  • Commentator just said some of you may be to young to remember the days before VAR but we dont have that tonight, I hope thats a joke, cos VAR hasnt been around that long lol
  • Commentator just said some of you may be to young to remember the days before VAR but we dont have that tonight, I hope thats a joke, cos VAR hasnt been around that long lol
    He also just said that Bulgaria had already “embarrassed England”. They’ve had a shot FFS
  • Brother just sent me that pic- He does the England home games PA announcing. 

And in my first month working at Southampton, I will be in charge of England hospitality at St Mary's Tuesday, whilst he stadium announces. Ridiculous really ! 

Ps Matt Le Tissier's tipple is a Malibu. Oo er. 
  • Kane is overrated. What a dumb run by apparently one of the best strikers in the world. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Laddick01 said:
    Kane is overrated. What a dumb run by apparently one of the best strikers in the world. 
    He definitely is one of the best in the world. 
    Hasn't been the same since his injury. 
  • edited September 2019
    Riveting affair so far.

Edit... Less than a second later
    And goal.
  • I see it just me, or is Harry Kane turning into Jimmy Hill?
  • Cue the circus music. Good lord.
  • Laddick01 said:
    Kane is overrated. What a dumb run by apparently one of the best strikers in the world. 
    Been playing in a very disfunctional, out of form Spurs side. If he were in a top team he’d score a hell of a lot.
  • The best chance of scoring these days is to wait for a team playing it out from the back to screw up...
  • edited September 2019
    Kane needs Taylor alongside him.

Edit

For spurs
  • Laddick01 said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Been playing in a very disfunctional, out of form Spurs side. If he were in a top team he’d score a hell of a lot.
    Outside of penalties, his scoring rate is very average. 
  • The best chance of scoring these days is to wait for a team playing it out from the back to screw up...
    I’d love to see one of these lower ranked sides play long ball to rapid strikers and then play a high press when they inevitably lose it.

Sitting back is just waiting to lose.