Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Preston-live on SKY

Comments

• Options
    The Paddy Bauer derby.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    Oh FFS

F*** off
    Not up for a right royal piss up after the match and subsequent written off Monday?  For old times sake?
    Would love to @Curb_It but arranged a golf trip for the Sunday. Won't even get to watch it :-(
  • Options
    Feels a bit of a "contractual obligation" game really.

"get Charlton and Preston out of the way"
    Not sûre. They will bill it using Bauer and his winning goal.
    Not exactly Figo returning to the Camp Nou with Real or Sol Campbell returning to WHL with Arsenal though!
  • Options

Not exactly Figo returning to the Camp Nou with Real or Sol Campbell returning to WHL with Arsenal though!
    Maybe. But Barcelona and Arsenal don't play in The Championship. They look at the teams and try to find reasons why to match teams up. Looking at Charlton then the story is all about either Bowyer, Lyle Taylor or the last gasp winner at Wembley. I'm surprised that they didn't pick the Leeds or Birmingham games - maybe they will later in the season. However, Charlton and Preston are not such a big draw and the Bauer story is a way to get them both out of the way in one go.
  • Options
    I would question why they chose not to select us for coverage against Millwall the following week but its pretty obvious going by the games they have chosen:

Saturday 9th November: Nottingham Forest v Derby
    Sunday 10th November: Cardiff v Bristol City
    It’s bad enough being shamed, but being shamed live on TV is even worse. 
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Solidgone said:
    Bollocks. I’m off to Israel on same day. 
    Take Hemed with you please. No need to bring him back. 
  • Options

Be great to see PB come 'home' - i'm sure he will get a fantastic reception.
  • Options
    I would question why they chose not to select us for coverage against Millwall the following week but its pretty obvious going by the games they have chosen:

Saturday 9th November: Nottingham Forest v Derby
    Sunday 10th November: Cardiff v Bristol City
    It’s bad enough being shamed, but being shamed live on TV is even worse. 
    Not to mention SKY are probably wary of picking this fixture again - Whenever they've selected it for TV coverage the game has tended to be absolutely dire!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The worst timed kick off in football in my opinion.

Absolutely no supporter or player can ever enjoy a 12 Sunday kick off.
  • Options

Maybe. But Barcelona and Arsenal don't play in The Championship. They look at the teams and try to find reasons why to match teams up. Looking at Charlton then the story is all about either Bowyer, Lyle Taylor or the last gasp winner at Wembley. I'm surprised that they didn't pick the Leeds or Birmingham games - maybe they will later in the season. However, Charlton and Preston are not such a big draw and the Bauer story is a way to get them both out of the way in one go.
    Leeds away is the last game of the season. 100% that will be on live.
  • Options
    Doesnt bother me so I'm fine with it all.  Might actually be good as I have minor eye surgery on the wed before so if my eye is playing up I can watch it at home on Sky.

• Options
    ForeverAddickted said:
    How difficult is it for the FA | SKY | Train Companies to sit down and organise Football travel tickets

Instead sorting out silly travel you should be able to buy a ticket from your location to the closest station where a game is being held - That ticket is then valid the day of the game being held and can be remain valid if moved for whatever reason; be it: SKY | International Call-Ups | Cup Commitments | Weather reasons

Enough now of the: "Oh well its the risk you take" attitude from these people!!

I was at a Football Supporters Association meeting last week. The FSA said that they were lobbying the train companies to agree to the idea of tickets linked to a match rather than a specific date, but they were honest in admitting they weren't making much progress at the moment.

I believe the idea is Labour Party policy (or was at least in their 2017 manifesto)

• Options
    clb74 said:
    Blinding can watch it in the pub.
    Just leave the away games alone sky 
    See you in The Bricklayers.
  • Options
    feels like a match to get us and preston done and dusted.
  • Options
    What a duffer to pick!
  • Options
    Suits me to be honest but understand this is a fucker for the majority. 
  • Options
    who would even want to watch Charlton v Preston? even i'm not that bothered. 

just gives Sky a chance to say "see we have shown both of you live and even when we did no one was interested so lets just draw a line under that and get back to watching champions of Europe Leeds and the NFL franchise The London Spurs."
  • Options
    Oh FFS

F*** off
    Fully agree, living in Manchester I pre-book trains 12 weeks in advance to get the best advance rail prices. Spent £32.35 for the sat journey. Now going to have to blag a bed for the night and spend another £22.00 to get back. Like other posters I also have sympathy for the Preston fans as I reckon a fair few have already bought advance tickets which are pretty much non refundable.
    Not good enough SKY, think of the fans for a change.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fantastic - finish up work for the season on Friday, England win the rugby WC Sunday morning and then Charlton on the tele after. 

(Sorry for those who have train problems though.)
  • Options
    Doesnt bother me so I'm fine with it all.  Might actually be good as I have minor eye surgery on the wed before so if my eye is playing up I can watch it at home on Sky.

Or not...
  • Options
    Oh FFS

F*** off
    Fully agree, living in Manchester I pre-book trains 12 weeks in advance to get the best advance rail prices. Spent £32.35 for the sat journey. Now going to have to blag a bed for the night and spend another £22.00 to get back. Like other posters I also have sympathy for the Preston fans as I reckon a fair few have already bought advance tickets which are pretty much non refundable.
    Not good enough SKY, think of the fans for a change.
    They never have and never will.
  • Options
    Fantastic - finish up work for the season on Friday, England win the rugby WC Sunday morning and then Charlton on the tele after. 

Rugby WC final on Saturday 2nd isn’t it? 
  • Options
    Was going to be my first game back after surgery, but I'll take another week mending and watch on Sky.
  • Options
    I mean this could easily be lowest all time viewing figures for a Sky Championship game , they don't come much duller and nothingy than this 
  • Options
    I mean this could easily be lowest all time viewing figures for a Sky Championship game , they don't come much duller and nothingy than this 
    Barnsley v Brentford this sunday?
  • Options
    Barnsley v Brentford this sunday?
    At least that's a 1:30 kickoff so a bit more civilised, and more makeable for the away fans
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Rugby WC final on Saturday 2nd isn’t it? 
    Indeed it is
  • Options
    Top of the table clash don't you know...😉