Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fulham v Addicks on SKY Sat 5 Oct 12.30

Comments

• Options
    Last day of a break in Lanzarote for me...didn't really need an excuse to go to the pub, but cheers lads!!  :)
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    _MrDick said:
    Altogether now ... for the telly ... ‘Does your Butler know you’re here’ 

best chant ever at Craven Cottage 
    Loudest chant at Craven Cottage:
    The FA Cup
    Who gives a f**k
    We're Charlton Athletic
    And we're going up

Was loud yes, but I'm going to challenge you on that and say Valley Floyd Road that day was the loudest.

I think there is a video of it somewhere.  Literally 7,000 of us standing singing it at the tops of our voices.  Incredible stuff.

You may well be right ... it was incredibly loud that day
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    _MrDick said:

The FA Cup
    Who gives a f**k
    We're Charlton Athletic
    And we're going up

Was loud yes, but I'm going to challenge you on that and say Valley Floyd Road that day was the loudest.

I think there is a video of it somewhere.  Literally 7,000 of us standing singing it at the tops of our voices.  Incredible stuff.

https://youtu.be/YEKQrQRdEoo
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    anyone know what our allocation will be for fulham? thought i read somewhere they have reduced the allocation for away fans this season.  

edit : * just seen 1,900 is the max they will give*  have a feeling that wont make general sale. 

• Options
    stonemuse said:
    _MrDick said:

The FA Cup
    Who gives a f**k
    We're Charlton Athletic
    And we're going up

somewhere there's a version of that video shown from the home stand to the left of us as well
  • Options
    “Danny Murphy, your wife is a whore”.  Think this one was aired 2012.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    _MrDick said:

The FA Cup
    Who gives a f**k
    We're Charlton Athletic
    And we're going up

somewhere there's a version of that video shown from the home stand to the left of us as well
    I know the one you mean. It's brilliant, but sadly I can't find it anymore. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    stonemuse said:
    _MrDick said:

The FA Cup
    Who gives a f**k
    We're Charlton Athletic
    And we're going up

Fantastic day that was.

The final result meant nothing, the atmosphere was amazing
    so true, an amazing away day. 7,000 turned up fully expecting to lose badly but not caring at all, electric atmosphere
  • Options
    Losing 4-0 but as has been said one of the best away atmospheres in years. Every time Fulham scored we sang louder! And the abuse Murphy got when taking corners was brilliant, wasn’t he subbed at half time? 
  • Options
    redman said:
    He’s a kn*b but I thought bringing his family into it was in very bad taste.
    It was his wife who slagged us off, She wrote a newspaper column and let rip at Charlton and Curbs. She was probably more deserving of the singing than he was imo. 
    I always like Murphy, part of a fantastic midfield.

A shame that he thought we were beneath him, a dour miserable scouser.
  • Options
    He’s a kn*b but I thought bringing his family into it was in very bad taste.
    The stuck up cow started it.
  • Options
    I hope Parker gets both barrels... 
  • Options
    Did Parker and Bowyer ever play in the same team together? I guess their time at Charlton didn’t overlap but Newcastle?
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    _MrDick said:

The FA Cup
    Who gives a f**k
    We're Charlton Athletic
    And we're going up

Fantastic day that was.

That day was terrible, felt like 95% of the folk in my part of the away end had never been to a Charlton match before. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    stonemuse said:
    _MrDick said:

The FA Cup
    Who gives a f**k
    We're Charlton Athletic
    And we're going up

Fantastic day that was.

That day was terrible, felt like 95% of the folk in my part of the away end had never been to a Charlton match before. 
    It was a brilliant day. Despite the result, everyone was full of optimism ... well, with some exceptions it seems. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PopIcon said:
    will give the boat a miss for this one, so many pubs and probably one of the best away days in london. 
    The boats sold out a couple of weeks ago.
    The boats will probably be cancelled now.
    Boat 1 leaving at 9am

Boat 2 leaving at 9.15am
  • Options
    Did Parker and Bowyer ever play in the same team together? I guess their time at Charlton didn’t overlap but Newcastle?
    There is only four years between them... I know Lee made his debut @ 17 but is there a chance they played together at the Academy?
  • Options
    valleyfan said:
    Losing 4-0 but as has been said one of the best away atmospheres in years. Every time Fulham scored we sang louder! And the abuse Murphy got when taking corners was brilliant, wasn’t he subbed at half time? 
    I dont approve of any footballers family getting abuse but it was funny how Murphy stopped taking their corners after a while. Its now a running joke with me......any time I see him on telly I notice he's never sitting in a corner.....😁
  • Options
    No.
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:
    PopIcon said:
    will give the boat a miss for this one, so many pubs and probably one of the best away days in london. 
    The boats sold out a couple of weeks ago.
    The boats will probably be cancelled now.
    Boat 1 leaving at 9am

Boat 2 leaving at 9.15am
    You can relive your days in the Navy mate.
  • Options
    west brom have recieved a full allocation of 1900 to craven cottage - we should receive similar, doubt this will make general, aslong as if we are going pretty well brentford and possibly qpr. 
  • Options
    think their riverside stand is shut this season as being rebuilt therefore they have a restricted capacity....hence the reduced allocation
  • Options
    Yes, both played at Newcastle at the same time.

I remember Bowyer alluding to it when recounting the altercation between the two of them in the 4-2 victory over West Ham.
  • Options
    think their riverside stand is shut this season as being rebuilt therefore they have a restricted capacity....hence the reduced allocation
    Away fans get 1,900 this season.