Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Leeds United | Sat 28 Sep | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• I think we may look to pack the midfield for this one or go to 3 at the back. 

I would have Pratley and Cullen infront of the back 4 with Gallagher and William's shuttling and Aneke in the 10 role. Hemed up top alone.

Can also have William's and Gallagher dropping wide into a 4411.
  • Looking forward to this....going to get the tube to North Greenwich (from London Bridge) and have a wander to the Pilot and then onto the Anchor & Hope and maybe one in the Oak. Hopefully the game will be as good.
  • Sort of game that brings out the best in bowyer and his squad we hold out for a draw
  • I have a feeling we'll get something.
    Yeah, hammered 
  • Gonna smash em.

11/2, fill ya boots
  • edited September 2019
    Field was to blame for the Birmingham goal. Needed to stay with the player not wrongly anticipate what he would do and give him acres of space which put us on the backfoot. That middle area has to be competed for and not left open. That includes poor passes to that area. It is a very dangerous place to let unchallenged players advance in. But all players make mistakes. You can't dig somebody out over one error.
  • Field was to blame for the Birmingham goal. Needed to stay with the player not wrongly anticipate what he would do and give him acres of space which put us on the backfoot. That middle area has to be competed for and not left open. That includes poor passes to that area. It is a very dangerous place to let unchallenged players advance in. But all players make mistakes. You can't dig somebody out over one error.
    Field is getting pelters but he was instrumental in the first 45 against Forest when we were unplayable 
  • edited September 2019

Big interview with Charlton Athletic captain Jason Pearce 

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1002325322?-11197:833
  • Yep, I'm a Field admirer. Should start with him & replace him with Pratley with 10 to go if winning.
  • Sponsored links:

• I’ve revised my prediction due to no logic whatsoever, only blind optimism.

We’re gonna do ‘em. 2-0

COYR
  • Heavy defeat. 
    Keeping an eye on the 9 point gap to relegation. 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Heavy defeat. 
    Keeping an eye on the 9 point gap to relegation. 
    Boooo 
  • And i am - sort of !!
  • I’m not,
    blood and guts today,

1-0
  • Fancy a win 2-1.
  • edited September 2019
    Some interesting thoughts from a Leeds perspective. Curious that they also mention we may depart from the diamond formation since Leeds focus heavily on attacking from wide areas. In that sense, switching up our formation may not be quite as surprising as some here think it would be...

• Will be a tough game, of course, but I’m hopeful of getting something 1-1 with Pearce scoring.

on the train now - will be in the Rose by midday!

come on you Red Boys!!!
  • Some interesting thoughts from a Leeds perspective. Curious that they also mention we may depart from the diamond formation since Leeds focus heavily on attacking from wide areas. In that sense, switching up our formation may not be quite as surprising as some here think it would be...

Some were saying Forest attacked wide areas and we ended up sticking with the diamond and had our best half of the season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    Some interesting thoughts from a Leeds perspective. Curious that they also mention we may depart from the diamond formation since Leeds focus heavily on attacking from wide areas. In that sense, switching up our formation may not be quite as surprising as some here think it would be...

Some were saying Forest attacked wide areas and we ended up sticking with the diamond and had our best half of the season.
    Very true, I was one of those people who said that Forest attack from the wide areas. However, I don't think there is another club like Leeds in this division that get the ball out wide as much as they do. I would personally be surprised to see us stick with the diamond, unless Bowyer believes it will allow us to win the middle centre of the pitch. Just we would get completely overloaded out wide.
  • BBC preview:
    • Leeds are the only team in the top four tiers of English football yet to concede a league goal before half-time this season.

Right, Bows ..... need to put a dent in that, don't we?

• edited September 2019
    Our full backs are going to get worked over by Costa. Best to go 5 at the back I reckon to give them support. Particularly as Purrington is carrying an injury apparently.
  • edited September 2019
    Leeds coach is stuck in traffic...so could be s delayed KO...or maybe they could just award us the 3pts...👍
  • edited September 2019
    Leeds coach is stuck in traffic...so could be s delayed KO...or maybe they could just award us the 3pts...👍
    Scrape that it’s just turned up...🤔
  • The tipster in The Sun has tipped us to win, but he also tipped us to win our last two games, oh dear
  • My littleun who has prob seen approx 36 games, mostly home but a few away aswell as the PO final, she has only seen 1 loss,unless she does a Mourinho,re Donny pens win,thinks again we will win,(she won’t tell me her score prediction till sat),I’m not so confident & do think her run will end 1-3...hoping tho she is right & im wrong...

Cmon U Addicks
    Well there ya go...👍
  • We go in at H-T 1-0 up due to a deflected o/g, second half Leeds batter us, but due to some wasted opportunities we hang on 1-0, possession 30-70.
    Not a bad shout .