Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Leeds United | Sat 28 Sep | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• fully undeserved 1-0, i see kayal is injured - think he might be a lost cause was really exited when he came but he spends more time in the coffee shops of brighton than he does on the pitch. 
  • 96th minute Chucks header from a corner seals a 2-1 win.

:) 
  • LB and JJ will not let last week's out of character performance happen again in a hurry. So it will be a better performance. But Leeds are a strong side and someone who finishes above Leeds and is starting next season not in the Premier League can coount themselves unlucky. But its the type of game we will ironically win or get a decent draw.
  • edited September 2019
    Think this game will tell us a lot about where we are - far more informative than any game we’ve played so far this season.

It’s a shame we are heading into it on the back of two defeats because this Leeds side have a growing reputation for choking which plays right into the hands of the Addicks.

I’m expecting it to be three defeats on the bounce unfortunately but I do think we will give a good account of ourselves.

Leeds to win 1-0 or 2-1 with a late goal.

The bed wetters will say it’s confirmation that we aren’t good enough and half our squad is League One level while the more level headed will be able to take some positives from our performance.
  • Wigan beat them at bellend Road with 10 men last season so as always I'm going charlton win. 

• No result or outcome would surprise me .. anything from  5-0 lashing to a 5-0 win or a 0-0 draw .. Leeds are playing imperious football away from home, BUT play on the break exploiting overstretched midfields and defences .. so don't get too over stretched.
    Taylor's absence is a big worry, worrying that we are so dependant on him .. 
    I'd be happy(ish) if we played very tight with 3 at the back, wingbacks, 3 in midfield and 2 up front, or even 5 4 1 .. 
    Phillips .. Solly, Sarr, Lockyer,  Pearce, Purrington .. Cullen, Gallagher, Pratley .. Aneke, Bonne ..
    alternatively, the above but Williams in midfield and Aneke alone up front .. keeping Hemed, Leko and Bonne on the bench 

I doubt VERY much if this will happen, even though Bowyer started with a virtual back 5 at Wembley at least until THAT goal

(no idea) .. CAFC 2 v Leeds United 2
  • We go in at H-T 1-0 up due to a deflected o/g, second half Leeds batter us, but due to some wasted opportunities we hang on 1-0, possession 30-70.
  • Aneke has got to start. End of. 

6-1. Home win. Redemption for  that game 15 odd years ago.
  • edited September 2019
    Looks like the odds are stacked against us against a high flying Leeds. 
    Being "Charlton"........ we will probably win. 
  • I think Bowyer will change the formation for this to make us more solid, which might involve Field coming in for one of the attacking players or more likely, switching to 3 centre backs (Sarr, Pearce and Lockyer) and again dropping a midfielder or attacker.

• Sponsored links:

• My littleun who has prob seen approx 36 games, mostly home but a few away aswell as the PO final, she has only seen 1 loss,unless she does a Mourinho,re Donny pens win,thinks again we will win,(she won’t tell me her score prediction till sat),I’m not so confident & do think her run will end 1-3...hoping tho she is right & im wrong...

Cmon U Addicks
  • edited September 2019
    Without Lyle there is no character or personality at the top end of the pitch.
    It's not just what he offers as a player, it's his presence which inspires confidence in the younger players like Leko and Gallagher.
    I have no doubt that Bowyer will prepare a side that will compete, but I foresee a frustrating afternoon where what periods of possession we have fizzle out in the final third.
    (Edit: Can anybody envisage Hemed demanding the ball and making things happen when he gets it? Me neither.
    I hope to see what his strengths are and some evidence that we can bring the best out of him)
    That said, I am a born pessimist and my predictions are always wrong.
    In that case, 7-0 Charlton
  • He unsettles defenders - that impacts in the game even when he isn't involved. In a totally different way, but Aneke can unsettle defenders too. Hemed is a bit of a luxury for me, especially as he doesn't look fit. Although you can argue that he needs games to get fit!
  • Havent watched myself but for anyone who wants to hear what Bielsa has to say about the game tomorrow

• Havent watched myself but for anyone who wants to hear what Bielsa has to say about the game tomorrow

I couldn't get past the first 5 minutes, what an incredibly dull man. 
  • After being totally pessimistic about the last two matches, I have a good feeling about this week’s match. The lads will have put their disappointing performances behind them and will put on a show for the attending hordes just like they did against Forest. Leeds won’t get anywhere near us. 1-0 win with a last minute strike by Akpo Sodje 

Lee Bowyer isn't exactly the most exciting speaker either

Or Curbs for that matter!

I didn't say he was.
  • Sponsored links:

Half time team talks must be a challenge...
  • Sure this looks like an away banker. Certainly to any Charlton fan. But I have a feeling we might just get something this weekend as Leeds pulled Derby apart last week and did not win. Hemed to score, 1-1 spoils shared.
  • 1-0 to us... Hemed 82 minute... clearly offside.... 

The crowd goes mental ... scenes ... Bielsa gets sent off, more calls for VAR in the Championship... 

We dream again...

5 !!!  I gave up after less than 2 when even his interpreter had to ask what he meant & start again. 

God knows how he can inspire the dressing room. 
  • I predict an exciting open game in which we will give as good as we get but will lose 3-2. Hemed and Williams to kick start their goalscoring, though, and set us up for better Taylor-less results in the coming weeks.

5 !!!  I gave up after less than 2 when even his interpreter had to ask what he meant & start again. 

God knows how he can inspire the dressing room. 
    ‘....come on lads, let’s go and win the game before he starts talking again...’ ?
  • 1-1 with Gallagher scoring ours

Don't understand some of the negative comments re Field - from what I have seen, good player - although I have only been to home games thus far - I think he is effective in front of backline
  • Field has been solid for me but not more. Nothing wrong with being solid though is it?
  • edited September 2019
    1-1 with Gallagher scoring ours

Don't understand some of the negative comments re Field - from what I have seen, good player - although I have only been to home games thus far - I think he is effective in front of backline
    Field is one of those midfielders that some people are guaranteed not to like. He doesn't charge around the pitch, fly into tackles left right and centre, or spray eye-catching cross-field passes left, right and centre. Some will interpret that as a quietly efficient midfielder who screens the back four and keeps us ticking over, others will see a player who is a bit anonymous. Personally I think he's looked decent. He seemed to draw a fair bit of criticism after the Birmingham match, but taking him out of the side vs Wigan didn't exactly improve us.