Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Preston-live on SKY

13»

Comments

• Was going to miss the game as I'm in Madrid that weekend, so I'm quite pleased it's been changed. Just need to find a Sports Bar in Madrid to watch it now.
  • The worst timed kick off in football in my opinion.

Absolutely no supporter or player can ever enjoy a 12 Sunday kick off.
    Really? I didn’t have a problem with it but luckily I’ve just read this so now I know I’m not allowed to enjoy it.
  • stonemuse said:
    Fantastic - finish up work for the season on Friday, England win the rugby WC Sunday morning and then Charlton on the tele after. 

(Sorry for those who have train problems though.)
    Rugby WC final on Saturday 2nd isn’t it? 
    Oh good - that's even better then.  :)  
  • JaShea99 said:
    The worst timed kick off in football in my opinion.

Absolutely no supporter or player can ever enjoy a 12 Sunday kick off.
    Really? I didn’t have a problem with it but luckily I’ve just read this so now I know I’m not allowed to enjoy it.
    In terms of atmosphere yes.
  • Right. I might not bother then if I’m not gonna enjoy it. Thanks for the heads up.
  • edited October 2019
    Airman has hinted on twitter that Charlton will be on Sky more and that we should get used to lunchtime kick offs. 

https://twitter.com/airmanbrown/status/1180060846984183809

#cafc suddenly very popular with Sky from what I hear. Better get used to lunchtime football.
  • Probably because there is a modicum of atmosphere. The recent games I've seen on Sky featuring Stoke, Huddersfield & Wigan have had v little by the way of noise. You could hear  pin drop.....and the players shouting to each other.
  • We're also competing with the big teams... Swansea may have deserved the win but we could easily have snatched a point

Gives them a bit of an underdog story rather than going with teams that'll get steam rolled
  • We're also competing with the big teams... Swansea may have deserved the win but we could easily have snatched a point

Gives them a bit of an underdog story rather than going with teams that'll get steam rolled
    A bit of a cryptic hint. If Sky are showing the underdog story we must be on TV against Sheffield Wednesday. You can’t get a much bigger test than playing against that massive club. 
  • Was going to miss the game as I'm in Madrid that weekend, so I'm quite pleased it's been changed. Just need to find a Sports Bar in Madrid to watch it now.
    I'm sure they will show it on the big screen at the Bernabau ;-))
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2019
    As you are aware, when the game is on Sky, I do not contribute to the match day thread, (as much as I enjoy it), it seems like a lot of games this season are being shown that I will not be contributing to, SORRY FOLKS. Bring back Redmidland  :)
  • Sunday train from Dorset with rail replacement bus and stop at all stops service. 6.45am train to get me there in time for kick-off. P**s off.

• edited October 2019
    I hope its not Middlesbrough as have shelled out £50 quid on trains. Think it will be the Massives at home. 
  • I hope its not Middlesbrough as have shelled out £50 quid on trains. Think it will be the Massives at home. 

Spot on. 

And Cardiff

• 2 saturdays running the lunchtime KO at home, that's crap
  • Thanks Sky. This is on my 12 hr day weekend..i was going to go on the Saturday although it costs me £150 in lost wages and 12 hours holiday...Now its going to cost me £300 quid in lost wages and 12 hours holiday...Think I wont be going,
  • can’t wait for the conversation next month , why do you need to go when the match is on TV.