Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Leeds United | Sat 28 Sep | 3pm KO | MATCH THREAD

Comments

• Options
    Jeff Stelling funny as fcuk (not) on SKY. I was convinced Leeds had scored. 😡
  • Options
    We're winning 1-0 with 30% possession, whatever that's supposed to mean in reality.
  • Options
    Fabulous arse tap in by Bonne. 

We looked shaky first 15-20 then grew into the half.

Pratley doing well, Leko being that typical kid that's great at dribbling but not much else.

Gallagher working his nuts off. 
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    HALF-TIME | Charlton 1 Leeds United 0 @MBonne9's goal is the difference at the end of an entertaining first half at The Valley. #cafc

Leko has got his shorts dirty!

• Options
    At the match.
    Very happy with that first 45 minutes. 
    Dirty pigeon bothering whippet chasing flat cap pricks ain't so happy. 
  • Options
    Enjoyed that. Love the Championship, full blooded and competitive every week. 

Lucky break for the goal but weathered the early storm and have grown into the match. 

I’d probably still make Leeds favourites to win given how much of the ball they’ve had, but our work rate and intensity is back where it should be and with a lead to defend at fortress valley, who knows what might happen next. 
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    masicat said:
    Oggy Red said:
    We're winning 1-0 with 30% possession, whatever that's supposed to mean in reality.
    Means we have had 30% possession and 100% of the goals.
    Are we going to win today, Mystic Masicat? :smile:

• Options
    I'm on 1-1 Lockyer at 325/1... Was it definitely Bonne? (not that I want it to be 1-1)
  • Options
    Impressed with Bonne. For someone who apparently isn't ready yet, he's putting in a good shift. Pretty sure it was an own goal though unfortunately. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    I'm on 1-1 Lockyer at 325/1... Was it definitely Bonne? (not that I want it to be 1-1)
    If it wasn’t Bonne it’s an OG. No way Lockyer will be awarded it I’m afraid. 
  • Options
    Most possession did not do us any good in the last two games
  • Options
    I am sat behind the Leeds dugout and have about ten Leeds fans for company. None of them moved when we scored but they did swesr at Brian Cole when he yrird to get the scorer from the 4th oficial.
    Godd workrate 1st half but I expect them to up the tempo for the last 45...COYA!
  • Options
    Well I'm not counting my chickens yet, but I'll take that at half time.
  • Options
    Bamford is a complete ponce. Why do they leave the Arsenal lad on the bench ?
  • Options
    St Blazey 1- 1 Camelford in the driving rain.
  • Options
    We’re a second half team.
  • Options
    Interesting half.

Leeds look the better side, have had most of the possession, most of the territory, more chances.

For all that, though, we're good value for our lead.

The defence (including the midfield) have, in the main, restricted Leeds to a succession of half-chances and nothing too clear cut. Dillon did well in the opening minutes to bundle a near-post header from a corner around the post, and Leko produced a magnificent block to stop a shot from the edge of the box going into the corner of the net.

At the other end Leko has been on a few mazy runs without quite being able to provide a final product, the Welsh garden gnome has weaved a lot of wizardry down the left, combining well with Ben Purr and Gallagher.

I'd expect Leeds to change things about in the second half to try and find a way through our defensive barrier. If we can hold on for a point I'd be very happy.
  • Options
    edited September 2019

Geddon, WMTicket! 

A bit of proper Cornish liquid sunshine won't do you any harm. :smile:

• Options
    Bonne seems to be playing somewhere nearer to Taylor's style, unlike Hemed who's a totally different player. Pleased with his first half; good work-rate as well as being decent on the ball, though I also thought straight away that the goal was an o.g.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    flight delayed at Naples. Will be able to listen to second half. #COYR
  • Options
    Looked at a house in St Blazey the other week. Liked the house but drove around the town and, after visiting the Polgrean Estate, decided against it.
  • Options
    Not getting carried away yet, as Leeds have scored at least twice in every away game and have Nketiah on the bench.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Look here people, Lady luck is 14000 km from here, she came on line, and we're 1:0 up. Lets hope we can keep her coming...

Now now...
  • Options
    Looked at a house in St Blazey the other week. Liked the house but drove around the town and, after visiting the Polgrean Estate, decided against it.
    Nice enough along to Tywardreath.

• Options
    Question.... would you take one point right now or roll the dice?
  • Options
    Look here people, Lady luck is 14000 km from here, she came on line, and we're 1:0 up. Lets hope we can keep her coming...

• Options
    edited September 2019
    I've replayed our goal several times and it looks as if their keeper palms it out onto the defender who goes to ground with Bonne so an OG.
  • Options
    Not getting carried away yet, as Leeds have scored at least twice in every away game and have Nketiah on the bench.
    Not anymore, Nketiah’s coming on.
  • Options
    Question.... would you take one point right now or roll the dice?
    It's the 77 million dollar question.  :smile:

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!